This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

!!

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to Carpe Noctem, the biggest forum dedicated to Vampire Counts in the world! Please take a moment of your time to register if you haven't already done so and get access to member only content. It will also get rid of this annoying banner! If you have already registered please login.

See you around the forum.

Disciple of Nagash
Carpe Noctem Owner and Administrator

The best unit size for things...?
HERO
The Red Fury
Trade Count: (0)

Zombies: 321

The best unit size for things...?

Skeletons, Zombies, Ghouls, Grave Guard..etc.

I'm thinking 30x Grave Guard in 6x5?
Skeletons same

Zombies, who cares, fodder

Ghouls 6 or 7 wide? How many?

Think about price too!

HERO's Gaming Blog
High Elves, Vampire Counts
01-15-2012 08:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
drmooreflava
Banshee
Trade Count: (0)

Zombies: 281

RE: The best unit size for things...?

As big as it gets.

You want to steal people's steadfast. 100 zombies sounds about right, and it basically an unbreakable bunker.

ghouls, 10pts! WTF ALL CAPS RAGE Swear , they are nasty nasty nasty now with the rerolls from VHD and HV. I will be glad to see all the ghoul lovers STFU when it comes to 10 pts 2 attacks poison, potentially rerolling to hit and wound rolls, thats bout as killy as it gets for 10 pts unbreakable T4 Happy

On the other hand, Crypt horrors are quite nasty and well balanced with regen 5+ and T5. They are a good hammer and anvil, I wouldnt suggest less than 12 per unit. Varghiests min 6 models if you want them to be effective after getting shot at or if they accidently frenzy charge into the wrong thing.

Either go GG deathstar or don't. 30 isn't enough at 2,500 pts. Not that i personally play at that points lvl but thats what most people opperate at.

While we are on the subject of pts and unit size, Dogs should be atleast ten strong people!

Bat swarms also need to be fielded, either in units of 2 or 5ish depending on what you use them for.

I understand this cuts into special... we need to consider the fact that we are always to most of the time taking only 25% core.
01-15-2012 08:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which hero in which unit? QuantumAsh 6 304 02-09-2014 03:27 PM
Last Post: idi3ispwn
  Why are Crypt horrors + Hexwraith unit champions compulsory? Minigiant 11 705 01-20-2014 06:26 PM
Last Post: Vipoid
  Vampire Lord Unit Umbra 16 931 01-07-2014 09:12 PM
Last Post: Bane
  [THREAD INDEX] Vampire Counts Unit by Unit Discussion & More [Updated: 20-2-2014] ATP485 6 6,459 12-02-2013 01:49 PM
Last Post: The Sun King
  Taking a HUGE powerful unit Vampire Count 12 486 11-21-2013 05:11 PM
Last Post: Duke Danse Macabre