This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

!!

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to Carpe Noctem, the biggest forum dedicated to Vampire Counts in the world! Please take a moment of your time to register if you haven't already done so and get access to member only content. It will also get rid of this annoying banner! If you have already registered please login.

See you around the forum.

Disciple of Nagash
Carpe Noctem Owner and Administrator

Thread Closed 
VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - Game Thread
KhazModan
Black Knight
Trade Count: (0)

Zombies: 225

RE: VAU: The Tale of Ivana Hoompalotte - Game Thread

”Do you really think that they are dead?”
Threeflower stopped eating, with the chicken in his hand completely forgotten.
“That would be horrible!”
Threeflower jumps up from his seat and runs over to the corpses, still with the chickenleg firmly in his grasp.
“Excuse me” Threeflower squeezes between all the people gathered at around the “actors”.
Threeflower starts to shake the man with the slit throat.
“Wake up, you can stop playing dead, you are scaring the ladies”
Threeflowers shaking only results in the head tipping backwards exposing the gruesome wound.
“Opsi daisy”
Threeflower abruptly stops shaking the corps, he absentminded dries his hands of on his west, slowly puts the corps down again.
“I’m so very sorry”
He slowly makes his way back to the table.
“You seem to be right, this is not a game, at least not the one we use to play back home. But the bright side is that at least we won’t starve” He absentmindedly starts to gnaw at the chicken leg again while staring out at nothing.
01-31-2012 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user
Raizi
Cult of Johnny

Zombies: 1,021

Limping a little, Duality hopped towards a man who had been talking to himself. The man seemed a little distraught, but then so did about everyone else in the hall. Duality made a few introducing tinkles with the bells hanging from it's sleeves to capture the man's attention.

"Good ser, I heard you talking to yourself. And I had the chance to overhear you were looking for a wife here? This may be not be of the best of times... but I know a princess with similiar interests. Might I be so bold and introduce you to her later, when she's had a little time to compose herself? She is a sweetsouled, true highborn princess, but lonely and a bit shy. She's a bit unaccustomed to social life, as her father was... well overprotective, to say the least."

Description of Deadmeat

My VC painting thread

My Skaven painting thread
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2012 11:08 AM by Raizi.)
01-31-2012 10:58 AM
The Archivist
Alias: MoriArchy
Global Mod

Zombies: 1,821

Gurter looked at the talisman in his hand before sighing and putting it in his pocket.
"I'm no priest, but I can give him what he needs as well as the priest here can take him off to Morr. I'd prefer to do it in private, but I'll do it up on that balcony before you send their spirits off."
"Come. Let us go now before more people feel free to peruse their bodies."
He helped lift the man from whom the talisman had come, and to carry him through the doors that led to the balcony.

Books...
Books...
Baawwkss...

Gunhearts - "Automaton" Pilotere
VAU TAFTAJ- Gregor Hearthwell, Professor
TVCII - Faust
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2012 11:41 AM by The Archivist.)
01-31-2012 11:41 AM
Pietr Von Carstein
Vampire Count

Twitter
Quoter
Zombies: 513

"Damned she-devil. If I still had my sword I'd split her in two."
Tormund filled a flagon of ale and adressed Threeflowers.
"Aye, we wont be lacking food, but we may be lacking some blood after a while."

[Image: CN_banner1.jpg]

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot .

Looking for a wargaming club in the Irish midlands ? Then click me !

What is this link?
01-31-2012 11:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Feast4Crows
VAU: Dr. Viktor von Ungeheuer

Zombies: 100

Dr. von Ungeheuer drained another glass of liquor and eyed the food critically. Seeing the halfling tuck into the chicken, he also grabbed a leg and chewed it with gusto. "Looks like this is going to end up being quite a bloody affair," he sighed. "I'm almost regretting accepting the invitation. Then again, the food and drink are divine." Sucking the remains of the meat from the chicken leg, he tossed the bone aside and poured himself another drink. "I daresay I don't look forward to meeting these other 'friends' of our dear hostess," lamented Dr. von Ungeheuer, as he wiped his greasy hands on the tablecloth. "Even if they would be as exquisite an example of anatomy as she is."

[Image: Signature-banner.jpg]
01-31-2012 12:34 PM
Lynks
Lord of RAW
Global Mod
Trade Count: (1)

Quoter
Zombies: 1,485

Turning around to see the owner of the voice addressing him Edvard Hiide initially pulled a sort of repulsed face, but remembering his own demeanour this was eased and then completely wiped and replaced with one of utter raptness, clearly pleased by what he had heard.

"A lady that i have missed in my search, and a princess none the less?!" replied Edvard, practically bounding off the walls with glee, eyes darting around the room as if in search of where such a lady might be.

"I would be humbled to meet this fine woman and pray forgiveness for requiring her to look upon one such as me" stated Edvard as he composed himself, with the expression of one who clearly was used to buttering up to people.

"I am Edvard Hiide, Lord of Glumhoff, though not inherrited through blood i should say, and who might you be?" Apparently pleased with the introduction he has, despite the obvious questions it brings to mind.

Lynks' Conversion/ Army Plog <---- CAN NOW CLASSIFY AS A PAINTLOG!

TVCII Character: The Verdant Heart

VAU Character: Lyssandra of Yur
01-31-2012 12:46 PM
Raizi
Cult of Johnny

"They called me Duality in the Grand Circus of Altdorf. I have... left that life behind me now, and have the honor of serving my as a page for my fair princess. I also serve as a squire of sorts for her bodyguard, Ser Gilmore. You could almost say I run the whole show, eh?"

As duality speaks, the right side of it's face is completely motionless and when finished, a wide grin is displayed on the left side of it's mouth.

"When my sweet princess has recovered from the initial shock, I will bring her to greet you, kind ser. Now, I must grab something to eat. Will you join me?"

Description of Deadmeat

My VC painting thread

01-31-2012 12:56 PM
Lynks
Lord of RAW
Global Mod
Trade Count: (1)

Quoter
Zombies: 1,485

Realising just how hungry he was Edvard hastily replied "yes, that would be a grand idea."

He moved to return to his seat and noticed that in all his excitement he had knocked over his glass of wine which now coated a wide area of the table in front of him. Believing that no one saw or noticed his mistake despite the disgruntled looks he was recieving, Edvard moved further down the table and pulled out a chair for his companion before sitting at another, pretending as if nothing had happened, or at least he wasn't the instigator of it.

"Tell me more of the princess which you serve" inviting Duality to join him and continue the conversation, seemingly having completely forgotten the predicament they had found themselves in.

Lynks' Conversion/ Army Plog <---- CAN NOW CLASSIFY AS A PAINTLOG!

TVCII Character: The Verdant Heart

VAU Character: Lyssandra of Yur
01-31-2012 01:44 PM
Black Baron
Grave Guard

Zombies: 80

Fyodor nodded his head towards the new helpers "Its nice to see all the help I'm receiving, curtain fabric would be too thick, I'll need blankets for shrouds but first I'll need to slow the corpses from rotting too quickly."

01-31-2012 02:14 PM
The Archivist
Global Mod

Gurter carried the man out onto the balcony. Not waiting for the other body to arrive, he took off his cloak, underneath which was a pack. Taking out a small box, he covered the pack with his cloak. In side were three small containers. One held some see-through liquid, another was metallic and tightly sealed, and the third was a jar in which was a large quantity of hair.
Opening the first, he daubed the liquid using a small brush on the body's palms in the shape of an axe. Putting on leather gloves, he then dipped a glass rod into the second, before freezing a small patch of skin on the man's neck in the shape of a snowflake with the tip. Finally, he placed a piece of hair in the man's mouth.
Once this had been done, he turned to the priest of Morr.
"He's ready for Morr. Ulric has blessed him in death."
Gurter turned, and without a backwards glance packed up his stuff and returned to the hall.

Books...
Books...
Baawwkss...

TVCII - Faust
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2012 03:01 PM by The Archivist.)
01-31-2012 03:01 PM
Raizi
Cult of Johnny

Grabbing a few slices of a delicious looking vegetable-pie, Duality sits on the offered chair. With a smooth motion Duality covers the spilled wine with a nearby napkin, which quickly soaks the wine.

"Could you pour some for me too, Edvard. In matters concerning the princess, you should talk with good Ser Gilmore, there's no-one who knows her better. He's the one who rescued our damsel from distress, afterall."

Duality said, offering a glass to be filled. Then Duality proceeded to unfold the glove puppet knight from it's sleeve-pocket. When worn in it's left hand, the doll seemed to scan the surroundings while Duality's right hand was occupied with the wine and the pie.

"GOOD DAY TO YOU, SER. I BELIEVE WE HAVEN'T BEEN INTRODUCED. MY NAME IS SER GILMORE. I'M A SWORN KNIGHT OF THE LADY AND PROTECTOR OF THE WEAK. MIGHT I GET YOUR NAME, GOOD SER?"

Duality's mouth was closed the whole time, as it was chewing on the vegetable pie. The booming voice seemed to emanate from somewhere inside Duality's motley. After swallowing the bite, Duality continued:

"Ser Gilmore, this is our new friend Edvard Hiide, Lord of Glumhoff. Edvard, this is my friend and sire, Ser Gilmore"

"PLEASED TO MEET YOU, LORD EDVARD. NOW WHAT WAS IT YOU WANTED TO DISCUSS?"

Asked the doll-knight.

Description of Deadmeat

My VC painting thread

01-31-2012 03:02 PM
Duke Danse Macabre
Dark Heresy: Arabella Dietrich
True Bloods
Trade Count: (2)

Facebook MySpace YouTube
Golden Bat GoldGolden Bat SilverGolden Bat BronzeDonater
Zombies: 4,424

*Turning to the young woman reaching for her second glass of wine who had but recently joined the table*

Sound words indeed but still, going easy on the wine may prove just as prudent as caution at this point.

*Nursing his tankard taking the occasional sip so as to savor the flavor without impairing his wits he turned to the stout dwarf tucking into the fair that was on offer*

Master dwarf?.... Is this ale of your own making?...

*Leaving the question hanging, waiting till he had managed to swallow what ever it was he a chewing on*

Forever Yours Duke Danse Macabre

Please Click Image Below to Be Directed to My Plog

[Image: DukeForumSig-3.jpg]

01-31-2012 03:57 PM
Harland
Private Detective
True Bloods

Zombies: 1,657

Frederick suddenly realized that he had gone into a daze again. He shook himself, and raised an eyebrow at the man with the hammer shouting in the middle of the room. After he had retreated in shame, Frederick strode up to him.
"So, are you tonight's entertainement?"
Without waiting for an answer, he swept off, his long robe billowing as he went. Then, something caught his attention - an ugly man in an ill-fitting suit talking with a jester, the face of whom seemed to be half frozen. He shook his head, then turned to go to the buffet, but he almost walked into a huge, hairy man with a wolf necklace.
"Watch where you're going, you fat oaf!

VAU: Erelim Argon
TVC II: The loquacious assassin, Roland Kobura

Something Wicked This-way Comes

Zombie1 Rob has moved on to better things...
But Stewart's adventure is only beginning... Then he fell into a hole and died. I blame Matt Smith, personally.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2012 04:11 PM by Harland.)
01-31-2012 04:00 PM
The Archivist
Global Mod

Gurter stared down at the weasel-like man in front of him.
'I would be sorry for walking into you if you hadn't just insulted me. I will let it past, and will go and converse with the dwarf.'
Gurter turned to walk off toward the table, but stopped.
'Unless you happen to know of a dwarven slayer passing through here with a human companion? They go by the names of Gotrek and Felix, I believe."

Books...
Books...
Baawwkss...

TVCII - Faust
01-31-2012 04:20 PM
Harland
Private Detective
True Bloods

Frederick narrowed his eyes.
"In case you hadn't noticed, we are currently all locked in a dining hall with a bunh of bloodthirsty vampires. There is no way out. Why on earth would that be of any interest to you?"

But Stewart's adventure is only beginning... Then he fell into a hole and died. I blame Matt Smith, personally.
01-31-2012 04:29 PM
The Archivist
Global Mod

"I have been chasing them down for some time now. I need to talk to them. I was told they were here, and since you aren't being any help I will ask the dwarf who will be."
"Also, yes, we are trapped in with a load of bloodthirsty vampires, but if a battle comes I'll be ready. Until then? I might as well get something out of this venture."

Books...
Books...
Baawwkss...

TVCII - Faust
01-31-2012 04:37 PM
Pietr Von Carstein
Vampire Count

Twitter
Quoter
Zombies: 513

Noticing the slightly aggresive discussion taking place Tormund declared;
"I didn't think we would be at each others throats, figuratively as well as literally so soon."
Tormund took a second flagon of ale and continued.
"Surely we should at least wait a few hours before making enemies, who may vote us for execution, kill us in the night, or both."

[Image: CN_banner1.jpg]

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot .

Looking for a wargaming club in the Irish midlands ? Then click me !

What is this link?
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2012 04:40 PM by Pietr Von Carstein.)
01-31-2012 04:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Zephyr
Sanguinarian
True Bloods

Zombies: 1,410

Ysolda put down her glass, letting the words sink in.
"You are right sir, we need to keep our wits about though with so many strong and able men I don't think I need to worry as much. Well...as long as THEY too aren't...you know"
She quickly silenced herself, smiling at those around her and shaking her head.
"Do forgive my manners."
She waited to see if the Dwarf would actually respond, eager to learn more.

She was in great pain! Then we cut off her head, and drove a stake through her heart, and burned it, and then she found peace.
A. Van Helsing, spreading peace and love to vampires world-wide.
01-31-2012 04:41 PM
Harland
Private Detective
True Bloods

Frederick rounded on the man.
"Excuse me, but maybe you aren't aware of our situation. If we don't rout out these foulsome fiends soon, we are all going to die. I think I have every right to be at this man's throat. Think about it - he's asking after two people who aren't even here. Why would anyone do that? Either he knows something we don't, or he has been driven mad with years of undeath."

01-31-2012 04:44 PM
The Archivist
Global Mod

Gurter turned bright red.
"What are you accusing me of?"

Books...
Books...
Baawwkss...

TVCII - Faust
01-31-2012 04:50 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  VAU: A Christmas Tale OOC Disciple of Nagash 149 1,967 02-12-2014 03:58 AM
Last Post: Lord_Mortis
  VAU: A Christmas Tale IC Disciple of Nagash 306 4,677 02-08-2014 04:20 PM
Last Post: Disciple of Nagash
  [Deathwatch] Interest in a Space Wolves game? Ordo Cruentus 4 221 02-07-2014 08:00 PM
Last Post: Ordo Cruentus
LindasNecklace The Crimson Void: Ascendant Bounty recruitment/OOC thread The Sanguine Prince 6 279 01-12-2014 06:11 PM
Last Post: The Sanguine Prince
  VAU: A Christmas Tale Disciple of Nagash 39 1,375 12-16-2013 10:31 PM
Last Post: Disciple of Nagash