This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

!!

Welcome Guest!

Welcome to Carpe Noctem, the biggest forum dedicated to Vampire Counts in the world! Please take a moment of your time to register if you haven't already done so and get access to member only content. It will also get rid of this annoying banner! If you have already registered please login.

See you around the forum.

Disciple of Nagash
Carpe Noctem Owner and Administrator

council of vampires
WeakNagash345
Slightly Insane
Trade Count: (0)

Zombies: 298

council of vampires

Concil of vampires- 1100 points

The Concil of vampires is an orgonization set up by the vampires after the von carstein wars failed. The vampires involved are the sacred 13 Shlalzar, Valgarash, Skrorkdelsh, Grashgarcor, Crull, Veshgraw, sethlos, Fritdoor, Crargork, Vridlesh, Liast, Hounder and Grorkcrull. Shlalzar was the first member he then purswaded Valgarash to follow and then the word spread to other vampires who joined. The orgonization, although are a group, are rarely seen working together. Shlalzar was the first to branch out and start his wars that are now known a the times of terror, Return of death incarnate and A new dawn, because of this Shlalzar has flooded the old world with more fear and death than even the von carsteins and in the progress became a vampire emporor for over a decade. Valgarash was the second to start his own wars he is famous for the heavy assaults upon the orks and great siges against the elves although second in command Valgarash is not jelous of Shlalzar as he is loyal in many ways. Liast is the only other known to have laid waste to many lands he launched assaults on the elves, orks, empire and lizardmen he was succsessfull in only one however that being the orks the other vampiresof the council tease him about this but all he does is kill a vampire loyal to the teaser and let them remember that they themselves hadnt fought any wars. The only rule of the concil is that they cannot kill each other as no matter how much they hate each other they cannot afford to lose any as all are formidable swordsmen and deadly in the way they fashion the winds of magic.

The concil of vampires
Special rules
Sentenced to destroy all
Concil of vampires
The same but different

Magic level 4
Knows one spell the spell of the undead.

Spell of undead
The spell of undead was created by the vampires and is extreamally deadly against foes.
This spell is rolled on a 21+ if activated you can pick one enemie unit in line of sight and on a 3+ you can turn that unit into either a unit of zombies, skeletons or grave guard. there is another way to use it. all enemy untis within 16inches suffer 10 streangth 6 attacks each. after useing either way you roll a dice on a 1 the power of the 13 is broken and you cannot use the spell again.

Equipment
Sacred blades
Armour of 13

Sentenced to destroy all
The concil was created to desroy all enemies of Nagash and vampires.
On a roll of 5-6 for each vampire in the council the vampire gains +1 I and +1 S for the first round of each combat.

Council of vampires
The concil is made up of 13 formidible vampires
to include the council of vampires you must have 13 vampires in it 3 may be treated like vampire lords and the rest count as normal vampires they must all have the same equipment as shown.

The same but different
The vampires are all in the same council and so all have the same eqipment and magic level but they have different personalitys
The vampires must have the same equipment as shown but each one has a different personallity and so for each vampire you may choose one vampiric power from the vampiric powers in the vampire counts army book.

Sacred blades
The blades the vampires carry are all the same black, with writhing silvery-black smoke rising from the blade they all also hiss at the sense of blood.
The sacred blades all add +1 streangth and ignors armour saves.

Armour of 13
The armour worn by the vampires are all their originall armour murged together.
The armour of 13 reduces the enemies I to 1 for the first round of combat and gives the vampires a 2+ save.

I hope you like it but CC will be taken in i did get the idea from the concil of rats i think its called that but there are 13 grey seers in it i think.

For those who are not aware Pasta is awesome.
01-12-2011 05:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WeakNagash345
Slightly Insane

RE: council of vampires

BTW a new dawn is the next story im writeing ive already writen Times of terror and return of death incarnate you can view them in the tales from the crypt i hope you enjoy them!Happy

01-12-2011 05:48 PM
MasterSpark
Infinite Nightmare
Global Mod

Forum Award WinnerDonater
Zombies: 4,912

It's not going to be easy to balance such an unorthodox unit completely in terms of points versus effect. First I think you should re-write the rules and make them clearer (perhaps apply a spell-checker too, while you're at it) to clear up just how exactly a unit like this will work against ranged attacks, challenges and stuff like that. Do they all count as a single level 4 wizard together? Do they count as a Lord choice?

Secondly, the council currently looks impossibly overpowered when you think about what they can do. They've got easily the most powerful spell in the entire game, and every grunt in the unit will have 3 S6/7 attacks that ignore armour saves while making the enemy I1. Armies with lots of artillery and ranged power might be able to destroy the council with some luck, but others will be chanceless.

Perhaps you could treat the lesser council members as having the same stats as Blood Knights do, instead of having them all as heroes?

.........[Image: AmakasuBarleyTenji.gif]
Tomorrow will be special.
Yesterday was not.
------------------------
Forum Rules (please read)
01-14-2011 09:03 AM
WeakNagash345
Slightly Insane

ok thanks for that i see what you mean i went to GW and i asked them what they thought they said kinda the same thing tho. but thanks anyway

01-14-2011 05:02 PM
Vreith
Black Knight

Zombies: 220

I like it but maybe council of 12?? just so it isent to skaven'ee

Lord of bones
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2011 08:48 AM by Vreith.)
01-15-2011 08:47 AM
WeakNagash345
Slightly Insane

ok thanks for comments and criticism

01-15-2011 02:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mordheim Vampires: Need a revision? Trevy the Great 8 3,047 07-17-2009 01:06 PM
Last Post: Pietr Von Carstein
  Individual threads for infamous vampires Christophe von Carstein 7 907 02-12-2009 06:57 PM
Last Post: Disciple of Nagash
  Infamous Vampires Drachenfels 42 7,208 11-25-2008 07:13 AM
Last Post: Zachariah