Our Undead pals over at tom-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?
This section details some of the basics about CN's software functions
This is a special function of CN's software, which automatically saves drafts of all entered text into post editors (such as creating a new thread, post or conversation).
These drafts are saved approximately every 30 seconds, and are retained by the system for 24 hours or until posted. The main reason for this is to ensure that if something happens like accidentally clicking back or closing your browser, if you navigate back to where you was trying to post the system will present your saved draft.
New Bloods: 1-49 posts
- 200 characters allowed
- Maximum number of links: 1
- Maximum number of lines: 8
- Maximum number of images: 1
- Smilies: allowed
Undead - 50-999 posts
- 300 characters allowed
- Maximum number of external links: 2
- Maximum number of lines: 10
- Maximum number of images: 3
- Smilies: allowed
- 500 characters allowed
- Maximum number of external links: 5
- Maximum number of lines: 12
- Maximum number of images: 5
- Smilies: allowed
You can easily switch to this theme by clicking on the "Vampire Counts" phrase on the bottom left of this page:
You will then be presented an overlay with the standard and alternative theme for you to choose from.
To change the name you need to select Thread Tools on the top right-hand side of your thread (1), which will then display the edit (2) and delete (3) options:
You can select the option you require and edit / delete as appropriate.
The main key differences about CN's editor are as follows:
- What You See Is What You Get: Generally when typing and inserting images the software will automatically update and display what will be posted as you type. This includes things like linking images etc, making it much more useful to see straight away what your post will look like. There are a couple of functions which do not benefit from this feature (see Special Functions)
- Keyboard Shortcuts: The standard keyboard shortcuts work such as Ctrl+B = bold. This makes it much faster and easier to format on the fly, especially for stories and roleplays.
- Special functions: Most of the buttons on the top bar are self explanatory (a description shows if you hover your mouse over them). Some special functions however are hidden over the icon that looks like a piece of paper (with a description of "insert"). By highlighting a piece of text and then selecting one of the insert options it will code the text so when posted functions such as "Spoiler" will be enabled.
- Upload a file: The file upload system can now handle multiple uploads at once, and again benefits from the WYSIWYG feature should you wish to insert the pictures into your post.
Very simple, just put @ and then start typing the member's name, for example @Lynks
You will notice as you type the software automatically starts showing a list of relevant member names, and you can either continue typing or select the one you want.
When you then save the post the member you have tagged will get an alert stating you have tagged them and a link to the post - a great way to get your friends involved in the discussion!
If you have voted in a poll and wish to retract your vote, all you need to do is click "Unvote" on the top left of the poll summary as show here:
It will take approx 20 seconds due to the necessary database updates, however once complete you can then vote again as you wish.