1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tom-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

2 warscroll questions

Discussion in 'Understanding the Underworlds' started by Alabaster427, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

The first problem I'm having is with the Necromancer on Nightmare being 140 points. There's never been a "Necromancer on Nightmare warscroll" so does that mean it just doesn't exist? OR does it mean that if I take a Necromancer and put it on a Nightmare as allowed in the "Necromancer" warscroll, the points suddenly jump from 120 points to 140? If it does, that seems really weird because nobody else has to pay for their horse.

The second problem is with the wording of Wail of the Damned and The Reliquary on the Mortis Engine. For both of these abilities, it says they activate "in the hero phase." All other Death abilities that happen in the hero phase specifically say "in YOUR hero phase." Does this mean that Wail of the Damned happens in every hero phase (it's not optional)? Does this also mean that I can use The Reliquary during my opponent's turn? If so, when does it trigger during my opponent's turn? I'm pretty sure there's an FAQ about this saying that the turn player activates something, then it alternates, but I can't find it.

Unas the slayer likes this.
  2. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Grave Guard

This one imo is sufficiently clear: in the Necromancer warscroll, it is specified that some necromancers go in battle upon Nightmares: if so, they have move 10" and gain the Attacks of Nightmare's hooves and teeth. All you need to field a necro on nightmare, is the model. The warscroll is the same.
    What is, indeed, weird, is the additional cost. No other models with the option of a "horse", costs more than its unmounted counterpart.

Nice finding!
    Indeed, as it is written, it seems that it activates automatically in each hero phase.
    I'm not able to find any FAQ about it.

EDIT: Mortis Engine is not the only warscroll with such an exception.
    Seraphon's Bastiladon with Ark of Sotek does a very similar thing. It states "at the start of each combat phase".

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017