1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tom-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

2000pts list for 8th ed....

Discussion in 'Legions of the Damned' started by Mikelmakol, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Mikelmakol

Mikelmakol Zombie

Hi! I know that 8th edition is a bit old (most of you are playing 9th edition...haha (or not at all....)), but I would like to know your opinion of this list I came up....I am going to play againts Dark Elves, so I expect lots of fast cavalry, and maybe some executioners. He es a bit tired of witch elves....so maybe (hopefully) he will go with corsairs....

So, my list (I tried to not make it a bit too cheesy, coz I am a bit more experienced than him):

Lords:
    VL: lvl2, quickblood, red fury, heavy armour, additional weapon, nightshroud, talisman of press and ToS

Master necro: lvl 4, MRES 3, black periapts

Core:
    29x ghould and champ (VL goes here)
    5x wolves
    5x wolves
    20x Zombies
    20x Zombies

Special:
    2x Fell bats
    1x Spirit host
    5x Hexewraigths
    3x Vargheist
    3x Vargheist (this one with champ)

Rare:
    Mortis with Tome

That round 1998pts

My objective will be advance with ghouls, as they are my only big unit, and redirect all his army with wolves, bats, spirits and zombies. Vargheist will be used to hunt his fast cavalry and hexwrights will be used to hunt is heavy cavalry if he uses it.
    I want to dominate magic phases in order for my ethereal units to survive...hence balck periapt and mortis engine.

What do you think? My only problem is that I lack another big unit....but maybe my hard hitting small units can get me points?

Thx in advance!