1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tomb-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

2500 - My Farewell list!

Discussion in 'Army Lists' started by Coriolanus, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Coriolanus

Coriolanus Zombie

So the VC were my very first army. I abandoned them rather long ago and have tapped into my Greenskin roots. Every now and then I would make a new VC list and run a couple games before I shelve them for another 4-6 months. Sometimes I won, sometimes I lost.

I always enjoyed playing VC but only in spurts. I found playing them consistently was not nearly as much fun as my Orcs. However, I found extreme amounts of pleasure in a few games here and there.

I do not plan on expanding my VC army with the new book but I do plan on picking it up. Perhaps one day in the future, I will change my focus to the dark art. Until then, it's whole'lotta'waaaagh for me.

You've probably seen a hundred other similar lists. It's not very creative, but I wanted to go out with a bang. I present to you my final list for this book.

(ps. I am in no way a master VC player or list builder, but I know a few tricks)

Vamp Lord (3) - Fencer Blades, Flayed Hauberk, Seed of Rebirth, Helm of Commandment, Forbidden Lore (vamps), MOTBA, Summon Ghouls (yeah, I wanted to kit this guy out for the last hurrah!)

Wight King BSB - Shield, Banner of the Endless Nightmare
    50 Grave Guard - GW, FC, War Banner

30 Skellies - FC

40 Crypt Ghouls

30 Crypt Ghouls

5 Dire Wolves

Varghulf

Necro - Corpse Cart, Vanhels, Dispel Scroll, Lodestone

So, I will continue to lurk your forums and read about your conquests! I wish you all the best with your new book and I hope it doesn't hurt too much! ;)

<3 Coriolanus

ps. My final bout is against Ogres.

pss. Still think The Red Duke should have made the new book.

2. Mesayah

Mesayah Ghoul

Only change I would really make to this list would be to chuck the hoff on the BSB, since it is about to vanish completely (apparently, don't hold me to it if it doesn't!)

I can understand what you mean about On'G being a bit more fun to play, honestly the funniest army i have ever used (didn't own) was skaven, nothing is straight forward and they can be soo quirky!

I have issues playing Orcs though, as they can be tricky to tackle and the magic is crazy! (foot of gork ¬_¬)

Heres hoping you have fun in your final undead Huzzah!