• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Deamon

Skeleton
Oct 1, 2014
Short version : I got my ass handed to me.

My list:
Vlad (Doom & Darkness, Miasma, IoN)
Tomb King with GW and Death Mask
Master Necro lvl 4 vampire (IoN, Hellish Vigor, Curse of the Years, Gaze of Nagash)
Lich Priest (Desert Wind)

40 Skeleton Full command Screaming Banner
40 Zombie Mus and banner
20 Zombie (Necro and LP here)
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves
15 Skeleton archers

25 Grave Guards full command with BoB (Vlad and TK here)
3 Varghiests
3 Varghiests

Casket

I got turn 1

Turn 1
Everything but a squad of VG move forward. Magic see one IoN, Gaze (1w on a Gyro), D&D (Iron Drakes) go through.

In return, 1 cannon, 1 Thunderer unit, the organ gun, and the Irondrakes got to shoot twice (Damnit). This storm of bullets see the end of 4 model in a unit of DW, 1 in the other DW unit, a couple of GG and one squad of VG (Not bad, it took 2 cannon, and the Organgun to take them down). In his magic phase he give 1+ armor to a bunch of his units and +1 to hit to his iron drake.

Turn 2
The lone DW charges the organ gun, the other unit charge a canon. Everything else move forwards.
Magic : one IoN and that's with 9 dice. Everything else is dispelled. The organ gun kill my DW and while I win the other combar he holds (stupid overpowered warmachine!)

In returns he kill more GG, charge and kill the remaining VG and my casket.

From there it went down hill. My GG chased his Iron Drake but he casted a spell that allowed him to remove 3 units from the table and to replace them where he wants next turn. Turn by turn he shotdown my magic and kill Vlad and all the GG. Vlad rezed in the zombie bunker that got charged by the Ironbreakers and eventually died to combat res.

In the end I had my large zombie block left with the Tomb King hidden in there and my skeleton block. He only lost a canon (killed by the DW), an organ gun (Killed by the TK) and a unit of thunderers (killed by the zombies). He last cannon was locked in combat with the skeleton and had 1 wound left but we didn't do the last round of combat, it may have survived.

In conclusion :
My list was not nearly mobile enough to deal with him. He simply moved away from met, made sure to shutdowin IoN and desert wind. When I was about to catch up, he teleported everything away and kept shooting. Glet cast at +7 which made it incredibly hard for me to deal with his magic. Safe for the dispel scroll, I only managed to dispel him once. I don't see how you can deal with this battlescroll with a footslogging list. I would have needed to be faster or to have more shooting.

LordTobiothan

Crypt Horror
May 6, 2014
I'm not familiar with their magic but I've no idea how they transported units around.

We struggle vs sit back and shoot lists anyway, there's a reason tourny lists generally use black knight buses. Although I've found mortis engines can keep a foot slog list going between the bonus to casting and the regen.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
You are spending too many points in characters and the GG unit is much too small. Retool the list a bit and it will perform far better.
That shooting twice ability is pretty nasty though and I'm not sure how he moved units around. Does the new anvil of doom do that? I've never looked at the new dwarf book

Deamon

Skeleton
Oct 1, 2014
The moving around is a special spell/ability that Gelt Incarnate of metal can do.
I really wanted to try Vlad and I was strongly suggested to use GDM with him, hence the TK. This is what forced to to reduce the number of GG. However the real issue is that I was totally unable to catch him... more GG would not have changed this.

It would have been more obvious if I could recall the game turn by turn but he mostly completely shutdown my magic phase. He wasn't allowing Desert Wind, Miasma or IoN to go through which left me with D&D, Hellish Vigor and Curse of the Year. Meanwhile I was unable to stop him from casting (Gelt is a level 5 with a +2 bonus to casting). It was like trying to dispel a level 4 with a level 1...

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
More GG would have kept the unit around longer and even if you couldn't have caught him you would have had a better chance of denying him points if they were still around.
Stick with Vlad and try two necro heroes for IoN spam. Use the extra points for ten more GG and faster units

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu