1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

3000 points Death-Bretonnia vs Chaos

Discussion in 'Memento Mori' started by Demian, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

So last sunday we decided to have an interesting 3v2 match against Chaos.

The Knights of Bretonnia decided to pair with their deranged cousins, the Flesh-Eater Courts against the hordes of Slaves to Darkness and Brayherds.

Bretonnia fielded:
    Knights of the Realm, Pegasus Knights, a Trebuchet, a Damsel, 2 Paladins and a Bretonnian Lord on a Pegasus with 1,500 pts.

The Flesh-Eater Courts (well, I) had:
    A Ghoul King on foot, 6 Crypt Horrors, 40 Ghouls, 2 Varghulfs, 3 Crypt Flayers, 2 units of Zombies and a Necromancer for 1,500pts as well.

Chaos fielded:
    An assortment of Warriors of Chaos, a unit of Chosen, a unit of Chaos Knights, a Sorcerer on Manticore, One or two Exalted Champions of Chaos (one with a banner), a TON of Beastmen (like... 90 models including Heroes) each of 1,000 pts per force, 3 of them.

The battle was a massacre. If it had been a movie, there would be a mountain of corpses where the Ghoul King and a Varghulf stood against the Chosen and a Beastlord in the final bout.

Tactically, I made several mistakes that would not have been too costly had the damn Beastmen not advance like 20'' on a charge on turn 1. I didn't prepare my defenses well and lost all 40 Ghouls to 2 consecutive turns on the Chaos part. I also chose the wrong Command trait, because originally I had planed to field a Ghoul King on a Zombie Dragon (with Red Fury) but decided to include too much garbage and had to field him on foot.

Chaos washed over us, but the Carrion Knights (Crypt Horrors) prevailed and actually started killing Chaos Knights like they were cattle. A single Varghulf ressurrected 3 Horrors and that was it.

We never got to the part where the Chaos Chosen were about to engage the Ghoul King, the Varghulf and the Bretonnian Lord, because it was 3am on a Monday...

It was awesome. We need to do that again. I'll write more details if you want me to ;D

2. Aranei

Aranei Ghoul

Multiplayer is always cool, AoS or not. It always takes forever to finish, too. I reccomend play it like 40k Apoc - play until a specified time, not turn, then end the game as it is and determine the winning side if you feel like it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017