1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

9th age 2500 points Help Needed

Discussion in 'Legions of the Damned' started by Wolf Child, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Wolf Child

Wolf Child Ghoul

Hey guys,I'm trying to get my head around 9th age....This is first draft of a list That I might use in a local league.
    If there is anyone up to speed with the rules could check they points for me? Any suggestions are welcome,can I make my lord more killy for example?,is there any way to get re-rolls to hit like we used to have?

vampire covenant ....2500 points...
    brotherhood of the dragon

lord
    vampire count,plate armour.Crimson rage,leval 2 wizard (necromancy)magic items,hardend shield,ogre sword,talisman of supreme shielding,skeletal steed.

Heroes.
    Level 1 necro,scroll.
    Vampire courtier,plate armour,shield,eternal duelist,flaming lance,mantle of the night ,skeletal steed

core.
    5 direwolves x3
    27 ghouls,ghast and mus
    30 skeletons FC
    29 Skeletons FC

Special.
    phantom host x3
    Vampire Spawn x6
    Varkolok

Rare.
    6 vampire Knights, FC,banner of Zagvozd

2. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

Moving this over to the Legions of the Damned.

:siren: Thread moved. :siren:

3. MasterSpark

For your Count, a popular blender build seems to be Blessed Sword + Potion of Strength instead of Ogre Sword. We can't reliably get re-rolls to hit any longer but Blessed Sword will at least let you re-roll to wound and also weaken ward saves. You could also go with a Crystal Ball which will let you hit most things on 2+, shouldn't need re-rolls with that. Ogre Sword + Crystal Ball only leaves you 25 points for a 5+ ward save though, which is risky.

4. Wolf Child

Wolf Child Ghoul

Thanks for the suggestions MasterSpark,I will look into that.What would you say are the most optimized unit choices at this point level?

5. MasterSpark

I've still yet to play a game of 9th yet so I'm not speaking from experience, but large core units seem to be the deal. The skellies could go together into a nice and big bunch that'll be a real brick to remove.

I think a unit of Barrow Knights would work well in your list. You might be able to fit them in if you drop the phantom hosts and trim some points in other places. If you had a unit of 8 (or so) BK with the two characters, plus Vampire Knights, some Vampire spawn and the Varkolak you'll have a lot of punchy stuff. Just remember to try to let the skellies get at least 2 turns of marching so they can make themselves relevant.

6. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

From what I've seen, one of the most popular units in VC are the Winged Reapers. They are quite tough with T5 and 4 wounds. they can deal some damage. they are mobile. And on top of that they heal quite good. All things considered a very solid unit.

About the blender lord. VC is still one of the armies with the easiest access to rerolls, all thanks to Path of Necromancy. With that in mind, you might want to consider adding an extra level to the necromancer. This would increase your chances of getting a Dance Macabre.

7. Wolf Child

Wolf Child Ghoul

Thanks for the help guys,some good tips there.