1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

9th age 6000 tourney list

Discussion in 'Legions of the Damned' started by jbizzle113, Feb 22, 2017.

1. jbizzle113

jbizzle113 Ghoul

I'm preparing for a tourney and I have not had a game since 8th. This is the list I will start practicing with. The tourney is in March so I don't have long to prepare.

Bloodline Von Karnstein

Midnight Aristocracy 665
    Vampire count
    General
    armour of Destiny
    Blade of Red Thirst
    Wizard master Occultism

Midnight Aristocracy 620
    Vampire count
    Armour of Fortune
    Giant Sword
    Refine Taste
    1 learned spell Evocation

Midnight Aristocracy 510
    Vampier coutier
    2 learned spells Evocation
    wizard apprentice
    Dispel Scroll
    heavy armour
    paired weapon
    refine taste

Barrow King 290
    BSB
    Mantle of Night

Barrow King 230
    Axe of Battle
    Potion of Swiftness

Core

Bat Swarm 120

60 SKeletons 650
    hand weapon and shield
    full command
    War banner

40 Zombies
    Banner and Musician

22 Zombies
    Banner and Musician

Special

Altar of the Undeath 460
    Dark Tome

Altar of Undeath 400

33 Barrow Guard 840
    full command
    Banner of the Barrow Kings
    Halberds

Dark Coach 480
    Extended chassis
    Von Karnstein

Great Bats 80

Swift Death

Vampire Spawn 220

This comes to 5997. Thoughts

2. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

I would probably drop the barrow kings. You can take another vamp as a BSB this way, or upgrade one of your other vamps to a BSB and drop points. Barrow king attacks aren't really all that much better than grave guard attacks so you're not gaining much.

Definitely, switch your general to evocation with the Dark Tome you are really amping up the risk to him with no benefit in the form of decreased casting values. You could keep him as a master for dispelling and if/when the altar dies but I would probably save the points.

If you have more chaff models to spawn then hour of the wolf is probably better than refined taste. Storm caller isn't a bad choice either. If you did want to get hour of the wolf in, definitely up the chaff amounts you have (again model dependant).

I would try to up the model count on the grave guard by a few guys and since you don't have the corpse cart great weapons are probably a better choice than halberds (unless you wanted to add a corpse cart in, not a bad idea if you get stormcaller).

Additionally, Varkolaks are better than dark coaches and they perform relatively the same role. If you have the model I would definitely recommend switching that out.