1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

9th age first v1.2 list 4500pts

Discussion in 'Legions of the Damned' started by Quinten, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

For my first v1.2 list I thought I'd go with the triple blood dragon vampires:

Characters:

Vampire Count, The Dead Arise, Learning 2, Wizard Master, Ogre Sword, Sprout of Rebirth, Divine Icon, Crimson Rage, shield (Warlord, Evocation) - 840pts

Vampire Courtier, Learning 2, Perfect Warrior, Talisman of Supreme Shielding - 440pts

Vampire Courtier, Learning 2, Perfect Warrior, Talisman of Greater Shielding, Unholy Tome - 440pts

Core:

40 Zombies FC - 270pts

40 Zombies FC - 270pts

40 Zombies FC - 270pts

Special:

8 Ghasts
    FC - 650pts

Cadavar Wagon Endless Horde - 240pts

5 Dire Wolves - 80pts

5 Dire Wolves - 80pts

The Suffering:

2 Phantom Hosts - 120pts

2 Phantom Hosts - 120pts

Swift Death:

4 Vampire Spawn
    FC -320pts

Varlok - 360pts

4500pts

Any advice is appreciated. Any thoughts on taking the Varlok/Vampire Spawn out and putting vampire knights in? What about Phantom Hosts vs. Bat swarms. I have lots of phantom hosts and no bat swarms but I feel bat swarms would be more effective in game. Obviously this is a very character based list, do you think the vampires will be able to get the job done or do I need more damage output in the form of ghouls or other combaty units?

2. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

Sadly, this list is illegal =/
    You cannot take the Path of Evocation on BotD vampires, those can only take Occultism. If you strip away most of the wizard upgrades from your vampires you could probably squeeze in a necromancer or two to do some raising for you, otherwise I think this list is in a bad place.

3. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

Who's idea was it to make it so you can't take vampire magic on vampires???????????????????

To be honest Occultism seems pretty good. Kill a couple zombies to get some great bonuses? Sure. I did have to go down to two vampires and re-work my zombies to get a caster bunker but I think I'm good now (on a side note I realized I didn't have minimum troops in that last list, man was I in a cheating mood).

Here's the new list:

Characters (1800pts):

Vampire Count, The Dead Arise, Ogre Sword, Sprout of Rebirth, Divine Icon, Crimson Rage, shield (Warlord) - 720pts

Vampire Courtier, Perfect Warrior, Talisman of Supreme Shielding - 330pts

Necromancer, Wizard Master, 4 Learned spells, Talisman of Greater Shielding, - 430pts

Necromancer - 160pts

Necromancer - 160pts

Core (908pts):

40 Zombies FC - 270pts

39 Zombies FC - 264pts

39 Zombies FC - 264pts

20 Zombies - 110pts

Special (870pts):

8 Ghasts
    - 650pts

The Suffering (240pts):

2 Phantom Hosts - 120pts

2 Phantom Hosts - 120pts

Swift Death (680pts):

4 Vampire Spawn
    FC -320pts

Varlok - 360pts

4500pts

I could take out the vampire spawn, both units of phantom hosts, and the musician on a zombie unit and get a unit of 4 vampire knights with the 4++ save against shooting attacks banner. Thoughts?

4. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

Looks more legal now =P

I assume that the Count is still a wizard with 1 spell from Occultism, since that is free.

Vampire Spawn are quite good for their cost, but Phantom host are not (though I haven't tried them yet in v1.2). I think some Vampire Knights could be more useful. They are even scoring which is always nice.

Do you really think the talisman is worth it on the big necro? Seems he is not really meant to be in combat anyway. I'd shave some points elsewhere and give him the Book of Arcane Power.

5. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

Third times the charm:

Characters (1780pts):

Vampire Count, The Dead Arise, Ogre Sword, Sprout of Rebirth, Divine Icon, Crimson Rage, shield (Warlord) - 720pts

Vampire Courtier, Perfect Warrior, Talisman of Supreme Shielding - 330pts

Necromancer, Wizard Master, 4 Learned spells,Sceptre of Power - 430pts

Necromancer - 160pts

Necromancer - 160pts

Core (908pts):

40 Zombies FC - 270pts

39 Zombies FC - 264pts

39 Zombies FC - 264pts

20 Zombies - 110pts

Special (1130pts):

8 Ghasts FC
    - 650pts

5 Dire Wolves - 80pts

5 Dire Wolves - 80pts

5 Dire Wolves - 80pts

Swift Death (680pts):
    4 Vampire Spawn
    FC -320pts

Varlok - 360pts

4500pts

Mad 'At likes this.
  6. Quinten

Quinten Grave Guard

I decided to switch around a few items to make it easier for my big necro to cast bubble invocation and to get some vampire knights in there because after all this is a blood dragon list:

Characters (1800pts):

Vampire Courtier, Perfect Warrior, Talisman of Greater Shielding - 280pts

Necromancer, Wizard Master, 4 Learned spells, Book of Arcane Power - 500pts

Necromancer - 160pts

Necromancer - 160pts

Core (908pts):

40 Zombies FC - 270pts

39 Zombies FC - 264pts

39 Zombies FC - 264pts

20 Zombies - 110pts

Special (890pts):

6 Ghasts
    FC - 490pts