1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

9TH Rage Uk's first 9th Age tournament

Discussion in 'Contest of Arms' started by Marshall, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Marshall

Marshall Zombie

Me and some friends were desperate to keep playing fantasy massed combat games.KoW didn't appeal to us so we thought we'd give 9th a go. We love it. Best of all i'm not having to move my 200 clanrats individually.

We liked it so much we're putting on the Uk's first 9th age tournament:

Go to the warhammer forum for event details.

All the details are there, if your interested get in touch.

Lets get playing warhammer again!

2. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Read over 9th rules. It really is just 8.5e maybe even 8.1e. There are very few changes to the core rules over 8. The only significant changes are in the army lists and magic items.

I guess that's what people want who hate how different AoS and KoW are. So good for them if they enjoy that. The changes that are made are ones I approve of. I just would rather it went further.

3. Eternal flitter

Eternal flitter Ghoul

Interesting you should say that, most people complain it's gone too far!

I like what they've done so far, shame about the naming, but that's probably a good idea. I would love to travel up there but it's a bit of a trek up from Bath. If some of Bristol vanguard go I might see if II can get a lift with some of them. (9th seems to have kicked off in Bristol too btw.

4. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

I can't express how shocking that is to me. I guess never underestimate how much people fear change. I would suggest those people should just keep playing 8e.

5. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

Cool to hear that other countries are picking it up too :)

I'm moving this thread to Contest of Arms btw.