1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

A cry for help

Discussion in 'Tales from the Crypt' started by Unas the slayer, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Wight King

I'm completing a new short story, which I'm going to use as my entry in a writing competition that's happening on Lustria Online, with "the power of music" as theme (by rules, Lizardmen / Seraphon must be involved, or at least mentioned).

Anyway, my story is almost finished, and it involves a Necromancer as one of the main characters.... but before submitting it, I was wondering if someone can help me.
    English is not my first anguage, so I would like a proofread review for grammar and terms and, most of all, a constructive review of the piece, to see if there's some unclear passage, or if i can add / subtract something.

Anyone volunteering? :bowdown:

2. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

If nobody volunteers, I can recommend trying out Grammarly (#notsponsored) - it's pretty smart and can help you with the grammar at least. It's not true proofreading, but at least it's something. I won't volunteer because this program has better grasp on the language rules than I do ;)

3. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

How long is it?

4. Unas the slayer

1100 words. Basically very similar in lenght to "Unbroken", the story I have already posted here.

5. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

I can take a shot at it.

6. Unas the slayer

Thanks, much appreciated. I'll send a PM. :thumbsup: