1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

a Superhero themed roleplay anyone interested

Discussion in 'Theatre de Vampyre' started by Ghouly, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Bravo_10

Bravo_10 Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow True Blood

Ghouly come baaaaaack. :zombie2: You're supposed to open the door to a new chapter in all of our lives! A chapter where we get to role-play as superheroes!

2. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

sorry I got distracted with another project I'm working on, I'll get right back onto it

3. spineyrequiem

spineyrequiem Necromancer

Come on Ghouly! Don't force me to start my own superhero roleplay! With blackjack! And hookers!

Bravo_10 likes this.
  4. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

In fact! Forget the roleplay!

5. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

I'm still here and ready.

6. spineyrequiem

But in all seriousness, I do have a world we could use. You'd be a team sponsored by various corporations, in the style of sports teams everywhere, aiming to eliminate crime in your half of the city before the team in the other half eliminates it in theirs. Of course, in the meantime your antics would be shown on prime-time TV, and you'd have plenty of opportunities to scream obscenities at reporters, pose with terrified children and try to cover up your accidental murders.

I'd need to work out a character sheet, but otherwise I'd pretty much be ready to go. Especially if I shamelessly nicked the one from TVC.

7. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

I'm still mapping out the city is all

8. spineyrequiem

Ok, fair enough. I haven't really done that (I was just going to use a random city generator and colour in some gang territories) so I'll leave off for the moment. I can always run it some other time.

9. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

I got two separate story arcs one is a busting up a Drug Ring and second is the mass homicide of every gang leader in the city the city officials and the Cops are corrupt as hell, corporations are allowed to do whatever they want as long as they pay their bribes

10. Count Vashra

I prefer the second scenario. Corrupt cops are always good.

11. spineyrequiem

It's been over a week. Do we need to poke again? Also, I too prefer the second scenario. Means I have an excuse to fight cops when they try to stop me for things that shouldn't even be illegal. Like speeding. Or 'reckless endangerment'. Or breaking into a bank vault, diving into the money and making cash angels.

12. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

guys I decided to change the character sheet to include mutant animals like Ninja Turtles and Street Sharks, Also Robots like I Robot and Cyborgs like robocop each will have their own story arc I need to weave into the setting also to stall while I finish the map

Areas I got are
    Industrial district
    Chemical district
    Shopping district
    Residential district
    Upper part of town where rich people live
    Harbour
    really big sewer and subway tunnels beneath the city
    also big island in the bay with a super human jail on it
    any other important city parts I'm forgetting?

13. Count Vashra

That all sounds good. Can't think of anything else.

14. spineyrequiem

Is there a cathedral? Here in Britain at least, you'd need one to qualify as a city. Also, they're fun as hell to fight in.

15. spineyrequiem

Ghouly hasn't responded to my message about whether or not this is still going ahead, and with no news for a couple of weeks it's probably safe to assume he's suddenly found himself too busy. Normally, this would mean that the RP was stillborn, and most people would at this point just go ahead with their lives, a little sad that this chapter was not to be.

I am not most people. Here's a link to the signup thread for my superhero RP.

http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/triarii-incorporated-a-superhero-roleplay-signup-ooc.29040/

16. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

My Laptop died I had to start from scratch on my Xbox One yesterday

17. spineyrequiem

Ah... well, that was ill-timed on my part.

18. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

You got yours out first, so I could just delete mine, I should not have taken so long

19. spineyrequiem

Yeah, but you laid claim to the superhero IP first. How about we let the players decide? Whichever one gets the most votes continues?

20. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

I'm going to back off and let you run yours