1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Action: The Hakseer (NSFW)

Discussion in 'Theatre de Vampyre' started by Malochai, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dread King

    The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2012
    Messages:
    1,894
    Sar'geth narrowed his eyes at Selthir. The gaze was barely noticeable and was quickly retracted and replaced with a smile that subtly conveyed both Sar'geth's bitterness at this man's confirmation that he had carefully hidden knowledge - or way of giving off the impression that he had that knowledge - and his approval for his sense of humour and keen intelligence. He fixed the knight with a quizzical gaze and uttered: "So where do your talents lie? In swordplay, presumably, or are you more accustomed to other fighting styles?"

    He then turned to Tullaris and smiled curtly before remarking in friendly jest, "My, you're spot on. My antics really do draw attention by putting this cultured crew to shame, especially our ever so civilised lord." And then he said more quietly and mysteriously, "Who said I made actions to speak for themselves and not for others?" His eyes lit up at the memory of what he had really gained out of Arkeith's mutilation and he ruminated on a different pair of ocular organs that was concealed in his pocket.
     
  2. Get of W'soran

    Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    Messages:
    9,239
    Selthir's grin grew as Sar'geth spoke to him, the knight put on an exaggerated look of thoughtfulness as stroked his chin for a few moments before speaking.

    "Well...swordsmanship as you say...obviously I'm training with a lance and on horseback, not to mention handling a Cold One, archery, the spear, the mace...all the usual things a true Highborne warrior should know."

    Dropping the rather sarcastic expression of thoughtfulness the young noble grinned again.

    "I am also proficient in dancing, singing, reciting poetry, consuming alcohol, dicing, sleeping..." he added whimsically "Truly I am a elf of many talents."

    He tilted his head as he listened to the elves speak to each and nodded as his smile appeared subdued compared to his earlier grinning.
    "Yes I'm sure the ship shall be talking of your great skill in butchering the dead within mere minutes." Selthir noted drily.

    The young noble crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at Sar'geth.
    "What is it you actually claim to do for our Lord anyway? I've never seen a less ah...combative looking retainer before."
     
  3. The Dread King

    The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2012
    Messages:
    1,894
    Sar'geth felt a jolt of shock as Selthir questioned his nature. He cursed himself for not predicting this questioning in front of colleagues - evidently, if he was a spy, he intended to leave the killing of Sar'geth to a crew member other than himself - but did not panic too much; Tullaris didn't seem the type to hate the users of the arcane, though he bore loyalty to Malekith. Leaving his internal surprise concealed, the wizard responded quickly to Selthir in an apologetic tone: "Ah, my talents are less...valued...than yours, I'm afraid. I am not very proficient overall in combat, true, but my abilities with the lakelui are respectable. I am a scholar of sorts - being highborn, I too had access to a decent education - so I bear an understanding of our destinations that our lord might not have had the patience to learn about."

    A small smile formed on the druchii's lips at the thought of Viseryn being commanded to understand the specifics of a typical Norse war host, or to learn the history of Brettonia and its relevance to the present. He continued, "My reason for my non-combative appearance, as you put it, is that I am wearing the family robes over my armour. It's been traditional for the leader of house Analzin to do so, and they have been passed down from generation to generation after being crafted by some of the finest tinkers in Naggarond."


    Suddenly realising that he was coming close to saying too much - though, thankfully, he hadn't revealed anything of significance yet - Sar'geth changed the subject, "But enough about my past. I am an alchemist of reasonable skill, though I fear my ability to concoct potions has been somewhat overlooked by our young lord in his interest for the other potion-maker on board. Not that she is any more talented than me in that respectable field, of course," he added contemptuously. It galled him slightly to see his abilities ignored - though in all fairness towards Viseryn there had been little opportunity to display them anyway - in favour of the young dread lord's sexual needs.

    Sar'geth was pleased, though, that Targarys' relationship with Rythia did not seem to go beyond animalistic desires; the idea that she might be latching her manipulative claws into the dread lord struck terror into the vauvalka's heart. A mad dog is one thing, but if that dog was on a leash, it would have direction, and on the leash of a power-mad schemer, he could be far more dangerous to me.
     
  4. Get of W'soran

    Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    Messages:
    9,239
    "Hmm so Lord Viseryn is the sort to have use of a scholar on board...most strange..." Selthir noted softly but didn't finish the sentence, merely leaving it hanging for a noticeable pause before moving on.

    He shrugged "Ah the lakelui, I don't think I've seen one of them in use since my younger sister's training when we were growing up." he added absently with a thoughtful frown.

    Selthir was jolted out of his memories by the mention of another of his fellow retainers.

    The knight chuckled seemingly amused again although this time when he spoke his tones where heavy with disdain.
    "I believe I know of whom you speak, I saw her a few times as I was heading to those training sessions the young master requests...although I haven't spoken with her yet but the mere presence of a female bearing arms outside of wartime..." Selthir shook his head

    "Most amusing indeed. Although from what the crew tells me it appears that up to now her main purpose hasn't been fighting." he added with a sneer

    "It seems part of the pleasure house followed me on board." he thought to himself with a little distaste.

    Selthir looked at the other retainers and chuckled again.
    "Well we have an interesting group on board don't we? Certainly a more varied group of retainers that I'm used to!"
     
  5. Duke Danse Macabre

    Duke Danse Macabre The Duke Staff Member True Blood

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    3,717
    *Tullaris Smiling at Selthir's jest*

    "Then perhaps we may make it a duet, our lord will need someone to sing his praises for the little folk when we get back so they at least think he isn't half a deck sort of card"

    *Turning back to Sar'geth*

    "You see the problem is when I have to maker a bigger mess to distract people for the smaller ones, a large sword does not stop people asking questions forever even if the person holding it does know how to use it..."

    *Standing back a way observing the holes in the story unfolding in front of him he bit his tongue, loose lips sink ships and truth be told, he rather not be on the ship when it did.

    Addressing Selthir in attempt to keep things light hearted and none to serious.*

    "I find on the most part I must agree with you, women should not have to bear arms outside of the serious business of war, mind you never let a Witch Elf hear me say that.
    Their teeth are sharper than the blades they wield and they tend to find the more fleshy bits as well."


    *Giving a knowing look to them both before returning his gaze back to the mage*

    "Just noticed as well your robes seem to stained somewhat..."

    *Looking at the patches in the dark material where the blood had began to dry and make the cloth stiff changing the colour in patches*

    "Best change those before our lord joins us, no need him to know your cutting out folks eyes yet, it will give him ideas"

    *Finishing almost as if in jest*
     
  6. Malochai

    Malochai Moderator Staff Member True Blood

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    3,116
    The Bloodwrack was wrapped in darkness; night had fallen an hour before and, fortuitously, with it had come clouds promising rain later and which blocked out the combined light of Mannslieb and Morrslieb. Viseryn had been stood in the prow since the veil had been drawn, his retainers stood behind him.

    "Lanterns out!" The call came from above, and immediately the corsairs reacted, dousing the lanterns. Finally, Viseryn turned to look at the elves arrayed before him, his face commanding and completely unlike the elf his retainers had come to know.

    "The time has come. Master Kourla informs me that there's a coastal village not far from where we are; indeed, if the lanterns are doused, we are imminently close.
    "We shall cross in four boats; Sinthair shall be with me and Kourla, Tenril and Rythia shall be in one, Selthir and Sar'geth in another, then Tullaris and Karochi in the last. Now, this settlement has grown overconfident - we have left them be for far too long, and they don't even have walls! We shall go in quietly, disable the guards, and then we will reap what we will in terms of slaves!
    "To the boats!"

    — — —​

    It was with barely a sound that the four longboats slid onto the shore, beaching themselves as the corsairs slid narrow, sharp oars into the icy water. A frigid wind blew in, and then the corsairs were sliding into the water, feet splashing no louder than the sound of the waves.

    — — —​

    OK, so, here we are! The first raid! Perhaps you'll start with what you think of this apparently new Viseryn? What do you think of his plan? Each of you get one 'free' kill - the Norscans don't know we're there, so they can't possibly defend themselves! After that, it'll get a bit more interesting ;)
     
  7. Malochai

    Malochai Moderator Staff Member True Blood

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    3,116
    The Bloodwrack was wrapped in darkness; night had fallen an hour before and, fortuitously, with it had come clouds promising rain later and which blocked out the combined light of Mannslieb and Morrslieb. Viseryn had been stood in the prow since the veil had been drawn, his retainers stood behind him.

    "Lanterns out!" The call came from above, and immediately the corsairs reacted, dousing the lanterns. Finally, Viseryn turned to look at the elves arrayed before him, his face commanding and completely unlike the elf his retainers had come to know.

    "The time has come. Master Kourla informs me that there's a coastal village not far from where we are; indeed, if the lanterns are doused, we are imminently close.
    "We shall cross in four boats; Sinthair shall be with me and Kourla, Tenril and Rythia shall be in one, Selthir and Sar'geth in another, then Tullaris and Karochi in the last. Now, this settlement has grown overconfident - we have left them be for far too long, and they don't even have walls! We shall go in quietly, disable the guards, and then we will reap what we will in terms of slaves!
    "To the boats!"

    — — —​

    It was with barely a sound that the four longboats slid onto the shore, beaching themselves as the corsairs slid narrow, sharp oars into the icy water. A frigid wind blew in, and then the corsairs were sliding into the water, feet splashing no louder than the sound of the waves.

    — — —​

    OK, so, here we are! The first raid! Perhaps you'll start with what you think of this apparently new Viseryn? What do you think of his plan? Each of you get one 'free' kill - the Norscans don't know we're there, so they can't possibly defend themselves! After that, it'll get a bit more interesting ;)
     
  8. Zephyr

    Zephyr Master Necromancer True Blood

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2008
    Messages:
    2,524
    Tenril quickly made it towards the longboat. Graceful as a cat he positioned himself near the prow, after all he had done this so many times before and he wanted to get out first. He gave a nod of respect to Kourla, being very grateful it was with him he shared a longboat.
    He looked at Rythia, trying to get a feel for her current state. Was she nervous? Ecstatic? He wondered is he had ever done anything like this before.

    Tenril drew his weapons and squinted his eyes trying to see where they were going. After a short while a foamy coast was becoming visible. He checked where the weak points of the village lay, usually there would be guardposts at the far corners. There weren't any walls but there could be crude towers. Those had to be disposed of first as all too often they had some means of alerting everybody, whether a bell or horn it had to be stopped before it could be sounded.


    Checking if there is a guard tower or an alarm anywhere?
     
  9. Get of W'soran

    Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    Messages:
    9,239
    Selthir slapped Sar'geth on the back with an amused grin.

    "Well aren't you the lucky one? Let's get going alchemist." he chuckled before turning away and moving towards one of the longboats.

    Despite his armour the knight moved with easy grace as he climbed into one of the small boats, he grinned at the corsairs who would be accompanying him, suddenly very glad for the effort he'd put into acting friendly with the peasants.

    He paused for only a slight moment to unsheathe his sword and lay it across his lap as he sat down.

    The highborne stared with a slightly mocking smile at the Sar'geth, he wondered how the scholar felt? Had the other elf ever fought in a battle? If not then he might find the coming raid to be a confusing event.

    Selthir turned his gaze to the shoreline that was coming into view and felt his grin widen as his pulse began to race with the anticipation of bloodshed.
     
  10. The Dread King

    The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2012
    Messages:
    1,894
    "Ah," Sar'geth had exclaimed in response to Tullaris' comment about his robes. "I'll amend that now." Stepping briskly towards and then into his chambers, the wizard had sighed. Several matters needed to be attended to, and the day was drawing to a close.

    First thing's first , thought the vauvaulka, organising his mind rapidly. He removed one of the brass eyes of Khaine - by the Witch King, he was looking forward to using those - from its vial in his robes and put it in a jar in a drawer in his cabin. He duly locked the drawer, having unlocked it only to store a golden, organic orb in it in the first place. He kept the other eye in the original vial on his person, for safekeeping. One could never know whether a storage location was wholly safe or not. His cabin was constantly under threat from potential inspections by Viseryn, fires on the ship and storms afflicting it. Thus, Sar'geth made sure to keep copies of his research and reagents upon his person at all times (hence the heavy tome also stored inside his robes).

    Sar'geth then turned his attention to the matter of his new helmet. There was no hole in the back of it for his third eye - somewhat unsatisfactory - so he had decided to make one by force when the opportunity arose. That time was now, so he laid the piece of armour out on the table and retrieved a tube of acidic potion from his robes, before applying a drop of it to the helmet and pocketig it again. A small hole formed through the back of the metal where his third eye would be. Grinning in satisfaction at his own handiwork; Sar'geth placed the modified helm (which had been stored in his chambers since he bought it) on his head, before drawing his robes over it. He repeated the process of hole-boring on his dragonscale cloak, this time simply using the blade of the lakelui to create the hole required. After drawing that up around him to obscure the bloodstains on his robes, Sar'geth walked out (properly armoured) onto deck only to find a cold Viseryn commencing a raid.

    Sar'geth snorted with humour at Selthir's comment. "A knight without a mount and a noble without a realm. What a fine pair we make," he japed. With a touch more seriousness, he muttered in an undertone, "At least our young lord has finally gained - er - composure...I fear the battle would go ill if he lost it." Sar'geth smirjed maniacally, indicating that Viseryn's new-found sanity could well utterly snap in the rush of battle. Then they might all be doomed.

    Despondent dread clouded the vauvaulka's eyes as he stepped into the longboat, but it was not the cowardice of the new recruit. It was the fear of a veteran strategist who'd fought and lost. Badly. That was quickly whisked from sight, however, as a psychotic glare replaced it. "I'll give you a challenge, sir ," Sar-geth said with slight comradely mockery, "There's bound to be a chief sorcerer of some kind amongst the Norscans assembled here. Whoever finds and kills this person amongst the both of us gets one piece of the other's plunder from this raid. The victor chooses this piece, of course." Sar'geth had, of course, hatched a scheme here. Should Selthir win the contest, he'd probably go for the most valuable gem Sar'geth possessed; not anything arcane, in all likelihood. Should Sar'geth win, he'd graciously relieve the knight of any one of the sorcerer's possessions beyond his comprehension. Sar'geth didn't stand to lose too much here, although he was in need of valuable jewels to earn him the gold he might well need in later times, and the prospect of acquiring magical items that could aid him in his research and rituals was extremely tempting, so there was still plenty to work for. Sar'geth thought, You can fight with a blade, aye...but let's see how good you are at strategic elimination, knight...
     
  11. Count Vashra

    Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2013
    Messages:
    1,536
    Karochi was pleased that they had finally reached Norsca. He would finally get some killing in, of real targets, not jumped-up Corsairs.
    It was lucky that Viseryn had become (relatively) calm, as no workable strategy could be made by a hot-headed commander, but feared it was a simple lull in the storm. he would have to wait and see.

    Hearing that he would go in the same boat as Tullaris, he laughed quietly. It was ironic that the assassin he had fought alongside in their last mock battle would be in the same boat as him. Realising that he was on the last boat, a possibly cynical thought popped into his head-the placements were based on Viseryn's opinions of his retainers. That would explain him being last, with the assassin to keep an eye on him. Hem couldn't blame Viseryn, after failing to stop Rythia from purchasing a sick slave, and foolishly reporting it, making out that the slave was dying. Which evidently it had not been.

    But that was in the past. Now, he was about to make his first raid in Norsca. He silently rowed to shore, slowing as he neared the beach to avoid crashing into it. he jumped out and drew his weapons. "Time for killing," he whispered.
    Karochi snuck up to a gate covered by two careless guards, using the darkness to cover him.
    "I'll take the left," he whispered to Tullaris. "You take the right."This said, he jumped at the left guard. The guard was leaning on the gate, looking inwards. he noticed a shadow and turned, in time for Karochi to notice his surprised expression before stabbing his throat. The body hit the ground after it was dead. He waited until Tullaris had finished, and then slashed open the look on the gate, wondering what he would find.
     
  12. Get of W'soran

    Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    Messages:
    9,239
    Selthir sat silently in the boat looking at Sar'geth, the grin one his face remained eerily still. The highborn kept staring for a prolonged period of time out of faint amusement as he wondered if he was making the alchemist uncomfortable.

    The knight's smile faded away slowly as he listened to the other elf propose his "Challenge".

    "Attack a sorcerer? My sister belongs to the Dark Convent and if I have learnt one thing is that messing with magical freaks is rarely wise."

    The swordsman tilted his head "The only people who tend to mess with magi are other magi, ordinary people stay clear."

    Selthir kept silent for a few moment's before chuckling slightly "Still...luckily for us I'm far from ordinary and it would not be the first time I've been sent to kill a spell-slinger." he added thinking of the time his sister employed him for "protection".

    Selthir put his helmet on as the small row boat bumped the shore, smiling as he did so.

    The knight leapt lightly off the boat, sword in hand.

    Despite his armour the warrior moved silently, crouched in the darkness. Before the raid Selthir had darkened the usually polished armour which coupled with the lack of light meant he was as difficult to see as any of the men.

    One Norscan stood walking back and forth, whether a proper guard or not Selthir had no idea but he was huge, heavily muscled and carried a monstrous battle axe.

    The retainer held a hand up to the following corsairs to wait.

    With elven agility and grace the armoured knight moved silently behind the barbarian and cracked the giant barbarian over the back of his head with the flat of his bastard sword knocking the man out, senseless.

    The swordsman caught the falling man and carefully lowered him to the ground.

    Smiling slightly Selthir gestured at the corsairs again, this time to restrain the man, a fighter like him would go for a decent price on the markets.

    The knight decided to wait a few moments for Sar'geth, if the alchemist wanted protection then Selthir would be happy for him to tag along. If he advanced towards the target village himself then the warrior would simply go ahead alone.
     
  13. Malochai

    Malochai Moderator Staff Member True Blood

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    3,116
    Ulfar sat on his carven wooden seat, akin to a throne, at the end of the long hall where his tribe’s leaders celebrated that night; indeed, bar Ulfar’s wives and daughters, the only women there were the serving thralls, heads bowed and necks chained, and the men groped and grabbed as they would. The Bjornlings of his tribe were readying themselves to leave on the tides of the next morning; the spring had arrived, and with it the bloodlust of the reavers had thawed.
    His captains had tried to tell him to have his longships patrolling during the night, but they had been silenced; he wanted his ships ready to sail in the morning, and their crews rested, or as rested as they could be. There would be drinking this night, a lot of drinking, and many sore heads in the morning, he was sure.
    None of the men in the smoke-filled hall was shy of seven feet tall, and each was bound in immense muscle. Shaggy hair and beards framed powerful jaws and faces, and few of them were unscarred. “To war!” the powerful warrior called, raising a horn of strong spiced head and then pouring it down his throat. His voice could be heard on the beach, and the few guards there yelled in response.

    ———​

    The beach itself was lightly defended; apart from the three guards who had been killed by Tullaris, Karochi and Selthir, there were only two more, guarding the very far ends of the beach, visible by their torches, and they seemed to be stationary, although surely no-one could say how long they would remain there. A watchtower stood proud and reasonably squat at the other side of the village, lit by a half-dozen torches as the guards there looked out over to the north and east, and the possibility of other Norscan raiders coming through the passes.

    The elven raiders slunk up the beach, and the layout of the village became clear; easily three score wooden buildings surrounded the large long hall, which seemed to be an immense longship turned upside down and built around. A few torches could be seen bobbing around as guard moved through the haphazard streets, but there could easily be a host hidden around an unexpected corner and Viserys’ raiders would never know.

    ———​

    Viserys’ eyes glittered with the light of the distant fires, a purple so dark as to be almost black, and he raised a gloved fist before making a series of gestures, which all the raiders knew - Forward. Carefully. Check corners. BE SILENT. He repeated the last gesture twice, and then rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck, the sound seeming to resound in the vast emptiness of the beach.

    Each boat had only a single guard left with it, and the rest of the druchii force crept forwards into the streets of Ulfar the Bjornling’s village, darkened weapons in hand, ready and deadly.
     
  14. The Dread King

    The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2012
    Messages:
    1,894
    Sar'geth chuckled nervously yet quietly in response to Selthir, "Well then, challenge accepted. I...er...pity any magus you were sent after. They would not be prepared at all for what was coming for them." A quick scare...might...do the trick if this man is onto me. If he is not, well, I've just given him a harmless compliment. Unless, of course, he was trying to determine my nature in the first place... The wizard gulped in fear. I can't outplay Malekith, even when it is only his envoy sent after me and I am abroad... Composing himself, the wizard continued his train of thought, I mustn't think like that. There is still a chance of victory here, and Malekith may not be after my head. The knight could be some kind of sick motivation for me to hurry up with my research... Sar'geth's mouth twisted bitterly, inconceivably, at this thought, before returning to normal as he followed Selthir onto the shore.

    The wizard became yet more quiet at Viseryn's command, but in the deathly silence he heard the shuffling of feet. Heavy breathing could also be detected, and heat and light seemed to be radiating from a nearby torch. The source of these sensations was to his left, around a corner - the corner that Sar'geth was nearest to. As the footsteps continued and a faint glow cast on a nearby wall intensified - the cause of this oblivious to the druchii hidden around the corner - it became apparent that the walker was probably a little tipsy at least from their uneven treads, hence their failure to detect a presence nearby.

    Sar'geth raised his right hand silently to the other druchii, gesturing to them that he would neutralise the threat, whilst his left hand tightened on a vial inside his robe. He waited for the walker to draw closer for some time, before springing in front of his path at the last probable moment in which he could remain concealed. The magus then proceeded to throw a tube of acidic potion into his victim's face. It shattered quickly and rapidly ate through the Norscan's face and chest before he had time to react. A barely audible gurgle could be heard as the man's pain-wracked death wail was dampened in volume by the potent acid burning his throat and lungs. The man - of average Norscan build and stature - started to fall, but Sar'geth thrust his lakelui out and halted his body's descent with it, before lowering it gently to the ground and pulling out his blade from under it. Although the killing had not been completely silent, the vauvaulka was rather proud of it because, upon inspection, one would find that the deceased man wore a horn that proved him to be a patrolling lookout of the village. The humunguous (albeit half-empty) hip flask that smelled strongly of spirits at the corpse's waist explained the watchman's slight drunkenness.

    Apprehensively, Sar'geth waited to see how his fellow druchii would react to the kill, and fervently hoped that no other beings had detected it.
     
  15. Count Vashra

    Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2013
    Messages:
    1,536
    Karochi slipped into the town, blades ready, and pushed himself against a house wall, the better to stay out of sight. He went slowly, not wishing to be detected. He saw Sar'Geth kill a guard. Good on him, he thought.
    Karochi approached the corpse, a plan forming in his mind. It was, like all his plans, complex and would require a lot of luck to carry out, but the reward would be great-entrance to the long house without challenge. he flinched as he felt a sword on his shoulder. he turned his head, seeing Seithir. Oh, him. He turned back to Sar'Geth and leaned close.
    "Sar'Geth,I have a plan, but it needs some of your acid to work."
    (OOC: below is what will happen if there are no interruptions at this stage-see OOC post)
    He put his swords away, and dragged the corpse and torch to a house. It was locked, but his sword easily cut it before sheathing again, and quietly, and he dragged his capture inside. Any occupants would be sound asleep at this time of night. Even so, he put the Norscan's cloaks on quietl, including the flask. he tried it. Strong, but tolerable. Thus equipped, he went outside and shut the door before blowing on the torch. When it lit, he drew his left sword, holding the torch in his right hand. He began patrolling in what he hoped was the patrol pattern, or close enough, and looking a little drunk. When the next watch came, he would go into the long house, and see how he could ruin a drinking party, which he knew the Norse were fond of.
     
  16. Get of W'soran

    Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    Messages:
    9,239
    Selthir flinched visibly at the sound that Sar'geth made killing his man but he had to admit it hadn't actually been that loud.

    Stop overreacting. he told himself feeling annoyed.

    Selthir began to move crouched towards the alchemist with his group of corsairs, minus one that was dealing with their captured human, only to stop as another figure approached.

    Ah it's Karochi.

    Selthir snuck up behind the other warrior as he mover over to Sar'geth and then tapped him on the shoulder with his sword, wearing a wicked grin even though he wasn't sure if he'd actually snuck up on the other elf.

    Iceblood waited quietly as Karochi spoke to Sar'geth and gestured for his corsairs to join them.

    Again the elf flinched as Karochi cut his way into a house and sighed feeling glad that the Norse didn't have elvish senses.
     
  17. Malochai

    Malochai Moderator Staff Member True Blood

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    3,116
    Sar'geth's kill was unobserved, unheard; a number of the druchii following him looked distasteful at such a method of killing, but they didn't voice any objections - they were all experienced raiders, and knew this wasn't the time to start an internecine argument. A dulled blade whispered from a sheath, and a whispered voice, cold and sibilant, urged the raiders on, "Now, onwards," but Karochi's actions stopped them dead, and they pressed themselves back into the shadows of the crude houses.

    Inside, the hovel was empty of people, but cluttered with a number of Norscan accoutrements; bone bowls and horn flagons, hide clothes and other, bizarre things. The cloak was overlarge and looser on the elf than it had been on the human, and he clearly lacked the musculature that the dead man had boasted, but in the dark and from a distance he could possibly pass for one of them. The voice came again, one of the raiders, "Now! Go, go!"
     
  18. Duke Danse Macabre

    Duke Danse Macabre The Duke Staff Member True Blood

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    3,717
    "Eyes fixed on the nearest group of barbarians, the nearest obviously a guard he strode confidently into the light at his lords urging.
    The Guard spotting him has raised a crude axe up high with the intent of laying him low and that overconfidence along with the lack of any skill or speed was his undoing as Tullaris armoved his arm with almost distainful ease as he raised his blade into the unright position.

    The Barbarian howling in pain he elected to grab him by the throat, the sharp talons of his gauntlet sinking into his flesh as if a knife through butter.
    Giving his arm a sharp tug he tore his windpipe from his throat covering his armour in a shower of gore, the oversized ape dropping to the ground gurgling as his life blood flowed out into the sands, himself bathed in both blood and firelight standing before the stunned faces of his foes.
    Smiling the a grim smile of satisfaction as he had a thousand times before, blade hefted against his shoulder redeady to strike he once again started forwards, a god of blood and slaughter here to sowe the seeds of fear and that is exactly what he wanted.
    A terrified foe afterall surendered all the easier and a cowed for would think twice before acting against those who would be their future masters."
     
  19. Count Vashra

    Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2013
    Messages:
    1,536
    Karochi thought about when to pour out the beer and pour in Sar-Geth's acid. Not now, as he might have to drink it, in which case...No, once he'd emptied it he would replace the drink. And then, offer it to the chieftain. he didn't know much Norscan, but he had watched Norscans fight in slave pits and knew a very basic amount-greetings, and of course simple conversation about beer. Offer? Of course, he would not physically exchange, as his smaller, leaner elven hand would be seen. No, he would force it down the chieftain's throat, then draw his swords and attack the stunned drinking companions, who would hopefully be drunk enough to not be much of a threat. Wishful thinking, of course, but it was worth it. He continued walking, and waited for the change of watch.
     
  20. Get of W'soran

    Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    Messages:
    9,239
    Selthir watched Karochi and shook his head.

    "He means to dress as one." the knight muttered in surprise.

    His head whipped around to stare at the executioner further down the shore who didn't even seem to be attempting stealth.

    "Well there goes the element of surprise." he hissed at Sar'geth sounding annoyed.

    Iceblood turned to the corsairs that followed the knight and alchemist, fixing his eyes on Azrilth who was the senior raider of the group. Selthir was glad the old seadog had come along, he was looked up to by the younger sailors and had spent enough time with the highborne swordsman for the two to be somewhat trusting of each other.

    "We'll still keep quiet, maybe the commotion that Tullaris makes will allow us to stay unnoticed long enough to strike silently." he muttered to the others, a faint smile beginning to tug at his features.

    Reaching over to the scholar Selthir give Sar'geth a small shove.

    "Let's go!" he whispered moving forward, keeping to the shadows of the Norscan hovels trusting that his fellow retainer and the corsairs would follow.
     
  21. Duke Danse Macabre

    Duke Danse Macabre The Duke Staff Member True Blood

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    3,717
    "Advancing on the foes by the fire he lashed out with a smoothness born out of decades of practice at his bloody trade, the blade descending in an effortless arc, not close enough to disembowel but certainly close enough to slice through their throats with the tip of his blade.
    After all he had already made a point of his strength and bloody handedness, now a display of his skill was in order.

    He could just make out the the others of his group off in the distance making their way from hovel to hovel, his vision limited by the flare of the flames.
    Let them skulk all they wanted, this was a true warriors task and the first time he had been able to commit himself against a foe not of their own race since this voyage had begun.
    Either way at the very least he would prove a distraction so that the others may move into place freely and surround their soon to be victims, that is of course if they had any sense to take advantage of the situation he thought with some slight trepidation.
    After all this is just an outlying guard post and not the main camp but at the very least this should then be resolved in short order"
     
  22. Malochai

    Malochai Moderator Staff Member True Blood

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    3,116
    :siren:Thread Closed:siren:
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page