• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Karochi was pleased that Norsca had been chosen. "Of course, your quarters would be fine," he said to Sar'Geth. When told to start a mock battle with the other crew, he selected a Corsair (OOC: I do not have time during the week to post a fight move every 5 minutes). He walked up to him, and while using one sword to attempt to bat away his opponent's sword, he used the other to try to slash across the Corsair's chest, doing damage heavy enough to remove from the fight, but light enough so that he would recover.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Viseryn let Rythia loosen the leather straps of his plate, and let it fall to the floor carelessly; the expertly forged steel would take far more to damage than the short trip to a wooden surface. He breathed onto her ear and then let his own fingers begin work loosening her armour, and, just before it fell from her alluring form, he paused; “You think my temper needs soothing?” His hands gripped her waist forcefully, and then he pushed her back playfully. “But, if it were soothed, surely some of the interest would be lost. My ... Unpredictability, shall we say, is something of a mask I refuse to remove. After all, it lowered your guard!”

In an instant, he was against her again, pressing her into the wall with the wiry strength of his body, but this time he had in his right hand a knife; one of the sacrificial blades. He gently pressed the tip against the side of Rythia’s neck, enough to draw a single, tiny jewel of blood onto the blade. With infinite delicacy, he drew the weapon’s tip across her skin, leaving only the faintest trail of lighter skin. The young dreadlord leaned forward until his lips were a hairs width from hers, and then, with an amused glint in his eyes, murmured. “For admitting so plainly the manipulation your family sought of House Tagarys, I should give you to the crew. I would bet the fortune I plan to acquire against them having found such a prize on their reavings, and it would near certainly buy their loyalty...”

---​

Master Kourla glared heatedly at Arkeith. “You may think this is foolishness, retainer, but what use are you on a slaving vessel if you cannot moderate your blows to incapacitate and not kill? This training - putting you with comrades you have never fought with, and in circumstances you may wish were better - is important to develop you as a member of this crew. This is a standard training exercise on the Bloodwrack. If you feel you are incapable, I shall inform Captain Viseryn and you shall be given less ... Demanding duties.”

When Arkeith leapt forward swiftly, the Master smiled smugly. The Khainite’s blade bit lightly into the corsair’s armoured shoulder, and set him stumbling backwards a pace, but the druchii was still capable of fighting, and laughed mockingly, until he slipped on a particularly damp plank, landing heavily on his back. Quick as a whip, Telemnar was back on his feet, but definitely on the defensive now, holding his blades before him warily.

On the other hand, Karochi’s sweep with his first blade disarmed his opponent, sending the blade skittering across the deck dully. A volley of jeers erupted from the onlooking corsairs, who heckled their comrade brutally. The second blow was every bit as precise and restrained as any swordsman could hope to be, crunching armour so that it constricted movement. He tottered back a step, then another, and two more, before falling heavily on his back.

“And that is one corsair incapacitated! Hurrah, and all that,” called Kourla, who was observing with a look of bored disdain on his face, which rested on clasped fists, leaning on the railing. “Luth’van, that was a poor showing! Twenty lashes once the exercise is over, and you’ve been extracted from the mess of that armour!”

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Arkeith frowned thoughtfully as he paced towards the corsair.

There were a number of ways to disable an opponent and he had been taught some of the most ancient techniques for managing such amongst the Druchii but they where a clear give away to his past life.

They already suspect, why bother hiding it as long as they hold their speculating tongues. he thought to himself.

Sighing Arkeith darted forward once more, his blade flashed through an arc intending to push aside the corsairs weapons and at the same time the assassin's empty hand flashed out towards the man's throat in one of the most basic disabling moves taught by the Temple.

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
A small laugh echoed in the dreadlords chamber when Rythia found herself forcefully pushed back a few steps. Of course the elf handled herself with grace and hardly even stumbled.
"Perhaps you are right but my Lord does have to understand that he walks such a dangerous path. Even with your explanations many still deem you far too unstable and whispers can do so much harm..." The younger elf was able to finish her sentence just a second before her current partner moved to capture her body and pin it against the wall. The female Druchii was wise enough not to move a inch when she felt the sharp blade slip over her skin and draw a small amount of blood but this time no fear could be seen in her eyes. If anything the small sting seemed to have tickled her a bit too well.
"Oh, is that so?" Just like before she allowed herself a small pause before continuing. "It would buy you that loyalty my sweet Lord but it would come at a cost. Just like yourself I carry noble blood and while my house is not as powerful as yours...I am beloved."

For a few brief moments Rythia no longer wasted breath on words. Instead her right hand moved to her throat and her index finger quickly went over her skin. The little blood that she was able to gather she brought to her lips just to wet both of them. A curious way to invite someone for a kiss.

"Even if you do very well during the raids my house would be displeased, enraged and your father might just use ...the...opportunity." Each and every word was disgustingly sweet but hopefully they did prove the elf to be more then able to use her head. "And I do enjoy to believe that it would be far more pleasant to simply keep me for yourself."

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
“Hmm, you tread a dangerous path yourself, Rythia,” he murmured in reply, ”And beloved you ... May be. And yet, ah, your father was ... Willing to send you with me!” With deft fingers, he finally finished his previously abandoned goal to remove her armour, and it fell to the floor gently, leaving Viseryn free to let his pale digits roam over her silky undergarments and her bare skin. He sighed with longing and traced a finger from her neck to her thigh. “Atharti has clearly had her way with you, my lady, and to give should goddess-given beauty and grace to a low-born crew would be criminal; your ... Services shall be retained for myself alone - if I find anyone else in your bed, or you in anyone else’s, I can promise you, both their pain and yours will be an exquisite work of art.” His fingers were slowly grazing her snowy skin, and he began gently teasing the crook of her neck with flicks of his tongue.

Out in the corridor, one of the three slaves Viseryn had brought with him stood, still as a statue, head bowed, and tried to block out the sounds which were beginning to emanate from the room. He reflected that he would much rather be where he was than in the place of the slave who had been kept in the room. At one point, he thought he heard another voice enter the mix, and shuddered. Who knew what fresh scars she would come away with.

---​

The sabre flashed, but the corsair must have read his intent, for he lashed out with his cutlass and the two connected with a jarring sound. The corsair hissed in triumph, but he managed to mistake the move Arkeith was attempting with his open hand as an accident, and instead of knocking his hand away, just tried reeling backwards. Arkeith’s hand clutched it’s target, and he felt the muscles and nerves bunching beneath his expertly trained hands. A simple squeeze, and Telemnar groaned, his eyes rolling back in their sockets. His legs turned to jelly, and try as he might, he couldn’t regain his balance and collapsed with a sigh, his breathing regular.

Kourla looked mildly impressed and slow-clapped. “Well done, assassin. Why you’re not still with the Temple I’ll never know; you could have been a rich man!”

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Tenril cursed, Karochi had declined his invitation quickly finished off the other corsair. Arkeith had taken care of Telemnar...shit. What to choose?
He really did not like the thought of adding another injury.

He shook his head, eyes rolling to the skies.
"Ah screw it."
He stormed at Arkeith, his blades twirling in a dizzying pattern. He was trying to get him on the defensive but making sure he would not so much as scratch the assassin. He was apparantly well trained and would have no trouble to see through his bladework and notice it was a friendly bout.
He wanted to dazzle Kourla with their sparring and if that meant he would be just a bit more afraid of their abilities afterwards so much the better.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
"You should keep your silence on matters that you know nothing about." Arkeith hissed hatefully as he glared up at Kourla, the most emotion he had shown since coming on board.

The assassin turned as he heard Tenril cursing to see the corsair turned retainer coming at him.

Arkeith flowed into a defensive guard, the blade held high but angling down and his empty hand placed on his hip, but frowned in confusion at the attack, it was too...flashy, clearly not a proper assault.

"A game?" he thought to himself.

Arkeith considered it but there was also the other two retainers to deal with and he didn't much like the idea of fighting all three at once, even with Karochi at his side.

Deciding to buy himself time he retreated, planning to parry the other's blows but deciding if his opponent left too obvious an opening he would lash out with the sabre's guard to the other Druchii's temple.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Karochi finished the last Corsair who had been engaged, and then searched for another target. He saw Tenril trying to defend himself against Arkeith. Good. he won't be able to defend himself against both of us, especially considering how good a fighter Arkeith seems, he thought. He rushed over, whirling his blades in a rain of steel, hoping to overwhelm the Corsair-turned-retainer's already strained defence.

behind Closed Doors: At the end of the day, when Sar-Geth went into his quarters, karochi followed. he took only his swords, so that he would not seem too aggressive, but still be able to defend himself if the worst came to the worst. When he arrived, he waited for Sar-Geth to get comfortable, then shut the door. he took a seat for himself, and began his questioning. "When we had our first fight against the Corsairs," he began. "I failed to harm my target. Then, inexplicably, he turned and attacked one of his own allies. I was too surprised to keep fighting. I then heard some muttering. I turned to the source, and saw that it was you. You were muttering, and while you uttered sound, the Corsair fought, trance-like. As soon as you stopped making sounds," Karochi said importantly "he snapped out of his trance. of course, he kept fighting the target he had been moving too, but was no longer in a trance. I am clever. How else did I survive Blood Night alone? I suspect that you are not all you seem. What happened there? I am clever enough to know something was amiss." he sat back, and waited for Sar-Geth to respond, boring into his eyes with an unsettling gaze.

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Tenril swooped towards Arkeith. It was obvious he was fearful of being outnumbered. No matter how good a bladesman, numbers always counted.
He made a few impressive moves but none of them to do permanent damage.
Tenril did a lot of nasty things but he was no back-stabber, for some reason he had always considered that to be a weakness.

He struck out high with the saber in his right hand and used the pommel of the short sword in his left to try and knock the other out.
Hopefully the assassin was too busy defending the saber and would miss the pommel of the latter.
"Probably not and you are the one now royally screwed", Tenril thought.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Sar'geth spent the next few days of the journey brooding over matters of intrigue and sorcery. He could often be found in his chamber poring over the Great Optical Tome; a book he was reading to study the fimir of Albion, he would lie if anyone managed to get past the locked door into his quarters and catch him with the book in open sight.

The wizard also pondered over the matter of his conversation with Karochi; it had been...enlightening, to say the least.

-----

The vauvalka stood on deck, shocked at Kourla's words. Once more, he had surprised Sar'geth with a similar idea to the last one: a brutal fight to the finish...at least it wasn't to the death. Unless that had already been planned without Sar'geth knowing, in which case the situation could be very dangerous indeed. He hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Sar'geth realised fighting was his only option; otherwise, he'd look suspicious. But how? If I fight terribly, Kourla will wonder why I was put in Viseryn's retinue. I don't want him to realise what I am.

His hand softly delved into his robes under his coat, in search of answers. He ran his fingers along the vials of potions that were pocketed tightly and securely in there: first, an explosive potion - Too dangerous to self. The thing could cause the boat to catch fire in a critical way. Then, he found the potion called Hydra's Bite. Too dangerous to others. Therefore could cause punishment for self. A spark of hope lit up Sar'geth's face as he found the last type of potion - only to find out what it was. A healing potion. Brilliant. That's really be useful enough to make me beat the other retainers. Idiots and scumbags they might be, but they knew how to swing a stick better than the wizard did. More fool them for practising it. Unfortunately, though, that meagre skill was required now.

Sar'geth hefted his lakelui so that both hands held it. It seemed there was nothing for it but to charge in and hope for the best. But wait - it seems the assassin is already distracted with Tenril! Now's my chance to claim victory, whilst someone else does the work for me! Sar'geth grinned, and stepped towards Arkeith, swinging his lakelui in a wide, diagonal arc from left to right and downwards. Sar'geth planned just before he swung, I intend it to cut in at the shoulder, temporarily disabling the assasin's arm and cutting a small way into his chest. This would remove him from the fight, though he will recover later. If a little humiliated. Sar'geth hoped his bladework would pay off; it wasn't bad, but he was primarily a mage and probably couldn't stand up to any of the other retainers on board in a one-on-one, purely physical-based combat.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Arkeith heard the loud clumsy feet banging behind him but he couldn't risk removing his gaze from his opponent to glance over his shoulder however from the sound he guessed it was the Robed Retainer. It sounded like him anyway and the assassin spend a lot of time listening.

"That means the attack shall come from a pole-arm." he thought thinking of Sar'geth's weapon.

Arkeith's left hand moved slightly along his hip to grab his dagger and tear it from it's sheath and brought the short blade up into a complimentary guard stance. He had an idea, it was a fairly standard one however as he did not dare risk anything flashy against such a vicious weapon as the lakelui.

He waited a moment more listening to the oncoming attack before acting, timing was everything.

"Now!" he silently told himself.

Using a passing step Arkeith attempted to move past Tenril, his saber moved in a diagonal cut to engage the corsair's weapon whilst he kept his dagger held in parrying postion.
If the maneuver designed to allow the Assassin to put his opponent between himself and the new attacker, without truly turning away from his primary target, and with some luck the newcomer's momentum would carry him into Tenril.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Kourla smiled indulgently at Arkeith’s comment, and shook his head. “What will you do about it, Assassin? Kill me and Viseryn will be most displeased!” The lie slipped easily from his tongue; he had known for days that the Captain despised him and would rather his first mate replaced him, but the young noble was also not stupid enough to try and run the ship on a reduced crew if it were unnecessary.

A stunned silence had reigned over the deck as the corsairs leaned forward to keep a closer eye on the fight with respect. Tenril’s bladework was nearly flawless, and didn’t get Arkeith a chance to attack him as he wanted to.

Karochi’s blades spun faster and faster, the blades becoming a blur in the air, but Tenril managed to skip around the weapons and follow Arkeith around the deck swiftly, although he was fully aware that he was being ganged up on; it was also apparent that if he didn’t manage to take out one of the two enemies soon, then he would doubtless be beaten into submission.

When Tenril tried to strike high with his own sabre, the blow was well placed and perfectly timed, but Arkeith managed to use his own sabre to deflect the blow and send it wide. His short sword’s pommel flashed out like lightning, but the Temple-trained reflexes of the assassin sent that spinning out as well, incredibly, his vambraces smashing the hilt aside.

As Sar’geth hefted the lakelui and began to bring it down, a large, rolling wave hit the Bloodwrack and completely sent the blow off-course, his weapon heading directly for the glossy wet deck. Arkeith’s timing, however, was dead on, and had the weapon not been thrown off course, he would have been moving at the perfect time. The wave, however, affected his movement due to it’s unexpected nature, and he slipped, sprawling over the deck next to Tenril as the vauvalka’s lakelui bit sharply into the deck a foot to his left, and the sorceror himself only just managed to keep his feet by stumbling forwards, glancing sharply from Tenril, who had managed to keep his feet, no doubt from years of experience on the sea.

---​

OOC: OK, guys, so ... That was difficult to figure out; I hope I did it justice!

We now have:-

-Tenril on his feet, having just have Sar’geth glance off him
-Sar’geth on his feet, having just glanced off of Tenril
-Arkeith to Tenril’s left, on the ground
-Karochi on his feet, behind Tenril.

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Tenril laughed hard as the wave hit them and everybody around him seemed to stumble around the deck. He felt Sar’geth bumping into him, just a brief touch. For some reason that short physical contact sent shivers down his back.
"That was fun!", he roared, trying to keep his mind of the strange tingling feeling.

He quickly spun around and raised the scimitar in his right hand up in defense against Karochi, trying to block any incoming attack, whilst he held his short sword slightly back behind him to point down at Arkeith's chest. Hopefully catching the assassin off guard after his tumble, at least enough to score a 'kill'. He hoped that if that failed Snappy would at least be in the way. The things had saved his life on several occasions.
If he didn't score a 'kill' or Snappy would not be in the way enough he would definitely be 'dead' as he was now standing in a very awkward position; outnumbered and arms to the front and rear.

He addressed Sar'geth in a calm voice.
"Better stand up fast or you're going to be Kraken-bait. And...some help?"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Arkeith cursed as he lost his footing and slid slightly before crashing to the deck.

"Okay...ow." he thought to himself with annoyance.

Without waiting to see what had happened the Assassin rolled away from the others and flipped to his feet in a single smooth motion*.

The Assassin's eyes darted to his two opponents.

"Go for the weak link." he thought to himself as he locked his gaze onto Sar'geth.

Arkeith crouched, sliding his leg out so he was in a low, wide stance and raised his dagger into a high defensive guard and at the same time he lunged forward and thrust his sabre at the robed elf's legs.

* Mal did a roll to see if Arkeith could get back to his feet and he scored high enough to preform the motion above.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Arkeith's roll took him away from both sabre and cloak, timed so that he would be clear and fast enough to not leave himself open. Had Tenril's sabre been just a fraction quicker, Arkeith would've been incapacitated and out of the scenario, and the assassin knew it.

Once back up on his feet, the ship had steadied and he managed to execute his leap flawlessly, and his sabre thrust was acceptable under the circumstances, connecting sharply with Sar'geth's robes. Unfortunately, the protective nature of the runes on the clothing absorbed most of the force and merely sent the other retainer stumbling again, which no doubt surprised his attacker. Sar'geth found himself recoiling slightly from the blow, and would have a wicked bruise accompanied by a fierce ache, but was otherwise unharmed.

---​

OOC: As Get says, I did the roll for his character to get to his feet a couple of hours ago, otherwise his entire post would have been 'Arkeith attempted to get to his feet' which would be a bit pointless.

Unfortunately, Tenril got some bad rolls, otherwise Arkeith would be out of it anyway, and Sar'geth was extremely lucky at the low damage roll for the attack, otherwise he would be out of it!

TDK; I'll be PMing you tonight about the next Update

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Karochi was frustrated. He had thought that whirling blades, plus another opponent, would have 'killed' Tenril, but, obviously it hadn't/Time for another plan, he thought. he had to think quickly, because while he was confident he could keep Tenril on the defensive, he was running out of room before he would drop over the side, and Karochi himself would be punished. He decided to change his tactic. he whirled his blades for a few more seconds to keep the rhythm, then quickly aimed his left blade down towards Tenril's legs and feet, trying to unbalance him, and swept up with his other blade to cut upwards through Tenril's chest, but careful to inflict only temporary flesh wounds.

behind Closed Doors: I'll continue when The Dread King makes his response to this.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Arkeith was...confused.

The Assassin stepped back for a moment and looked his opponent then shifted his eyes to look at sabre which he always ensured was well maintained and it had failed to pierce cloth. Sure he could understand if it had been a poor cut, certain materials such as silk were resilient to slashing but not stopping a thrust was another matter.

The Khainite's eyes narrowed considering this and the strange way in which a corsair had fought for him a few days past Arkeith would have, if it where not for the fashion in which Sar'geth fought, had other suspicions as to his skillset afterall his former life's duties had entailed the murder of those who followed certain, forbidden, paths.

Still now was not the time for such musings.

Sheathing his dagger Arkeith once again took up a more standard fighting pose, once again resting his empty hand on his waist, and circled around Sar'geth, moving out of the way of Tenril and allowed Karochi to deal with him.

The assassin advanced swiftly on the robed druchii whilst he was still recovering from the last attack and swiftly made a warding downwards cut at his opponent's weapon in an attempt to keep it out of the way before moving in close, hoping to capitalise on the polearms weakness at extreme close range, and brought the handle up to try and crack Sar'geth in the head with the hand guard.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Karochi's first blade aimed at Tenril's feet was just off, and hit the deck dully instead of tripping the other retainer, but he hadn't put enough power behind it to trap the weapon in the wood and he easily flowed into his next attack, the blade once again being slightly off-target, but it still managed to glance from Tenril's leather armour and the cloak he wore over his shoulders, winding the corsair slightly but not giving what any would consider an incapacitating blow.

Arkeith's Rolls:-

Warding Cut: 2
Move enemy weapon: 2
Handle at Sar'geth: 5
Damage: 6

On the other side of the deck, the assassin's warding blow slid along the vauvalka's lakelui, failing to move it out the way as Arkeith had intended, so when he moved immediately closer, the khainite found himself walking into the weapon and it blocked the blow with the sabre's hand guard which was aimed at Sar'geth's head. The force of the blow would have knocked him out had it connected, but because the lakelui was in the way, it merely made the other retainer stumble backwards. Unfortunately for Sar'geth, his robes gathered around his feet as he moved backwards and he slipped, falling heavily onto his back and knocking the wind from his lungs.

---​

OOC: TDK; I have rolled for Sar'geth's recovery from the fall and it was a 6.

This is such a back and forth combat; I'm really rather enjoying it!

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Tenril's eyes widened as the weapon slid over his armor, inflicting no bodily damage but enough of a force to stagger him a little. Once again the sea dragon cloak saved his ass as it blocked the most of the damage.
"Snappy saves the day!" He laughed and quickly spun around to bring both weapons to bear on Karochi.
"Sar'geth stop sleeping on deck man!"

He made a feint towards the Karochi's chest with his left hand containing the short sword, crossing his right hand with the scimitar underneath it, making an 'x'-form with his arms.
Hopefully the other elf would focus more on the feint from his left and would miss his right hand coming from underneath towards the belly. He would press the scimitar there, not pushing through but clearly showing why he was named Gutripper.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Seeing Tenril's counter attack, Karochi laughed. "You're putting up a good fight! This is getting interesting." he pulled his blades back from his failed attack to defend against the counter. Seeing the x formation of the two weapons, he decided to use one blade to block the scimitar, and the other to cut Tenril's hands. "If this was a real fight to the death," he hissed. "I would slice your hands of your wrists. As is, I'll just have to cut them, and pretend I did." he looked at Sar-Geth.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Sar'geth was frustrated.

That damned assassin had made so many attempts to destroy him after the wave hit the boat; the vauvalka was regretting his first attack on Arkeith. Still, there was nothing he could do about it now except fight on, and luckily none of Arkeith's blows had been too damaging thanks to Sar'geth's robes and lakelui, although he did have some almighty bruises that would be troubling him later on.

The wizard threw himself to his feet and shook his head, bringing himself back to his senses after returning to a standing position. He shouted out to Tenril over the din of blades clashing, "I'm trying to, though after you botched your offensive against him, I'm having some turbulence dealing with Arkeith!"

He then refocused on said retainer, and stepped forwards, carrying out the reverse of Arkeith's tactic: he used the lakelui's long range to bring it round in a rapid, sweeping cut from the right-hand side that would crash into the assassin's armour and cut deeply into his midsection if it succeeded. The current distance between him and Arkeith meant that the latter would have extreme difficulties reaching Sar'geth with his weapons (that were, comparitively, shorter than the lakelui itself) and causing much more than a minor cut. At the same time, stepping towards the wizard would simply bring him further into the range of the lakelui, making the potential damage caused by the lethal blade even more severe.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Arkeith give a rare, and unsettling, grin as he watched the sorcerer begin his attack.

Arkeith dared not retreat in the face of his opponents superior range so he did the only thing a swordsman can do against a polearm.

"Blood and Souls!" the Khainite hissed.

Arkeith stepped into the blow, at the same time he swept his blade down in an arc that was meant to shove the longer weapon down and out of the way so that he could get closer.
The assassin readied his empty hand for were his sweeping strike successful then he meant to close the range and use the same painful grip that had worked earlier against the corsair.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Tenril's feint was sloppy for such an experienced bladesman, and obvious for it, and then his underblow was easily blocked by Karochi, who turned it aside and very lightly cut the corsairs hands, enough to produce a hiss of pain and a hateful glare but no more. Kourla clapped and called, "Poor show, Gutripper, I expected better! You're incapacitated!" A ripple of laughter rang through the assembled crowd of corsairs, but the ship's Master raised a hand and they stopped. "He did better than a good many of you would have done, fools, so shut your laughing!"

The lakelui began to swing, but the druchii had misjudged the space he had and the bottom of the weapon caught on one of the two masts which sprung from the main deck, throwing the weapons aim off completely. Arkeith had little trouble in aiding the weapon's trajectory away from it's intended target, thrusting it towards the deck heavily. His other hand darted out like a viper, and managed to trigger the nerves which sent his opponent spasming onto the deck with a heavy thud. Kourla sighed and shook his head. "Sar'geth, I have no idea why Captain Viseryn has you in his retinue, you couldn't slaughter a manacled slave," he said, sneering cruelly. "Unfortunately, I've been told to excuse your ineptness; why, I was not informed. Get out of my sight!"

---​

OOC: OK, so it would seem that both Sar'geth and Tenril have been incapacitated in one set of results; that was unexpected!

I'm sorry about your rolls, TDK, you were really unlucky throughout!

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Arkeith sheathed his sabre carefully before holding out his hand to Sar'geth in an offer to help the robed elf up with a completely neutral expression.

After a moment Sar'geth took his hand and the assassin pulled him to his feet, Arkeith tugged the elf close for a moment.

"I know your kind." he hissed softly so that only the other Druchii would hear.

Stepping back the Assassin nodded, his expression still emotionless giving no sign of his thoughts as he released the other elf's hand.

"You defended yourself well." he said at normal volume, partially because he had expected Sar'geth to fail much sooner and partially to contradict the spiteful Ship Master.

Turning he strode towards the gathering of Corsairs, glancing at Tullaris Aislinn who had sat-out the combat for some reason despite the original commands for him to join the others in the practice assault. Although for that Arkeith was grateful, it meant they could end this farce quicker.

When closer to Kourla he stopped and spoke again.

"Anymore orders from the young Lord?" he asked, pitching his voice so that Viseryn's thug Sinthair could hear too as he suspected it would be one of these two elves who would know their master's commands.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Kourla tried to stare down Arkeith, but Sinthair snorted and interrupted, "Yes. Do not disturb him!" The Master shot a poisonous look at his lords most trusted retainer, but then acquiesced to the hard glare he got in return and nodded. "Indeer, Thornblade is correct. Captain Viseryn has given orders that he is not to be disturbed; he has 'important matters' to discuss with the Lady Rythia-" this was said with a highly sarcastic bent and a flash of combined lust and jealousy in his eyes, "-and has left instruction that you are all free to do as you wish until we dock in Karond Kar in about six hours. I would suggest you attempt to get to know each other better - you are, afterall, going to be working closely in the young lord's employ." He was clearly contemptuous, but turned to Sinthair to relate the rest of the orders. "Thornblade, you are to return to your post outside his door."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu