1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Adam Barrow - Disturbing The Peace Of The Dead

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Adam_Barrow, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

@The Gunslinger Cheers for that! I got lucky, a buddy of mine gave me the mount when he heard how I wanted to use it. It's a great looking model.

2. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Now that's awesome! Shame it's missing the bell, but that crazy amount of bodies makes up for it! Those shades of brown and green look great together

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  3. Adam_Barrow

@Borgnine Ha, you're right! I didn't even notice! It's lost the bell sometime since it was built. I can't imagine where that might be. Thanks, man! This one's been fun. I think it'll be a cool addition to the troops.

4. Adam_Barrow

I'm kinda throwing quick pictures up as I'm finishing this stuff. Maybe I'll do a round up of the whole thing at the end to have a few pictures in focus at least. Also, 2nd Corpse Cart in the tin!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not much left to go now. Thanks for coming with me.

"..like a shadow on me all of the time." Bonnie Tyler (Total Eclipse of the Heart)

5. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Really nice, the green zombie horse really makes it for me

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  6. Adam_Barrow

@Shadespyre Thanks, homie! He was a blast. It let me stretch my zombie skin recipe across a bigger surface area, and I'm pretty happy with the results.

7. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

It's one of those simple, obvious things which I'm sure I wouldn't have done - my version, I'm sure, would have a grey/black/brown horse and not be half as good.

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  8. Adam_Barrow

@Shadespyre Cheers for that. Means plenty coming from somebody with an eye for color like you've got.

9. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

I bet all over the hobby this horse model is used more often for undead than nurgle :D A really really cool take on the CC! Like it man! I have a movie in mind that this is pushing me to, but I can't yet tell it...anyway, love the idea and execution!

10. Adam_Barrow

@Theerteen He's a fan favorite. I really like when Nurgle stuff ends up in Skaven armies. Clan Pestilens all day. It may not be the one you're thinking of, but if you haven't seen The VVitch (directed by Robert Eggers), now is the time lad. Peeped it recently myself, and I wouldn't steer you astray. Thanks for the kind words, brother.

11. Theerteen

Ahh I've seen the trailer a few months ago, but forgot about it. Shame. I will definitely watch this one, thanks for reminding ;)

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  12. Borgnine

I commented earlier that green and brown look great together on it - but the green shade itself is superb too! It's so wonderully... toxic ;) especially those lanterns on the back.

Did the necromancer lost the top oh his staff too? ;)

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  13. Adam_Barrow

@Borgnine Thanks, dude! Gunna have similar lanterns on the 2 Screaming Skull/Balefire Catapults (learning Kings of War names for everything is a pain). Gives an excuse to have my accent green on more units in my army. That necro's staff was so over the top, I thought a more simple look would keep the focus on him instead of his stick.

Gunna be at the artillery pieces this week!

14. Borgnine

He's higher than normal and he's not alone, I didn't thought about it, but it's a perfectly valid point ;) Good call!

Are you using Mantic catapults, or tomb kings ones? Also, from where are you getting all the tiny rats? xD Skaven sets or something else?

15. Adam_Barrow

@Borgnine I found 2 metal trebuchets from RAFM. They're historical models, so that made them very inexpensive but kinda bland too. Good thing I have a ton of undead bits lying around to dress em up. The ratties are from two Skaven kits, the Abomination and the new Thanquol model from End Times (which can be kinda hard to come by. A bits site had to email me when they were finally back in stock.)

16. Adam_Barrow

I have added more square footage to the Good Doctor's graveyard. Decided to start from the bottom up on my Screaming Skull/Balefire Catapults..that are both trebuchets. Bases finished, and I'm pretty happy with my attempt at matching the Casket of Souls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the warmachines will come together quickly. Next time!

"You'd kill me if you could." Alkaline Trio (Fatally Yours)

Seneschal likes this.
  17. Theerteen

Oooooh boy, undead artillery! Looks nice already, and I really can't wait to see them in Barrow Toxic Theme™ :D

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  18. Adam_Barrow

@Theerteen Thanks, homie! Those lanterns will be the same as on my latest Corpse Cart, and there's the ghost and burning skull brazier to bring my green in too. Barrow Toxic Theme in the house!

Theerteen likes this.
  19. Borgnine

Wow, those are big! Really nice models, reminds me of the bretonnian one. Really nice work on the bases and the lanters are a really nice touch :) What are the trebuchets made of? I can't make it out from the photos...

20. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

Spirit powered undead trebuchets? great work! and amazing bases, by the way. But casket of souls is the best I've ever seen, I like this one more than the GW one.
    Resin I guess, though not necessarily, of course.

21. Adam_Barrow

@Borgnine Totally giant (metal) artillery from RAFM Miniatures. It took some extra bits to Undead them up, and I think the bases go a long way to that. Thanks, man.

@Menkeroth Much obliged. I've got models planned for warmachine crew, but since KoW doesn't bother with them they aren't on the paint table just yet. There are more pics of my Casket from this time 2 years ago a bit further back in my plog if you want some better shots. That model was a blast.

22. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

Indeed it is, really great model and realization. But you certainly need more skulls, bats and bat wings on catapults!

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  23. The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger Skeleton

I'm excited to see how your trebuchets come along.

I was thinking of using a skaven plagueclaw to make a screaming skull catapult. I never did like the original model and they are hard to come by these days.

I look forward to using your work as inspiration again.

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  24. Adam_Barrow

@The Gunslinger RAFM was a very cheap alternative, like $14USD for one if I recall. Both my Plagueclaw kits are gunna be built as the Warp Lightning Cannon, if I ever get to them. Such a cool model too Thanks for the kind words!

The Gunslinger likes this.
  25. Adam_Barrow

And idea I had for Undead Legions in End Times, now a pair of Screaming Skull/Balefire Catapults so I can Kings of War it up.

The Slender Sisters

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And a shot of the Good Doctor's battery.
    [​IMG]

Those took forever! But I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with. Tried to keep them matching the Casket of Souls scheme as closely as possible. That's all of my Undead artillery finished!

It's on to 3 vampires next. They'll determine how much time I have for any kind of display board. Thanks for taking a look! And for anybody keeping score, that puts us here:

[​IMG]

"I am your tomb. No light beyond the door." Khemmis (Beyond The Door)

Last edited: May 4, 2017