1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Adam Barrow - The Shire: KoW League of Rhordia

Discussion in 'The Faces of Our Next Meal......' started by Adam_Barrow, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

Decided to do a legit Kings of War army this past summer, and the idea for a Shire-themed all halfling League of Rhordia army was too fun to pass. Allying in a few Nature units for Middle-earth flavor, and off we go.

First, the Dunedain. The remnants of the North kingdom of Arnor, called Rangers. Aragorn has enlisted the Grey Company to guard the borders of the Shire.
    [Counts As: Naiad Ensnarers Regiment]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next, the Grey Pilgrim. Long has Gandalf taken a particular interest in the Shire and it's strange folk, who are particularly fond of his fireworks.
    [Counts As: Halfling Iron Beast]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last for this update, mighty Brethildil, whose name means Birch-friend in the Westron tongue.

Here's Birch Bro, and damn was he fun to paint!
    [Counts As: Tree Herder]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No basing yet, as you've noticed. Those multibases for Kings of War units are gunna be fun, but I'm waiting to do them all in one batch. Plenty of fun ideas in mind for that stage

Thanks for looking in! I do eventually intend to have Hobbits in my Shire army.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Adam_Barrow Awesome work mate, I'm a big fan of how you've done your greys in this army so far. The contrast is really sharp on Gandalf's & the Rangers' robes and that yellow on the ent really makes the mini pop - it goes hand-in-hand with the grey. Top stuff!

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  3. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

@Farmer7574 Thanks, dude! I've always wanted to paint the Elven cloaks Frodo and the gang get in Lothlorien. I thought the Rangers might have a little Elf-lore in their ranks. Always wanted to see a birch ent too, and just my luck birches go blonde in the autumn. He'll match my green and yellow army colors well. I'll be pouring back through your forest bases soon enough. I've allied in Forces of Nature units like Birch Bro to represent the Old Forest just east of the Shire. Looking forward to doing some leafy bases.