1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Age of sigmar

Discussion in 'Gateway to the Realms' started by El Syf, Jun 2, 2015.

1. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

2. najo

najo Mortarch of the Dark Soul Staff Member True Blood

I was just going to share the very same pics lol. Awesome stuff!!

3. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

I was too, but just checked in my computer .o.

well... great news!

"Can what is dead ever truly die?"

You know that is us guys. Let the battle begin!

najo likes this.
  4. najo

Speaking of which, you guys see the most recent Game of Thrones?

5. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

Hell yeah, it was so damn epic I loved that the zombies showed up again and we actually got to see the battle this time (not like that annoying Fist of the first men episode )

This is really gonna make or break me with my desire to start fantasy hopefully it's all good, can't wait till how GW brings back the fantasy universe after End Times

6. dongilles

dongilles Grave Guard

What is this? Is this a new novel?

7. najo

Age of Sigmar is a boxed game launching 9th ed after End Times. First look at new Warhammer!

8. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

Yeah, those Wildlings failed their fear test... Even with IP. Maybe the Wight King had Nightshroud. I know they had the screaming banner for sure....

der vued and Count michael like this.
  9. shred.

shred. Zombie

I just wish I could cast like in that episode. Vanhels would grant ASF, +D3 attacks, and 2+ regeneration. Or invocation of nehek, resurrect 50D6 models.

10. Demian

When game of Thrones shows non-glittering Vampires, I'll binge watch it to catch up. Well regular Undead is not so bad either, just not the ace in the cake. In the mean time, just watching it every saturday with the pals.

Aaaaaaaaand our Nagash miniature may not be a waste of money after all, he may even show up in the future, albeit not with his Death Magic Incarnate special rule. Still pretty powerful though!

11. Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Pirate Robot Ninja of Death Vampire Thrall

I'm still buzzing about how awesome that episode was. The final scene was just epic.

As for Age of Sigmar...I'm still not fully sure what this is? Is it a boxed game like Assassins or Dreadfleet? Or is it this rumoured skirmish game we've been hearing so much about? Or is it 9th edition?

...are we even going to *get* a 9th edition?

12. Alabaster427

I wish we could still get Frostblade...

13. Demian

I miss the Helm of Dominion... or.. however that helm that allowed you to pass your WS onto a nearby Unit was called.

14. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

Nice to see that Lizardmen is more important than ever :D

DanteAlSimmon likes this.
  15. Banat

Banat Varghulf

Age of Sigmar is a boxed game a la assassins. It is a standalone and i imagine bridges the gap between end times and ninth.

It heralds the beginning of ninth ed releases.

lizardmen explicitly mentioned (explains round bases lizardmen at whw) and undead implicitly mentioned.

All army books and island of blood are being taken off the shelves this weekend in preparation for preorders.

16. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

Some news from war seer. Apparently everything is getting pulled from the shelves on Saturday. Not just army books and the rule book.

17. Alabaster427

From BoLS:
    Capture.PNG

18. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

Those are going to be some pretty bare shelves

19. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

My bad, people on warseer are getting a bit tetchy.

20. Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Pirate Robot Ninja of Death Vampire Thrall

ALL armybooks being pulled, eh? Does that mean this is going to be a Ravening Hordes-style edition, I wonder?

edit: or are people just lying :tongue:

21. Alabaster427

It's going to be like Heroclix where all multi-wound models have built wound counters and markers for frenzy, stupid, fleeing, etc.

22. Malisteen

Malisteen Master Necromancer True Blood

The going rumor has been that while stat lines and points costs will be consistent enough to use old faction books (even though the game rules themselves are supposedly significantly changing, and possibly requiring a pile of faction faqs to bridge the gap), none of the existing factions will actually be supported as such going forward, and will be entirely replaced by six new factions (which may have some overlap; chaos supposedly still a faction, skaven, undead, etc, but 'new' undead may not look much like vamp counts or tomb kings in unit selection or model range).

So the existing faction books will still be technically viable, and available to people who ask for them, but will not be updated or supported with new releases, and people will instead be pushed towards the new factions as they are released. Also rumored that army books themselves may no longer be a thing, perhaps going to a more warmahordes style campaign / narrative supplements with a unit or two for everything, and individual rules in the boxes, as have been included in the end times releases.

Again, just the rumors. Truth may look different. We'll see.

23. Eternal flitter

Eternal flitter Ghoul

Curioser and curioser... or maybe all the unit profiles and rules will be available as free downloadable PDFs... :innocent:

24. najo

I'm excited but very nervous. I love the old world, but I agree things had become played out. There was not much further things could have gone storywise. I do have faith in GW's creative staff to make an awesome setting, and I believe Warhammer is going to get a whole lot of love here shortly. Its going to be interesting to see what they create with no real limits on what they are doing.

25. DanteAlSimmon

DanteAlSimmon Zombie

Im all for that originally rumoured alternate reality pockets setting.
    Would open so many opportunities for exciting army fluff / styles / allies (if implemented).

They would never run out of trustworthy settings to tell stories, kinda like the Magic the gathering multiverse.

"This time I want a story about vampiric dragons who lead reptillian undeads"
    *BLAM! such a plane now exists!*