1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Age of sigmar

Discussion in 'Gateway to the Realms' started by El Syf, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

Battleshock is still taken, it's just as a warband now, so you might see some of those abilities that affect battleshock stacking.

As for Master of Black Arts, the command trait makes your general a wizard, but it doesn't say how many spells it may attempt to cast or unbind, rendering it useless. However, I wonder how Supernatural Horror is going to work. I imagine if any models from the warband are within 10" of your general during battleshock, then the entire warband is affected. I imagine Order still gets their trait, but it only applies to the warband as a whole.

It's $10. It's literally the cheapest GW thing you'll ever buy directly from GW. Screw the narrative if you don't like it. It's a 45 minute game that you can play with a handful of models nearly anywhere.

2. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Black Knight

It certainly is. I'd say it's exactly the AoS version of Mordheim!

True, the order trait double roll can still be useful.

If you're a wizard the minimum is one spell, unless differently specified on the warscroll.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  3. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Pretty much every ability on the zombie warscroll doesn't work due to them all being individual units. Having all of them have a 6+ 6+ is rediculous.

4. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

GW has been clear about changing rules as players see fit. I'm running a campaign in a couple months and as long as warbands have the minimum number of models to required on the battlefield to get a buff from a specific warscroll, they still get it, regardless of distance.

5. Unas the slayer

yeah, the only reason to include zombies, is when I play at 25 pts, and I've still got 1 point.
    A zombie with 6+/6+ is useful just to sit upon an objective (as in treasure hunt), but other than that, is pretty much worthless. They are guys the work on horde, and in skirmish there are no hordes.

Oppenheimer likes this.
  6. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

7. Unas the slayer

Sadly, I cannot really disagree with the post...

8. Menkeroth

Well, he does have a point to some extent but only to some. It does not make sense save for sending this to GW and also what I don't like is how he twists reality to suit his own vision although it is quite different. He manages to twist it and remake into something horrible or non-existing even if the point is rather good, like "New skellies? they are not for AoS, so it does not count". Bullshit.

9. Unas the slayer

Yep, some single points are out of target, but the overall conclusion is not wrong. Death is undeniably taking the short straw.

10. Menkeroth

It is and nobody denies this, so that rant had even less practical sense. But the overall state of Death is not so terrible as it appears to be, and all in all I'd say we are fine and will be better, just need to be patient - skellies are great, Herald of Nagash is good too, so I am sure everything else comes later too. After all, we got Shadespire and quite an entertaining fluff with it too.

11. Menkeroth