1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tom-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Are we going to see death this year?

Discussion in 'Gateway to the Realms' started by Haunter of the night., Feb 22, 2017.

1. Haunter of the night.

Haunter of the night. Zombie

Hey I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to if we would be seeing any new death miniatures this year?

2. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

Doubt it, the only releases that most pepole seem certain on is duradin and some form of aelves (most likely dark) although there have been a few rumours about tomb kings getting redone.

Ps. Personally I don't think death will see anything new for a couple of years, we got quite spoilt with the end times releases.

3. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

I've heard a rumor that Deathrattle will get a thing. That could be TK or just VC or both. I don't remember where or when I heard that, so take it with a grain of salt.

4. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Ghoul

We had Flesh Eater, the most sensible route would be 2 releases, centered on Deathrattle and Soulblight.
    But it's mostly my hope, not a rumor I've heard.

5. edwardvlad

edwardvlad Zombie

Yeah i don't think we are gonna see new death models soon, like el syf said we got a lot of models from the end times..

With that said, if you take a look at gw website you can see that the death grand alliance has fewer models than any other alliance. And by far.
    And it is also the less varied: even destruction has more options than death (orcs, trolls, ironjawz, ogres etc.). Yeah you can argue that we got flesh eater courts/deathrattle/soulblight etc., but still they are all Vampire Counts. So am I hoping for new death releases? Yes. Are they that likely? Prob not...

Menkeroth likes this.
  6. Alabaster427

That's why I think a Deathrattle book would be most likely, especially if it includes TK stuff. The FAQ says that they have no plans on nixing TK, Brettonians, Beastmen, etc. It would allow GW to update old models without any drastic changes in design and give a pretty extensive subfaction for Death players.

7. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Ghoul

With the smart move of putting Tomb Kings OOP, Death is actually a faction made by a single army... so GW need only to realize that they must do something, or Death will become a niche faction.

8. Eyeless

Eyeless Wight King

while i would like to see new models or TK re-released, i'm not really bothered by it. all we need is some books with battalions and we're set for now.

Menkeroth likes this.
  9. Azakael

Azakael Skeleton

The one thing I heard, and I take it with a grain of salt, is that "*every* faction will get some love this year."
    Now, what form that takes, I don't know. Do they mean new models, or is love something as simple as Battalion scrolls, spell lists, point rebalance, and artifacts to offset some of the weaknesses in the army?
    That said, I would like to see *some* new models to make one or two others sub-factions of Death a stand-alone force.
    Hell, re-release TK and make Deathrattle a diverse sub-faction, and then expand out either Soulblight or Nighthaunt with actual infantry to make them more interesting. (I think Nighthaunts would be more fun.)

Menkeroth and El Syf like this.
  10. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

Yeah night haunt could be really good actually; would need a beefier hero for them and as Azakael says the infantry options too. :)

Menkeroth likes this.
  11. Malisteen

Malisteen Vampire Count True Blood

"Are we going to see death this year?"

Geeze, I can only hope. Oh. Oh, wait, you meant new death faction models in Age of Sigmar. In that case...

Oh, geeze, I can only hope.

People talk about how spoiled we were by end times releases, but come one. That was all of four kits. Four. Even Destruction have gotten more kits then that since AoS's release, and Chaos and Order have gotten more than that several times over. It's to the point that the lack of death releases has seriously contributed to my own loss of interest in the game.

12. Alabaster427

I really think that we will, but it will probably be after GHB2, which will probably be at or after Warhammer World. I really hope that whatever it is incorporates TK and that the Necro Knights and Settra are reasonably priced (Not what they now are in the app). Or maybe we'll see something new altogether.

Really, it was just three new things and updated version of Spirit hosts, which look MUCH better, but are used much less now. So out of the four new kits, there are 7 different units. Of which, you rarely see more than 2 in use. Sure, we got cool stuff, but it's not nearly as versatile as anyone else's updates.

Menkeroth likes this.
  13. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

There are no reliable sources about new death releases as of yet, leider, but I also hope this year we will see something and it's very possible, just not this couple of months. But yes, deathrattlers and / or vampires are certainly possible.

14. Menkeroth

15. Alabaster427

Called it. I don't know if they'll also be TK, but their name "Deathrattle Sepulchrals" gives me hope.

16. Menkeroth

I doubt it. These skellies appear to be a re-release of the old vc ones.

17. Malisteen

the boss at least is likely to technically be a new hero, though likely just another 5 wound skeletal melee boss little removed conceptually from the wight kings we already have.

I'm not really seeing anything new in the skeleton unit. They're just skeleton warriors? apart form posing, what would even distinguish them from regular skeleton warriors?

I do agree that a deathrattle battletome is likely coming sooner rather than later, but i'm not expecting to see much new in it.

18. Menkeroth

You have not expected this either and was adamant we would receive nothing. And you are still that pessimistic and can't admit you were wrong, can you ;) And this is not saying that the tome will be full, surprise, of fluff, lots of it for Death and skeletons. Pity you don't pay fluff attention at all.

19. Malisteen

I was adamant that nothing should be expected until confirmed by photographic evidence. that was and remains my policy with gw.

20. Menkeroth

No, you were saying we would receive nothing this year without a doubt. Everything gets confirmed by evidences, surprisingly.

21. Menkeroth

Old box was repackaged, but look at the back!

Attached Files:

22. Borgnine

Borgnine Vampire Count True Blood

There goes my chances to get some skellies with square bases ;) Shame that it's still only 10 skeletons per box. But that 'Revenant Legions'? Are they renaming Deathrattle?

23. Menkeroth

Hard to say, maybe it's just a name for the Shadespire, or maybe a complete new faction?

24. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Ghoul

Didn't GW said that squared bases are still available? But you must (Afaik ) ask for them and pay

25. Borgnine

Borgnine Vampire Count True Blood

@Menkeroth The front still says 'Deathrattle', so it's rather confusing. Maybe it's just a fuffy title for the unit?

@Unas the slayer Well, of course I can buy them seperately - but having them already in the box was convenient, even if a only a little bit ;)