1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Army-Specific Tactics - Orcs & Goblins

Discussion in 'Army Specific Tactics' started by MasterSpark, Sep 25, 2009.

1. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

Hello,

This thread is for archiving the various tips, builds and strategies that can be of use when fighting Orcs and Goblins. This first post will periodically be updated to include the input that has been given in the thread.

Effective Tactics / Units to Use

Tactics / Units Not Recommended to Use

Enemy Items / Units / Tactics to Watch Out For

:siren:Note that this is not the place for in-depth discussion in regards to the advice that is shared. If you wish to debate on any specific topic, you're free to start up an independent thread in the main section of The Teachings of Abhorash instead.:siren:

Thank you. :)

2. Chaos_Born

Chaos_Born Master Necromancer True Blood

:siren:Out of Date Posts Deleted:siren:

3. Banat

Banat Varghulf

Thread Invocation of Nehek'd.

I've got a friendly tournament coming up in a month or two against some mates down in London and my best mate runs a Savage Orcs list.

Primary units include two big hordes of Savage Orcs, a giant, a boar boy chariot and a unit of boar boys (typically tends to run in Sevens). He has some other stuff as well but I can't remember off the top of my head what else he uses.

My main query was how to deal with those two huge blocks of Savage Orcs.

Any further tactics are bonus!

Many thanks,

Banat

4. DoctorDogmeat

DoctorDogmeat Zombie

Unless he's gone out of his way to put magic weapons in O&G cannot deal with ethereals. Savage orcs are frenzied, you put something infront of a frenzied unit so that if it charges, it overuns and shows its flank to one of your units, you charge it and should beat it. Giants are poor against VC. Most O&G units without black orcs also have to charge if they fail their animosity test, so you could possible work that to your advantage. Savage orcs will beat any of your T3 things unless they are 5 wide with some cairn wraiths or tough characters in.

5. Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Pirate Robot Ninja of Death Vampire Thrall

Beating savage orcs is just a matter of using dogs to redirect them off into nowhere, then dealing with them one at a time.

Run your dogs 2-wide to give them more maneuverability. This also allows you to angle them slightly to put the savages in their "flank." They will be forced to close the door to you, at an angle essentially 90* to where they were facing before, and directly away from where they need to be. They are frenzied so must overrun, putting them at least 2 turns away from being in any meaningful combat with you.

Alternatively they back up and try to shoot the dogs out of their way. But that's really not much better for them.

6. Banat

Banat Varghulf

So ethereals and dire wolves so far... hmmm kk. Might need some more wolves. Only have ten atm. Could do with a second box of ghosties for six in total, but I do have ten hexwraiths and three cairn wraiths and a banshee...