1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Background and Fluff Q & A - Need some help? Ask here!

Discussion in 'Liber Mortis' started by Mr Nightwere, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Mello

Mello Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum True Blood

AFAIK, no, being bitten by a vampire makes you his b*tch effectively. Having your blood drained from your body is just so damned good!

Wait..:frown:

2. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Agreed

I think the only effect having an unusually strong will would have would be to reduce the period of servitude although the willpower would have to be so strong that it did not erode away whilst the in the, to borrow Luc's phrasing, b*tch-like state.

3. Shareya

Shareya Vampire Count True Blood

Thank you! Though I did actually think about a pig x)

And I see and thought as much.Though I noticed in the books that the servants can still be oh so jealous if their Mistress/Master starts to give someone else 'too' much attention and might even end up running to a other vampire.

4. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

yeah, that happens. although it's unlikely to occur as in most circumstances there will either be very few vampires or there is a very very clear heirarchy so there'll be no bickering/ attempts to claim swains as it's too politically damaging

5. Shareya

I know vampires can not really consume elven blood well but...

What about dwarves? In the Neferata book the vamps hesitated with drinking dwarf blood at first because it had "stone" in it. Is it actually harmful?

6. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

There was a conversation about this recently. your answers can be found in here. It begins about just dragons blood but it moves on from that to about vampires tasting other blood.

7. Shareya

Can warhammer vampires feel any real 'heat'? I know that if you set a vamp on fire she will be hurt quite a bit but! In the Neferata/Nagash books it kept bouncing back and forth. At one point it stated that a vampire can feel a mortals bodyheat with ease ( touching, holding) then it jumped to stating that a vampire cant even feel any cold or warmth ( this was stated when Lahmians where bathing in almost boiling water).

8. Get of W'soran

I don't think there's a decided point, I think different black library books jump in what is "True".

I was under the belief that vampires could not feel cold or heat except for the extremes (like you said being set on fire and I suppose ice cold as well).

My memory is shaky on this but I believe there's a scene in Vampire Wars where the vampire(s) are in the snow and can't feel anything (Can't recall if it was Jerek or was it when Mannfred fought that dwarf).

Anyways I personally don't think they feel heat like we do.

9. Shareya

"Neferata" Practically started off with her and her handmaidens (and 1 guy!) waking up in the middle of nowhere, having taken shelter from the sun by sleeping under the snow and there again it stated it did not bother them as they do not feel the cold.

But ah well, maybe a mortals bodyheat is special x) Who knows!

10. Get of W'soran

Maybe its the blood just :rolleyes: who knows indeed!

11. Shareya

Speaking of blood. Vampire's blood is basically 'dead', yes? I very vaguely recall this being touched upon in a few books that if a vamp does not take care of her or his body ( bathing, using perfume etc) the...scent is just bad. Yes, more so then mortals if they dont bathe/etc!

12. Get of W'soran

I believe it was in Vampire Wars (but may have been another novel) that it stated that they smelt faintly of the grave but some vampires (a Lahmian maybe?) wore perfume.

Memorys abit hazy as I havn't re-read any of my Black Library Vampire novels in some time since most of them...well aren't wonderfully written :tongue:

As for their blood being dead, I think after they feed most of their blood is quite humanish (warm, pumping through their veins swiftly etc etc) but if they go without feeding for awhile it becomes dead (so if they get cut they bleed very slowly etc and it's probably cold as well by that point).

13. Shareya

Alright, that makes sense!

/question break for today, mostly because I sinned a bit and had a question answered by Lynks in the chat x)

14. Shareya

After doing a lot more reading ( finally stopped spamming the chat and forums ) it seems you can resist the after effects of the vampires bite for a while at least if you are strong willed enough and...well loathe the vampire. Reason why this almost never happens is because the ones who are allowed to live after the bite are also the ones who give up their blood willingly/happily so their fall to servitude is much quicker. Amusing.

15. Get of W'soran

Where's that from?

I havn't read anything about warhammer vamps in a while so I'm clueless about new novels and such :tongue:

16. Shareya

Gotrek & Felix - Vampireslayer.
    Fairly 'okey' book as it often enough jumps over to the Vampire side and explains how they see things.

17. Get of W'soran

Thank you! Havn't read that in a long long time.
    I'll need to get that, I lost most of my Gotrek & Felix books when I loved

18. Mello

The Magician's guild series. I good female protagonist in a male dominated place. Good moral dilemna's, and power play in this trilogy.

19. Get of W'soran

...whut? o_o

Are you talking about the Black Magician trilogy?
    ...That's not a warhammer book :O

20. Malochai

Malochai Moderator Staff Member True Blood

BLACK MAGICIAN TRILOGY! Anyway ...

21. Get of W'soran

My confusion aside it is awesome :tongue:

22. Mello

Yeah, that series. It isn't a warhammer book indeed. Bit of an awkward ending though :slapface:

Malus Darkblade series is pretty good too, good insight into DE

23. Get of W'soran

I understood that, I just didn't get why it was posted here, isn't it getting abit off topic?

Also now pushing to dangerously off-topic (so feel free to PM me the answer instead!) but what did you find awkward about the ending?

24. Mello

She was pregnant with someone she never married who died in a really silly embarassing way and gave his life for her?

AAAAAAH this isn't the novel thread.... back on topic!

What happens when a vampire is killed half way through the blood kiss. Does the swain slowly turn into a vampire? I'm mainly interested in ways someone could slowly turn into a vampire.

25. Get of W'soran

I believe as long as they have drank the vampire's blood then die they'll rise a vampire.

Since Jerek had his blood drank, Vlad spat his own unholy blood down the man's throat and hurled him of a tower.

Then he woke up in a grave.