1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Battlelines from sub factions

Discussion in 'Ethereal Edicts' started by Oppenheimer, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Someone at my store today said that because I was using flesh eater allegiance in order to make flayers battleline I can't have any of the death allegiance benefits (like artefacts and the death ward save).

Is that how you guys have been doing it?

If so, that makes the sub factions that don't have any of the new allegiance rules totally not worth it for the additional battleline.

2. ElectricPaladin

ElectricPaladin Skeleton

No. The Grand Alliance books clearly state that the benefits of the Grand Alliance are also available to any of the member factions.

3. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

See I'd love to agree there but it seems to say otherwise to me. I'm looking at page 156:

"When your army qualifies for more than one allegiance - e.g. all of the units are Order and Stormcast Eternal - you must choose which allegiance your army will use before each game. These restrictions aside, you can use allegiance abilities whenever and wherever you play your game if AoS"

4. Aranei

Aranei Ghoul

Errata:

Page 106 - Change the last paragraph to read:

(...)

"You must record the allegiance abilities for your army when the battle begins, before setting up your first unit. You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to."

5. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Ahhhhhhh! Errata for the win. Thanks so much!

6. ElectricPaladin

ElectricPaladin Skeleton

Thanks! I was being a bad teacher. Knowing I was right without showing my work!