1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

benvolio's Quest

Discussion in 'The Faces of Our Next Meal......' started by benvoliothefirst, Nov 10, 2016.

1. benvoliothefirst

benvoliothefirst Grave Guard

Hey all,

Wanted to start a separate thread from my vampire counts so I can showcase BattleMasters and Warhammer Quest-related stuff. Not sure if I've already showcased my frankenstein'd Minotaur here yet, so here goes, along with some WHQ night goblin archers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, there's more detailed photos and construction notes on my blog.

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  2. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

I remember that cool minotaur from here, so yes, you showcased him already - but the more plogs, the better ;) Goblins are also cool, so retro - long time I didn't see any of those. Also, cool pics on the blog - that Wight King with human's head is awesome! Great idea back there, even if somehow counterintutive to what we are doing here on CN usually xD

3. Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper Black Knight

4. benvoliothefirst

Thanks for the comments! I sidelined my Vampire Counts stuff to work on finishing my Warhammer Quest Set, pics will be up shortly of some almost-done orcs.

5. benvoliothefirst

[​IMG]

Orcs are done minus the bases, which will get replaced with clear acrylic ones once I complete the Warhammer Quest classic set. Also, if anyone has a bunch of Warhammer Quest skaven you're looking to get rid of, I seem to have lost mine... :)

More pics at my blog.

6. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@benvoliothefirst Those orcs have turned out nicely, the mixed skin tones work really well on them.

7. Borgnine

I dislike those old monopose models, but you did a fine job adding some variation the them - all the various skin tones are especially good looking on that unit. Multiculturalism! ;) Shields and tilted bows too, good work overall!

8. benvoliothefirst

ToBGP February: Gobbos/Snotlings

Thanks for the comments, you guys! Yeah, I felt like the big orcs needed a lot of variety to break them up. I was kinda dreading the smaller figs, especially the snotlings... stuff like this tends to kill my hobby itch FAST with all the repetition. I didn't get into quite so much variation with these guys, but you'll note the snotling in the middle has an axe lifted from a D&D figure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This painting challenge thing is making me more prolific than I've ever been and I love it!

9. Borgnine

Good job on them :) I like how you managed to 'save' that one gobbo's broken spear ;)