• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

darragh

Skeleton
Oct 10, 2011
wexford
as you no a lot of the monsters and creatures featured in warhammer have been based on real life legends or stories eg dragons pegasus i thought it would be interesting to go beyond the fluff and explore and pay homage to the stories that inspired the fluff and units we use in our games so i started a thread so that people could add their knowledge and learn about the real life legends il start an go beyond the fluff of our very own banshee the banshee is a traditional irish legend about a spirit said to follow people with irish surnames its said to emit an wail outside the home of said people notifying them that it a member of the family is about to die their is many variation to what the banshee actually is some say an evil fairy or a woman who has sold her soul to the devil she appears dressed in a flowing dress an long flowing hair that she constantly brushes this has spawned another myth that bringing home a comb found on the street will cause her to fly in to a rage an come to your home wailing at nightfall untill the comb is returned to her i can find some folktales about encounters with a banshee if anyone would be interested

The Archivist

Archivist of the word The
True Blood
Dwarves: based on the mimicing Kobalds of the Swedish miners and metal crafting dwarfs of norse mythology, dwarves are said to be master craftsmen. Often to be found inside large hummocks and mounds, they rarely interact with humans, hiding in their mines and working for the Norse gods. They are similar in temperament to humans, although all Norse legends involving them are focused on grumpy or greedy dwarfs. The Icelandic volcanos were believed to be evidence of their forges at work deep in the mountains.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu