1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tom-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Bloodline Special Characters

Discussion in 'Bloodline Armies' started by The Flaming Hand, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Jnr

Jnr Ghoul

I'm surprised that for a blood dragon special character Aborash never came up.

2. Trevy the Great

Trevy the Great Vampire Progenitor True Blood

Darkblossom: An interesting idea, but I don't see why being a socialite would make you run faster...

JnR: Abhorash has never been a special character for a reason. Fluffwise he is the most skilled swordsman in the entire Old World, and something like that would not work on the tabletop. That's why no 1st generation Special Characters are included - they'd be too powerful.

3. Capt Rubber Ducky

Capt Rubber Ducky Vampire Count True Blood

I have an idea for the Blood Dragon hero, how about Captin Leon of the Bloodkeep from the TVC, i think the character would work well as more of a leader (unliving legend etc) then just hitty hitty, thought should still be able to fight well in close combat as he is still a Blood dragon.

4. Darkblossom

Darkblossom Zombie

Vekarin, hmm, you'r right, that extra movement is indeed a bit odd...
    I guess that strange id was caused by a hickup of nostalgia. (probably caused by the memories of the old Lahmia power called 'The Dead Walk Fast' ;) )

I'm glad you seem to like the overall idea though.

5. Capt Rubber Ducky

I thought as we have a non blood keep Lord level special character, i'd have a go at making a hero level from the blood keep.

Leon
    Captain of the Blood keep

Ws Bs S T W I -A Ld
    -8--0-5-4-2-6-4-8

Equipment
    -Full Plate
    -Barded Nightmare
    -Finely crafted blade

Bloodline powers
    -Unliving Legend
    -Defender

Special Rules
    Finely crafted blade
    Thought not magical this blade has been forged so it is perfectly balanced.
    Great weapon, however the bearer doesn’t strike last while wielding it, the bearer may also choose to re-roll one dice when rolling to hit or wound. This is not a magic weapon.

Leon is the captin of the knights of the Blood keep, thus the knights follow his command to the letter of face the consequences
    Leon gains the Unliving Legend special rule, and may take a retinue of Blood knights.

The Fluff needs some work, i couldn't decide wether to give him a lance and shield in addition to his blade or wether to give him strength of steal

6. Ugrush

Ugrush Skeleton

I'm planning on trying out the Red Duke in a 4-5000p battle with blood dragon bloodline army list duing Easter, so I've added together a sum for point cost for the duke.

Vampire Lord Blood Dragon 205
    barded nightmare 10
    unliving legend 55
    master strike 45
    honour of death 20
    horsemaster 15
    red fury 50
    equiv. of sword of might 15
    re-roll failed Armor Saves 25
    infinited hatred 25
    lance formation 15
    magical distaste -10

totally this should be 470p

I am somewhat uncertain about taking anything for the lance formation and the magical distaste at all, but at the same time this is a mean character for 470p if you ask me. On the other hand, buying enough blood knights to fill a lance formation properly will be bloody expensive...

comments?

7. Crovax Accendant Evincar

Crovax Accendant Evincar Ghoul

Hey good work with the characters :) but I personaly think that Walach would
    make a better lord than the red duke,for one he was the lord of blood keep and he fits as one of abhorashs lieutenents sent out to test himself until proven worthy ( hence the slaughter at blood keep) as well as that he has already been a special char,just like zacharias,vlad etc.the red duke is powerfully granted,but from the feel of I got from walachs fluff from earlier material he would be older and more powerfull than the duke,who also due to his imprisoment for so long would be more feral and bloodthirsty for "noble combat" which involves honour (I know he was bretonian but recon he's probaly gone quite crazy after being in that crypt :) ) maybe it's just personal prefernce but I would prefer the leader of the blood dragons to be a bit more controlled and mentally sound :)

8. Capt Rubber Ducky

I would also have prefered walach but the majority choose the duke, I did suggest a hero (a captin of the blood keep) in walachs image, but nobody comented :(. Here he is again:

Leon

Ws 8/ Bs 0/ S 5/ T 4/ W 2/ I 6/ A 4/Ld 8

Equipment
    -Full Plate
    -Barded Nightmare
    -Finely crafted blade
    -Hand weapon
    -shield

Bloodline powers
    -Unliving Legend
    -Defender
    -Horse Master

Special Rules
    Finely crafted blade
    Thought not magical this blade has been forged so it is perfectly balanced.
    Great weapon, however the bearer doesn't strike last while wielding it, the bearer may also choose to re-roll one dice when rolling to hit or wound. This is not a magic weapon.

Leon is the captin of the knights of the Blood keep, thus the knights follow his command to the letter of face the consequences
    Leon gains the Unliving Legend special rule, and may take a retinue of Blood knights.

9. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

I like the character, unfortunately I've modelled a female Blood Dragon Castellan so I'll have to rename mine Leona... I've just stumbled on this thread, although the Bloodline cover looks amazing I haven't seen the contents yet, will have to have a look. I'd certainly approve of getting more Blood Knights into the list for particular scenarios! Would you consider dropping the bonus to +1S? Still spicy for a mundane weapon and you've still got a reason to have a lance.
    As far as special characters go, is there any reason they have to be vampires? I'm resurrecting some of my favourites such as Lord Falk, Renar the Necromancer andd The Banshee (restyled as The Harbinger) from Circle Of Blood, and how about an Igor type henchman or grotesque experiment for the Necrarchs, a fallen hero enthralled by a Lahmian, or a Sylvanian guard captain for the von Carsteins? With vampires being so powerful in general, we might need to look further afield for our Hero options?