1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Buildind my Lahmian army

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Mioum, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

I've never noticed how good your work on metal is. Vlad's sword is top notch.

3. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

@Adam_Barrow ; I must say that it's only like my 3rd time trying something special on a sword, so a bit normal that you didn't notice it before :tongue: The male Vampire back a few page and the Mantic Vampiress I painted a while back are the other test I made for some spiffy metal. Those two aren't as obvious because I still use metallic paint, and it reflect in pictures so the attempt at shading on it isn't as noticeable. I used a bit more wash on Vlad to mute the metal a bit more and turns out it came out well in pictures, in fact I think it's better in pictures than in the flesh :tongue:

4. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

@Mioum That is a great looking Vlad. Love the contrast on the cloak, and just the overall colour composition and painting.

Even better is Constant Drachenfels. Just awesome. Good job :thumbsup:

5. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Thanks @robtion !

I took a break after painted those few characters, but now I went back to painting and started another Mortarch, Walach on Dragon, so he should be done relatively soon! In fact the dragon is complete now, just need to finish the rider :)

robtion likes this.
  6. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Completed the model today, so here's Walach!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope those pics looks right for everyone. I have a new computer that came with a 4k screen, so things are quite different for me. Also working with Windows 10 instead of XP (yeah I know, I was quite behind for that :tongue:), so I have to adjust to quite a few new things!

7. Adam_Barrow

He cuts an impressive profile from the side especially. Very cool! That old Blood Dragon looks right at home on the High Elf saddle. Great work, I love this Mortarch project you're on lately.

8. ObliviJohn

ObliviJohn Vampire wood elf

Well done. I really like the bone tones on the dragon. Very clean stylistic look with red on white.

9. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Mioum The red of the armour looks really striking against the pale colours of the bone. I think the base could have used a little more attention though, as it's pretty big but seems quite bare. The mini itself is really nice, keep up the great work!

10. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Thanks everyone!

@Farmer7574 ; Yes it quite bare, I didn't put much though on the base honestly :D Since it's a model I made mostly for fun and that I might just use once in an actual game, didn't felt like going the extra miles for the base. But I have some rock spire thingy from the real Zombie Dragon kit, might see if I can use them there to add a little something.

11. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

How about that base now ? :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

robtion and Sessioni like this.
  12. Farmer7574

@Mioum Looking good! The rocks help break up the large open areas of grass.

13. Adam_Barrow

Nailed it. Loads better.

14. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Long time ago I wondered if there's a skeleton dragon mini suitable for a vampire to ride - I guess this answers my questions ;) The monochrome dragon, along with the dry-looking terrain make for a nice background that makes the rider pop out more. Very good job there!

And as others have already said, the base really benefits from the added stones :thumbsup:

15. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Thanks Borgnine. I looked hard to find a good skeletal dragon, managed to find 3-4 models that looked right, and ended up choosing this one as it was one of the cheapest. The size impressed me so I'm very pleased with my choice, although the others looked nice too, just more expensive.

I also like the contrast of the dragon and rider, simple and effective I think :)

16. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

The Queen of my army finally done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

der vued and El Syf like this.
  17. Borgnine

Brilliant as usual :) Those green edges on the armor and skirt are terrific! I also very much like the blending on the ghosts and the accents on the bony abbysal in the form of claws. A very well done queen :thumbsup:

18. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

Nice looking mini. The black and green looks great as usual. :thumbsup:

19. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Thanks guys!

20. Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper Black Knight

A Fantastic paint job good sir! The green and black really go together.

21. Farmer7574

@Mioum Beautiful work. She's turned out really well.

22. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Finished my Colossus this week! I won't repost all pictures here, you can find more in this thread.

But you can see him beside Neferata :

[​IMG]

Ol'timer, GOLAN and Borgnine like this.
  23. Borgnine

This is probably the most impressive thing that graced this forum xD It's sweet seeing a centerpiece Neferata being dwarfed as much as she dwarfs the skeleton. The sense of mass he shows, that terrific! Especially this stone leg he's draggin on the ground, preparing to lift it - i love this little piece! The details, the overall work, the conversion, the painting :thumbsup: A great example of creativity for everyone here!

24. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Thanks Borgnine! He's the tallest model I've ever made (and probably won't be topped off!), he'll dwarf anything on the the table until a friend try to one-up me :tongue:

25. Farmer7574

@Mioum That colossus has turned out really well - and it's insanely tall! I'd forgotten about it until checking your plog.