1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Cabbages in the barrows.

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Devour the Cabbage, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Devour the Cabbage

Devour the Cabbage Ghoul

Feels weird to be setting a plog without a solid, set idea but sod it, thought I'd go for it none the less, and just to mess it up even moreso I'm starting with an unfinished conversion. And hoping for some critisism and ideas on how to continue it, I myself think hat details are needed and my green stuffing needs some work.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. Devour the Cabbage

Devour the Cabbage Ghoul

And heres a couple of attempts at colour schemes. Digging the skele and vamps ones over the mounted vamp myself but may partially be down to the mounted vamp being flat base coats mostly.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

von Rosentod likes this.
  3. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Devour the Cabbage I actually like the hat as it is, she comes across as some kinda witch - pretty unique! Awesome skeleton colour scheme you have there, the dirty green reads really well with undead.

4. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

The scythe woman is SO extremely Dark Souls style, it almost hurts seeing her not rolling around and firing soul darts at foes :happy: ...with other words, I love her! Also the female vamp on foot is coming along nicely,.the colours are a cool mix of freshly outta the grave and a rest of brightness. Very cool!

5. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

As it was already said, that woman with a scythe and a hat is just awesome! The hat seems a bit too wide for her head and the elbow is a bit long, but those are rather minor and the idea still holds on well. I wouldn't personally add any details to the hat, it could become too busy. As for the schemes - I will always vote for the green one (that skellie is great) but the grey one really fits the vampiress. Why not both? ;)

6. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

This is really impressive modelling and I like the initial colours that you have chosen. I'm really looking forward to seeing how these projects develop.

7. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Very nice! Full of character.

8. Devour the Cabbage

Devour the Cabbage Ghoul

Righto managed to redo the arm but wasn't confident enough to try thin out the hat just incase. But I'm happy with the results so far, as before any ideas or criticism would be appreciated.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Devour the Cabbage Great work on your choice of colours and, as already mentioned, she's got lots of character. The witch's hat, the scythe, the orange & black leggings - even the purple flowers on the base are all really great choices in your modeling/painting which has given you a really unique miniature here.

Spot on with this one mate!

10. Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper Black Knight

Such a cool mini friend! So full of character. I also like the red armor on the other vampire!

11. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

She turned out mighty fine - and her arm does look a lot better :) I basically second Farmer's post, you did a very good job on her