• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Xavier Darkmoon

Skeleton
Apr 14, 2008
Apeldoorn
I need some help, currently i'm writing the background for my army. It is about House of Darkmoon. And now i want to know if vampires can have kids? Because currently my background includes the daughter of my general (Xavier Darkmoon). But before i continue i want to know if they even can have children according to existing background.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
I don't believe so as they are basically walking corpses, biologically being dead and such
I might be wrong though, Warhammer vampires might be different but in all the vampire fiction I have read its not possible.

Simon von Carstein

The Poetic Fiend
True Blood
Feb 25, 2008
Basingstoke or Nexeternus
As far as I know the nearest a vampire can get to having children is by siring its gets or in laymans terms making a person into a vampire. For instance my vampire's get is his daughter as well as his lover.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Simon von Carstein said:
As far as I know the nearest a vampire can get to having children is by siring its gets or in laymans terms making a person into a vampire. For instance my vampire's get is his daughter as well as his lover.

Yep opens up a whole new look on incest :grin:

Maxim Von Carstein

Vargheist
Sep 13, 2007
I dont think it would be possible but, this is warhammer so you never know ... remember your vampire could always of had children before he/she was given the blood kiss, and that it can give them the Blood kiss is turn.
~MvC

Jan 24, 2008
Winnipeg
I can't remember where, but in some cultures, stories told that if a Vampire made love with a mortal woman, the woman clould possibly give birth to a mortal vampire (required blood to survive and clould be killed normally)

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Dec 23, 2007
Eire
Makes perfect sense now!

And I think vampires can't have kids because, seeing as they haven't got any blood circling through their veins, meaning that "he can't get it up". *hardy laugh*
Poor guy, cursed to live forever like that :(

as for female vamps, i have no idea, so I'll say they can't either

puggimer

Grave Guard
Oct 24, 2007
Dayton OH
It actually all depends on which vampire stories you are reading. There have been some vampires that have had kids (I just re-read the entire "Preacher" graphic novels, and Cassidy, the Irish hard-drinking vampire, states he has several), but in general the bite of a vampire replaces sex. In Chelsea Quinn Yarborough's Count St. Germain stories male vampires are impotent (again the bite replaces sex), probably for the reasons mentioned above, but female ones are not, so most likely could have kids. Of course the crappy Van Helsing movie (cool effects, horrible plot) had Dracula creating vampire eggs of all things.

One thing to remember, before receiving the Blood Kiss and becoming a vampire, there are no restrictions - so use that in your fluff. The vamp passed the kiss down to his natural children - making an entire immortal vampire family (think "Lost Boys").

Baslakor

Wight King
May 7, 2008
Tomb of Berkel
If my memory serves me well (and often it doesn't) then the Strigoi is a living vampire, which is able to produce children (the Moroi, it's death counterpart can't). Note however that the Romanian Strigoi is a total different thing then the Warhammer Strigoii.

However, most vampires (and sometimes the Strigoi too) are not able to create children, at least, not in the way mortals do it. Many of the organs that a vampire has, have become useless since his 'embrace'.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
COUNTFALCOR said:
you have to be alive to make sperm

Well as there are no records of dissected vampires you wouldn't know whether this bit of kit would be working or not. If other muscles and other parts of the vampires 'dead' body work it is reasonable to assume there is a possibility of his part working.........

..........and as many others know MY vampires can still get involved in this activity.........vigorously so....

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Baslakor said:
If my memory serves me well (and often it doesn't) then the Strigoi is a living vampire, which is able to produce children (the Moroi, it's death counterpart can't). Note however that the Romanian Strigoi is a total different thing then the Warhammer Strigoii.

Well in local myths male strigoi were known to come back "to lay with their women".

As I see it warhammer vampires and most other fictional counterparts simply cannot get children. Not only because they are dead but also because vampirism is a curse that makes them immortal but forever sets them apart from the living; unable to truly live as a mortal does or create life themselves.
It would also be a problem being born as a vampire seeing that vampires do not age or change in any way.

Vukasin

Zombie
Jun 16, 2008
Is there any form of Vampire mentioned in Warhammer Fluff being a half-vampire, not fully blooded?,
I was contemplating this for a story I am writing set in the Warhammer World and am unsure, your
thoughts?

RavenMane

Zombie
Aug 26, 2008
Where you least expect...
I remember that in liber necris it states that there are many ways for one to become a vampire. First was to be BORN as one, the second is the elixir of immortality (which was destroyed) and then there is the blood kiss. (can't remember if there were more). But i think this leaves very little to ask about, am i right?

Prince_Urial

Zombie
Oct 28, 2008
in the the vampire Genevieve, Genevieve tell Detlef that vampire's cant have children and that the closest they can is giving the dark kiss

curryoflife

Skeleton
Sep 13, 2008
New Jersey
I don't know if its possible in the Warhammer world. But you can always have a vampire steal a baby, then raise it as its own, and when its old enough and worthy enough he bestows the blood kiss on it... then there's no inconsistencies with fluff, as anyone can raise a baby, as long as they don't try to eat it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu