1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Carpe Noctem Donation

Discussion in 'Grave News' started by Disciple of Nagash, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Perverted Greetings to you all xD

For some time now Carpe Noctem has been on the up and up. More visitors, more ideas and the community is just growing and getting better and better!

However most of you don't know there are actually costs involved behind the scenes. For example CN is not hosted on a free or low cost host due to their poor service, but on a host which costs a bit more, but provides fantastic reliability and support.

There are also other things such as custom upgrades which are coming soon which also incur additional costs.

Now currently I quite happily pay these costs myself. It gives me great pleasure to see CN thrive and its members happy. However after thinking I thought that many members would perhaps like to help out, and so I installed a paypal donation page, which can be found here:

Carpe Noctem Donation Page

If you can help out I would very much appreciate any donations, big or small. All donations will go ONLY to the upkeep and upgrades for Carpe Noctem, they will not be used for anything personal at all.

I would however like to stress that it is not mandatory nor expected. I don't want to single out people who have or haven't. Therefore there are no "extras" for donating, other than of course the satisfaction knowing you have help CN, and of course my undying perverted gratitude.

Finally to those who are worrying, regardless of donations, the site will continue on!

Thank you for your time.

Disciple of Nagash

EDIT: I would also like to note that this is in no way an indication of money troubles. There will not be any pestering or adverts etc in the future!

2. Trevy the Great

Trevy the Great Vampire Progenitor True Blood

I donated $20! Everyone should do the same, DoN shouldn't be alone in paying for a service that we all enjoy!

We love you, DoN, and remember not to spend the money on ball-gags and cheap prostitutes! :D

3. Goggalor

Goggalor Necromancer

Don't spend it on cheap prostitutes, the moderately priced ones carry less diseases. Donated

4. Disciple of Nagash

Wow - that is a huge help guys. Thank you PM's sent. I really appreciate it :thumbsup:

5. Onikaigo

Onikaigo Vampire Lord True Blood

Hrm. I'll send money after I balance my books. Great idea!

And an even better idea about the moderate priced prostitutes. I always go for the expensive ones. Better pay for what I want, eh? ;)

6. Santawraith

Santawraith Moderator Staff Member True Blood

We can provide a donation 20 once a month right out of the ebay store, I love this sight and more then happy to help whatever way I can.

Ps if spent on anything kinky or sexual please provide pictures so we all can enjoy it.

7. Disciple of Nagash

I have just recieved a donation from Coyote - PM sent.

Oni - whatever you can do is appreciated, however please make sure it doesn't inconvenience you in any way if you are having trouble balancing those books ;)

Santawraith - that is very very generous of you. Especially to say you can do it once per month! I am just more than happy for any help you can give, whenever you can give, so don't feel tied to it. :)

8. Santawraith

Santawraith Moderator Staff Member True Blood

It is the least I can do for such wonderfully supportive people who help refine my painting skills.

9. ChaosJedi666

ChaosJedi666 Black Knight

Wow, sort of curious what will happen to the left-over funds after the bills, etc, are paid.
    I donated. Agree with Santawraith, its the least we can do.

10. Disciple of Nagash

Well at the moment the hosting costs a fair bit, and some of the upgrades are being done by a proper coder to ensure they work properly and there are no security vulnerabilities, all which are quite expensive.

However in the event that donations keep on coming in after that, we I will either look at other upgrades and improvements, or I can secure our host for a longer period of time etc. The money will go a long way to making CN the best site around xD

@ ChaosJedi - PM sent

11. Disciple of Nagash

Donation page reactivated :thumbsup:

12. Disciple of Nagash

Well I've even had a guest make a donation (yes guests you can donate xD) Thank you very much and sign up so I can PM you a thank you!

I am really happy with the donations xD For those who are wondering we do not yet have "excess" funds as ChaosJedi mentioned, there are still many costs so if you want to contribute then it is still very much appreciated :thumbsup:

13. Disciple of Nagash

Hi Guys,

Firstly I am very pleased to advise that our hosting is now paid up for the year, as well as the protection on the vampirecounts.net domain! The donations received went a good way towards to the final amount, which made it a lot easier on me as I only had to make up the shortfall.

Upgrades

There are some major upgrades in the planning, some of which are nearing completion. These include:

CN’s Chat system. Whilst the core feature was ready earlier this year it required integration with another upgrade.

Zombie Shop. This will be used to purchase various fun things with your zombie points, including access to certain areas.

WFO System. I decided to go one step further with CN’s WFO system as some members already know. I won’t spoil the surprise (and no I am not about the dice roller either), but it will make the system a lot easier and fun to use.

Army List Creator. A mod for the army list forum which will provide a standard layout, total points (which are input by the user so no copyright issues), blank out individual points costs, provide percentage calculations etc.

So I hope you will all enjoy these features. I will note that these features are being paid for as many of them are custom things made only for CN, plus they are being stringently checked for security.

Due to the upgrade costs if anyone would like to donate and help, I would still very much appreciate it.

Cheers

DoN

14. desfer

desfer Necromancer

i donated, not much cause i didnt have more in my prepaid card, ill give some more next time i load it xD i am very satisfied with this forum, users are very friendly and helpfull, so giving a small amount of money whenever i can is the least i can do. Thank you guys xD xD

15. Disciple of Nagash

PM sent! Any amount is welcome and is put to good use. I am glad you are enjoying the forum as well :thumbsup:

16. lord marcus

lord marcus Vampire Count True Blood

Quick question mate. Is the army list creator for WFB only or could it be used for, say, KoW?

17. Disciple of Nagash

It is designed with WHFB, I am not familiar with KoW rules.

18. Nikos

Nikos Vampire Count True Blood

All done, Sorry it took me so long, I didnt have paypal before, must avoid temptation to buy more crap xD

19. Disciple of Nagash

Thank you so much - PM sent! :thumbsup:

20. Count Lasombra

Count Lasombra Vampire Count True Blood

You have my support.:thumbsup:

21. Disciple of Nagash

Thank you! PM Sent :thumbsup:

22. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

I've finally drawn my straw to the stack and donated another $20.00 to CN's cause. Sorry for the wait. :redface:

23. Disciple of Nagash

No need to say sorry MS. PM Sent.

24. Onikaigo

Onikaigo Vampire Lord True Blood

I can donate! I recently came into a chunk of cash, and I haven't done anything stupid with it yet.

I wanna donate so I can do something smarter than japanese Massage Parlors!

25. Disciple of Nagash

Donations are always welcome Oni. :thumbsup: