• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Welcome one and all to the Carpe Noctem Forum Awards 2011!

As introduced last year, these awards are to recognise the hard work and contributions many members have put in over the year. It's a great to to show people appreciation and thank you if they previously helped or inspired you.

I am going to make this as easy possible. Below this post is another post with the different categories. Simply click on Quote button on that post, type the members name next to the category (you don't have to put something in every category if you don't know), and then click reply. Simple.

I will then collect the results here. Those names that are posted the most will win an medal for their profile, as well as 100 Zombies.

Catergories

I will provide a brief description of the Categories here:

• Best Overall: This is for the one poster that sticks out in your mind, maybe someone who has consistently helped you, gone beyond what you would normally expect etc.
  • Tactical: This encompasses everything from answering rules queries, giving advice on army lists etc - who has helped you out the most?
  • Painting Log: The name says it all, who has a painting log(s), which have inspired you, that you have followed in awe. The only stipulation is that the log has to have been active this year.
  • Best Painting and Modelling Advice: Who has been the one to answer your painting and modelling needs?
  • Fiction: Which persons stories have inspired you, backgrounds of their character made you think? This does not include the roleplays!
  • Best Roleplayer: Finally, who do you feel has been the best roleplayer? Who has given their all, constantly posted, and spurred others to do the same?

Now everyone....get posting!

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Oh right, it's time for this now again! This'll be as hard if not harder than the last one to find straight answers for..

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2010
Plymouth
Oooh....tricky, but here I go...

Best overall - Boo as he is always encouraging and helpful in questions and plogs and generally a good egg.

Painting log - Wolf Fang for his Skaven plog, Its awesome, totally made me change my opinon on the skaven which I used to hate.

Painting advice - Mr Satarday as he always has a good answer to questions I have posed.

Fiction - Bartel for his various excellent stories.

The other catergories I dont really use so cant really comment. I would like to say everyone on this forum from the excellent mods to the great posters is incredibly nice and helpful and deserves a big pat on the back for making it what is. Huzzah!

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I think I've nailed down two so far, so I'll put them in this post and subsequently update it with further entries.

Best Overall: Disciple of Nagash.
Tactical: Danceman, although it's a close race between a couple of members.
Painting Log: Redarmy27. He's brilliant in this department, it's as simple as that.
Best Painting and Modelling Advice: Inconclusive. I really don't visit this section enough..
Fiction: Boo.
Best Roleplayer: Sweeney Todd.

The Pale Lady

Black Knight
Jul 6, 2008
Disciple of Nagash said:
  • Best Overall: This is for the one poster that sticks out in your mind, maybe someone who has consistently helped you, gone beyond what you would normally expect etc. Vasiel
  • Tactical: This encompasses everything from answering rules queries, giving advice on army lists etc - who has helped you out the most?
  • Painting Log: The name says it all, who has a painting log(s), which have inspired you, that you have followed in awe. The only stipulation is that the log has to have been active this year.
  • Best Painting and Modelling Advice: Who has been the one to answer your painting and modelling needs?
  • Fiction: Which persons stories have inspired you, backgrounds of their character made you think? This does not include the roleplays! Get of W'soran
  • Best Roleplayer: Finally, who do you feel has been the best roleplayer? Who has given their all, constantly posted, and spurred others to do the same?

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
uglybug said:
what no best spammer?

I know, it's a shame isn't it.

Painting Log: santawraith - I think we've all been following this epic log. He's done so much, and deserves it. Also, I think special mention to untitled_musketeer - if he'd done more of his plogs, I would've been hard stuck to choose. But awesome nevertheless!

Roleplayer: Sweeny Todd - Even if good old Toddy isn't doing something relatively epic, his character is still strongly conveyed and, to the point, epicly roleplayed. Good job sir, I hope that you continue to stun me with these posts of yours.

Tactical: danceman - I must agree here, whenever there's a tactics thread, danceman will shed light on it, regardless of what the subject is, he will show a new perspective and change everyone's views. Also, what he posts is always built on solid foundations, as the integrity of what he says is unbreakable. You cannot argue back against what he says.

I might vote for the others later... but that's all for now. Good luck to everyone.

So far I've got 2. Any others come to mind I'll just update this post.

Best Overall: In the end, DoN doesn't get my vote on this one. He probably should, but there is another member who I see all over the place whose posts I really enjoy reading, as he always seems to be a cheery guy ready to give advice or just joke about. Sor for making the forum a nice place to be, I give this to MasterSpark.
Tactical: N/A
Painting Log: I have a couple in mind for this, I'll have to think about it more.
Best Painting and Modelling Advice: N/A
Fiction: This one was very hard as I was torn between Nikostratus and Bartel; both of whom have written excellent stories. In the end though the variety of short stories he's written wins out, so I have to go for Bartel.
Best Roleplayer: As I only RP in the Gunhearts this one may not be an entirely fair reflection on other members Role-Playing contributions, so apologies in advance. This one was also close, as there are 2 people in particular who's posts I always enjoy reading, but in the end it was his contribution to keep the Gunhearts progressing in their most recent incarnation that decided me. I vote for Anilar.

Dogmar

Varghulf
Aug 3, 2010
I'm still struggling with some hard decisions, but here is what came to my mind so far:

Best overall: Really, it's hard not to nominate DoN so I'll do so as well.

Best tactical advice: Danceman, for being very patient when it comes to 40k beginner discussions.

Best painting log: (Either Redarmy27 for just being awesome, or Wolf Fang for showing that skaven can actually look good.) My definitive vote in this section goes to Redarmy27 here. I hope you don't mind, Wolfie. Your work is awesome and I had a really tough fight with myself making this decision but Redarmy27's p-log just stood out with awesome commission masterpieces for Nos and some nice tutorials thrown in. I've always enjoyed following both logs and I feel I should mention both of my favourites here: Cheers Jake and Wolife!

Best painting and modelling advice: (hard fight between u_m and redarmy here...mhhh) I think I have to vote for untitled_musketeer here. Your help on NMM and your generally constructive comments gave me a lot of the inspiration I needed for my painting log. Thank you for that. I still have to thank Jake a lot for his help, too, cheers mate! This again was a really hard decision for me.

Edit: Paragraphs with definitive votes added!

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
Jul 26, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
  • Best Overall: This is really hard. DoN puts in so much effort, and all of the To War! Moderators are really helpful. I'm going to need some time to think about this one.
  • Tactical: _Revan_. Has anyone else read his Necromancer tactica? He put a huge amount of effort into that post, and I've made much use of it in my list building.
  • Painting Log: RedArmy27 There are just so many beautiful models that I've watched take shape in his log. He's the clear choice.
  • Best Painting and Modelling Advice: RedArmy27. I've taken so much inspiration from what he's created, and I've read all of his painting guides. My Skeletons would still be little grey pieces of plastic without him.
  • Fiction: I don't think I read the fiction section enough to offer an opinion here.
  • Best Roleplayer: SweeneyTodd. You've just got to love his posts. His writing style is fantastic.

I don't really get around much of the forum so I'm not sure about the tactical or the roleplayer but heres mine :
Best overall : Onikaigo , I don't know why but his posts always stick out in my mind .
Painting log : Santawraith for the shear amount of great models he can pump out .
Painting advice : RedArmy27 . I'm just not patient enough to take any tips that he may give out .
Roleplay : The only one that I've read was the VAU and I liked SweeneyTodd's character so he gets my vote .

katerror

Skeleton
Sep 29, 2010
Athens
Disciple of Nagash said:
Welcome one and all to the Carpe Noctem Forum Awards 2011!

I'm relative new to this forum so without wanting to hurt anyone's feelings i will just vote for painters ;)
[*]Tactical: Do not know
[*]Painting Log: dimihamuzu
[*]Best Painting and Modelling Advice: red army
[*]Fiction:Do not know
[*]Best Roleplayer: Do not know :)

Skarsnik the Lord

Crypt Horror
May 1, 2010
Finland
  • Best Overall:
  • Tactical: Danceman
  • Painting Log: Redarmy27
  • Best Painting and Modelling Advice: Redarmy27
  • Fiction:
  • Best Roleplayer:

There's my list. :) I can't comment on roleplaying or fiction, as I've never read anything about them (I'm not interested in roleplay) and best overall is a bit too hard to answer...

- Cheers, Skarsnik. :thumbsup:

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
Best Overall: MasterSpark. Without him, we'd be a lot poorer for it.
Tactical: Forge. Straight to the point and solid advice.
Painting Log: Dogmar's painting log

Best Painting and Modelling Advice: ---
Fiction: ---
Best Roleplayer: ---

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
I've only been here half the year so I won't comment.

Best overall I'd say DoN for the amount of time he puts into this place, on the forum and behind the scenes. I know how much effort it is, especially as he has a family.

gkgnight

Ghoul
Mar 2, 2010
Hmm..... i'd have to say this for overall:

Best overall - Masterspark, he's definetaly helped me out with all my ba-zillion questions.
Tactical - Masterspark :)

Valdiroth

Skeleton
Nov 16, 2010
[* said:
Best Overall:
[*]Tactical: _Revan_ his necromancer thread was truly amazing.
[*]Painting Log: Redarmy27 this guy inspires me to paint after seeing his logs! Just incredible.
[*]Best Painting and Modelling Advice: Redarmy27
[*]Fiction:
[*]Best Roleplayer:

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
first off Id like to thank the kind words about my work. it makes a heart light with joy too see what others think of you. now back to topic.

Best Overall: This is for the one poster that sticks out in your mind, maybe someone who has consistently helped you, gone beyond what you would normally expect etc. This one would be boo for me as he has again and again helped with advice and is always there willing to help.

Painting Log: The name says it all, who has a painting log(s), which have inspired you, that you have followed in awe. The only stipulation is that the log has to have been active this year. Redarmy27 for he is truely inspiring though this one was a hard choice.

Best Painting and Modelling Advice: Who has been the one to answer your painting and modelling needs? This was another hard one as two people are the most help so as I already said boo for best overall Count Lasombra (think I spelled that right) for he has a sick preverted sense of humor that helps on so many conversions.

Dec 8, 2010
hmmm its hard for me i havent had a account that long but ill try my best.... here we go these o are the posters i have chosen:

Best Overall: This is for the one poster that sticks out in your mind, maybe someone who has consistently helped you, gone beyond what you would normally expect etc. hmmmm well i cant think of anyone to be honest cause everyone has been very helpful
Tactical: This encompasses everything from answering rules queries, giving advice on army lists etc - who has helped you out the most?
hmmm probs MasterSpark because Master has done quite a few things for me one of them is posting something on my threads xD but also Master told me what my army list was like... and Master has just been very helpful so i say thank you MasterSpark.
Painting Log: The name says it all, who has a painting log(s), which have inspired you, that you have followed in awe. The only stipulation is that the log has to have been active this year. i dont really know about this one i havent been on many painting threads....
Best Painting and Modelling Advice: Who has been the one to answer your painting and modelling needs? again i dont know cause i havent put up any modelling or painting threads up so yh i dont know...
Fiction: Which persons stories have inspired you, backgrounds of their character made you think? This does not include the roleplays! im not very good at this voteing thing... again i dont know i feell terrible lol...
Best Roleplayer: Finally, who do you feel has been the best roleplayer? Who has given their all, constantly posted, and spurred others to do the same?Disciple of Nagash your always on and i think your threads are great!

well there we go im sorry if there are other people out there who should go in the catagorys i havent put anyones name in but i just dont know.

Ghormenghast

Skeleton
Dec 9, 2010
I've only been a member of CN for roughly two weeks, so I don't know how much
weight my nominations will have, but I'll put my two cents in.

Overall- Masterspark. His posts have been really helpful.

Tactical- Onikaigo. Interesting take on things.

Painting Log- Dogmar. Dedication.

P&M Advice- Boo

Fiction & roleplay- Haven't messed with it.

untitled_musketeer

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 9, 2010
Huddersfield
My nominations are as follows:

Overall - (Can we vote for DoN or are his contributions part of his remit as admin?) Overall, I'm gonna vote for Boo. He sticks ut in my mind for his tireless efforts to benefit and better the forum. His contributions are invaluable to the CN community.

Tactical
- I don't frequent this part of the site often enough to comment!

Painting Log - It has to be Wolf Fang for his 'IoB Skaven: Clan Starbuck Plog'. I know I'm not the only one in awe of this army. It's one thing to have a few display pieces, but to have an entire army painted to such an amazing standard requires skill and dedication. Wolfie, you have inspired many!

Painting & Modelling Advice - This is really hard. I just wish I could give two! RedArmy27 - Jake is always on hand to provide well thought about and incredibly useful painting advice. He has helped numerous painters (myself included) become better thorugh his comments and criticisms. Jake, I take my hat off to you!

Fiction & roleplay - I don't frequent this part of the site often enough to comment!

A Special Mention - So many people have helped me improve and perfect my painting since joining the forum, one of whom is Dogmar. Thanks for all your comments, constructive criticims and painting advice. Cheers Dogmar!

Thanks to all who contribute to this wonderful forum. I may have not yet been swyaed to the dark arts of the VC but this is one of the best forums for painting and modelling advice I've come across. Keep up the hard work one and all!

u_m

Kimo-san

Zombie
Oct 30, 2010
Copenhagen
Tactical : _Revan_ for his outstanding work on the vampire counts magic phase.
Painting : Redarmy27

Well thats all folks havent been around to much yet ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu