1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Carpe Noctem's Official Battle Log

Discussion in 'Legacies of Blood' started by wildcard, May 6, 2009.

1. MrD

MrD Zombie

1) Warriors of Chaos
    2)2000/3000
    3) Major Win
    4) Long story short, a few hours after I won he called and congratulated me becuaes he screwed up. He fought me with a 3000pt army. I gotta say i feel pretty good. My first time out of the gates and i whoop all over an experienced player with a sizeable point advantage. Thankyou Lords of the dice for smiling on the Darkness of Undeath.

2. theangels77

theangels77 Skeleton

3000pt VC v TK.... Obliteration
    So Last night a TK army thought they could Dethrone the VC as the number 1 undead force in the Old World... Twas not to be as VC Triumphed. In the end it was a Major Victory with the 5 Blood and the 10 Black Knights causing all sorts of carnage on the left hand side of the Battle and Mr Terrorgheist Destroying everything on the right. My Blood and Black knight Combo took out 9 Chariots and the General on Chariot in the 1st turn, The Bloods then went onto killing 4 Tomb Kings Carrion and then 1 Tomb Kings Tomb Scorpion. They then focused their next charge against the Tomb Kings Casket of Souls killing it. Alas the casket of souls did kill three of my Blood knight when it popped but by then the game was won. Terrogheist destroyed a unit of Ushabti with Great Bows, Bone Giant and 2 Necropolis Knights. My general did get into a one on one brawl with a Necrosphinx but he was guarded by 50 skellies in a Horde. My general did buy it in the end but not before reducing the Necrosphinx to a Bubbling mass of desert goo... Boo Yah... VC Triumph and Reign supreme as the lords of the undead....

3. Wishbone

Wishbone Skeleton

All right just played my first game with my new list concept ( Only magic are IoN spamming but with a dragon in 2500)

1) dwarf ( gun line)
    2) 2500
    3) major win (2400 to 226)
    4) Wasn't so much of a funny or memorable moment but made us laugh, last combat round of the game, after the vamp lord on dragon killed a whole 9 units choked and loss combat to a war machine crew didn't die and didn't affect the game but I can tell you he has chosen to paint that crew based on my colour scheme.

4. Wishbone

Wishbone Skeleton

Just had another game with the same list but this time was facing a plague list with lord skrog, 2 hellpit abomination and 2 big units of plague monks with plague furnace with the few extra units, anyway, here for the battle log:

1) skaven
    2) 2500
    3) major win (2k ish to 40)
    4) yes. That score above is right, couldn't be bothered counting how much I got, all he had left was the two hellpits which had been tied up the whole game with our favourite tar pit (zombies) and the only unit he killed were 5 dire wolves. The moral of the story, zombies are awesome :)
    ( granted I rezed up an average of 35 zombies per units per turn :D )

5. Chaos_Born

Chaos_Born Master Necromancer True Blood

Holy crap! How did you manage that?!

6. Wishbone

Wishbone Skeleton

3 lvl1 caster and unholy lodestone and a shit loads of luck ;)

7. hinaelark

hinaelark Zombie

Since the new book came out I've managed to get in four games, all of which have been against two different ogre players (one I seem to have good luck against, the other I have horrible luck against. The games alternate between the two people.)

1) Ogres
    2) 3000
    3) Win - Massacre
    4) two hordes of asf regenerating ghouls poisoned their way through the ogres. The ogre list was smaller units of ogres (6-8) with a couple of large blocks of gnoblars that got taken out by wraiths and black knights. By the end of the game 1 unit of ghouls and a necromancer died (total of about 450 pts) and my opponent's side of the board was cleared.

1) ogre kingdoms
    2) 3000
    3) Loss - Massacre
    4) Ogre deathstar and cannon made short work of the ghouls. The player had watched my first game and asked for the match against the same army as the first game.

1) Ogres
    2) 3000
    3) Win - Major
    4) Back to the player from game 1, he brought a deathstar list this time but we ended up playing a capture the tower scenario and i won the roll to place a unit in the tower. 20 ghouls in the tower held it all game against gnoblars and leadbelchers. Deathstar was killed by a lord on a coven throne with the sword of anti heroes, red fury, and quickblood. The charge from the coven throne contacted 3 characters and the ogres didn't stand up well to str8 attacks

1) ogre kingdoms
    2) 3000
    3) Loss - Major
    4) Back to the player from game 2. Another ogre deathstar list. This time I didn't take the coven throne but tried out a dual mortis engine list with great weapon gg. One mortis engine got popped by a cannon ball first round and the gg died to the star in two combat rounds. A couple of funny things that happened though, a 5ct unit of dire wolves got a flank charge on three mournfang and did a wound, the mournfang answered with all 1's and 2's for return attacks and then failed their leadership and ran from the wolves, and some asf (from corpse cart) skeletons managed to put 11 wounds into a unit of ogres that charged them.

8. propervillanz

propervillanz Skeleton

1)High Elves
    2)2800 w/a 400 Monster/Magic option
    3)Win-Massacre
    4)Teclis breaking concentration twice while using the Lore of Fire, and my two units of Vargheists passing no less than 3 Frenzy Checks a piece, oh and the look on my opponents face when he killed my General only to have him spring back to life a full strength.

9. Legion

Legion Ghoul

1) Dwarfs
    2) 1500
    3) Minor Victory
    4) Crypt horrors passed their first 5 regen tests while the varghulf failed to make a single save on a better regen save.

10. robtion

robtion Vampire Thrall

2 games vs same player who is experienced with WF but new to DoC.
    1.Demons
    2.2500pts
    3.Massacre-win demons conceded at end round 4.
    4. Vampire lord on Coven Throne killing everything it touched. High point when nurglings failed battle of wills and turned on each other.

1.Demons
    2.2500pts
    3. Headed for another massacre-win demons conceded end of round 2.
    4. Terrorgheist 1st turn round 1 terrorgheist charges 4 nurgling swarms, screams, double 6's for 11 wounds vs leadership 7, 6 unsaved wounds. Game off to a good start for the vamps.

11. VampireDuke

VampireDuke Zombie

2 Games versus DE, both 2,000 points.

Lost the first, won the second. The first is a bad example, however, because my General imploded on turn 1 from a miscast and I decided to surrender then and there :tongue:

12. robinsuu

robinsuu Skeleton

1) Empire
    2) 2400
    3) Loss - Major. Only had one Doom Wolf and a unit of GG left after the final round.
    4) I managed to dispel almost every single spell of his until the final two turns where he got Mindrazor off twice. This was the final nail in the coffin. The rolls in my own magic phase were terrible to say the least. I only got off one single spell for the entire game.

Worth noting was that my Spirit Host held up his Steam Tank the entire game and the last model of my Dire Wolf unit (A single Doom Wolf) managed to send a unit of Outriders off the table as well as destroy a Mortar. My Vampire Lord also wrecked face until his Ghoul horde found themselves outnumbered by three units.

To sum it all up, the major reasons why I lost was:

a) Deployment. Some of my most important units barely got to see any action (Grave Guard, Terrorgheists)
    b) Artillery. His cannon blew my gheists to bits.
    c) Magic. A stroke of bad luck and poor choice of spells on my part.

13. PreserverofAristocracy

PreserverofAristocracy Zombie

2400 point game against dwarfs. Complete disaster. Lost 90% of the army advancing across the board and was unable to cast a single spell. Destroyed one of his units.

14. robinsuu

robinsuu Skeleton

Game #1 this evening:

1) Warriors of Chaos
    2) 2400
    3) Loss - Major. Wiped me out completely by round 5.
    4) My TGs wreaked havoc, oneshotting his Vortex Beast and Chaos Giant 2nd round!

The major reasons why I lost was:

a) Letting his Mark of Nurgle warriors get into CC with me. Completely unkillable, my Lord didn't get a single wound in.
    b) Too few hard-hitting units. All I had that really packed a punch was my BK bus, a vamp on foot and my two TGs.

Game #2:

1) Warriors of Chaos
    2) 2400
    3) Loss - Major. Wiped me out completely by round 4.
    4) Magic was in my favor this game. Got off almost every spell I wanted. Played a completely different list this time, with no TGs whatsoever and GG instead of BKs.

The major reasons why I lost was:

a) Letting his Mark of Nurgle warriors get into CC with me. Completely unkillable, my Lord didn't get a single wound in.
    b) Bad synergy. Should've went with some more killy abilities on my Lord and Vamp. Definitely need higher strength attacks instead of more attacks.
    c) Vargheists were completely useless and my Hexwraiths didn't see combat until they were flanked and crumbled. Also my Varghulf did do some damage, but not enough to even nearly be worth what I paid for him.
    d) No GWs on my GG. Something that proved fatal when I faced Mark of Nurgle warriors.

I am sure a more experienced player could've put up more of a fight, but being a greenhorn facing a very experienced general (Playing since 13 years back), at least I learned a lot along the way :)

To sum this evening up: Mark of Nurgle is something to be cautious about. Redirect and rain down magic or screams on them. Screaming works extremely well against their monsters as well. Everything they've got hits like a truck and has high saves.

15. robinsuu

robinsuu Skeleton

And yet another game against Warriors of Chaos. This time with a much better outcome :)

1) Warriors of Chaos
    2) 2400
    3) Win - 13-7
    4) Started off with 2 turns of poor rolling from my opponent, and I pretty much dictated the game. He did play a softer list this time though, using a marauder bunker and some marauder horsemen. He also used Slaneesh instead of Nurgle.

MVP: His sorcerer, with only 1 wound left he managed to rally while fleeing and casting this uber portal of death spell (Don't remember the name) on my TG. Went through with double sixes and completely destroyed my full wound TG. Then he saved himself from blowing up with a +6 ward save!

Super Zombie unit of the day: Managed to break some Marauder Horsemen, which fled 11", then rolled a double 6 for the pursuit and killed the rest of them off!

The major reasons why I won was:

a) Using my DW and SH the way they are supposed to be used. The DW on the right flank baited his frenzied Chosen which caused some casualties for them when moving through a swamp, after this my GG made short work of them. The left flank DW hunted out his only caster and sent him fleeing. My SH and Raise Dead zombies kept his Chaos Lord occupied until the final turn.

b) I kept raising my ghouls and GG back up, resulting in a full strong GG unit in the end, and the Ghoul unit ALMOST made it, with only the Vampire leading them alive after the final turn.

c) I was able to dictate the game pretty well, and kept a strong battleline with help of the terrain. I bottlenecked my Ghouls and used redirectors for protecting my one open flank.

d) I could pretty much do what I wanted with my TG (Only used one) thanks to pinning up my opponent's left flank and keeping his central battleline occupied.

e) Excellent rolls. The first 2 rounds I completely dominated the dice while my opponent did poorly. He even managed to blow up his Hellcannon turn 1!

So what did I learn from this match?

GG equipped with GW and an ASF Lord is a terrible sight to behold for our opponents! I also decided to go for a single TG this game, which worked out very well and enabled me to get more units. Double SH coupled with Raise Dead worked VERY well against this army.

It was a really fun match, and my first win with Vampire Counts! :vampire2:

Edit: By the way, is anyone updating the first post?

16. PreserverofAristocracy

PreserverofAristocracy Zombie

About a week ago I played Orcs and Goblins for the first time.
    1. vs Orcs and Goblins
    2. 2400 points
    3. major loss

The game was going pretty well until my opponent hit my center. He cast a spell on his orcs that let them reroll on hits and wounds so a group of 30-40 orcs obliterated my center of 40 CG. If my center had held I might have had a chance because I had destroyed one of his flanks and was about to start rolling him up with vargheists and hexwraiths. Oh well.

17. robinsuu

robinsuu Skeleton

1) High Elves
    2) 1200
    3) Win - Minor

4) His Mage rolled double 6's twice but lived, and my Necromancer rolled double 6's once and wiped out half a unit of ghouls and his mage!

I had one Blood Knight, a few summoned skeletons and about 11 ghouls left in the final round. He had 10 Archers.

Fun game with a lot of magic going crazy!

My best unit was my Blood Knights that completely annihilated his Lothern Seaguard and chased after and killed his Phoenix Guard that broke combat. My Grave Guard did very poorly against his Swordmasters (Despite having my Vampire general in the unit).

18. Hellwraith

Hellwraith Zombie

I played my first two games of Fantasy a few days ago.

Game 1: Wood Elves
    Outcome: Minor win thanks to my cairn wraith.
    Fun fact: My vampire almost died in the WE's first shooting phase because I left him wide open. Almost catastrophic.

Game 2: Vampire Counts
    Outcome: Badly beaten.
    Fun fact: Most of my troop deployment was in range of a pillar that made them pass leadership or declare a charge. Failed all rolls and made all the wrong charges as a result. Didnt help that he rolled great for invo and had bigger bricks than I did. Lost a ton of guys to combat resolution including my cairn wraith who also didnt pass his test and charged 40 zombies with a vamp in there.

19. JohnMavrick

JohnMavrick Zombie

1) Ogre Kingdoms

2) 2000 points

3) Loss - Major

4) This was my first time playing my Vampire Counts, though I've been playing WHFB for over ten years now. The game was solidly in my favor when, on my turn three my opponent pulled out the FellHeart in my magic phase; sucked my General Master Necro into the Warp, killed off my Vampire Hero, and put a wound on my surviving Necromancer. A 50 point item won him, after crumbling, almost 800 points!