1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC II Chapter 1 - Old Faces

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council II' started by Disciple of Nagash, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mello

Mello Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum True Blood

Alastor looked up mournfully.

"Yet there is so much I can now never do. I will never be a great mage, or will be able to woo people with my music."

he sighed

"Instead I am destined to.. revert to graveclaw here. If there was any hope of me even joining vampiric society and forgetting lonliness, it is now gone."

I guess luck will never be on my side. Never"

2. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

Morturion grunted at Alastor's words. "There are always anomalies to any bloodline, Alastor," he remarked quietly, "you seem to have an immense magical potential, far beyond many of the vampires in this room. From what I can see, you have the makings of a powerful magician if you try, and musical skill is not affected by being a hulking great beast."

Morturion put a hand on the young vampire's shoulder. "When luck is not on your side, you cheat. For a thousand years I have not experienced a good deal of fortune; but I made my way to a powerful position in undead society, and how? By cheating. There are weaknesses of society just waiting to be exploited, and I have made use of them where necessary."

He grinned. "And besides, if you want to get your revenge on society, being like Graveclaw is not a bad way to go about it. A massive strigoi is particularly good at destroying social rules, as demonstrated earlier this meeting." He pointed at the crack on the floor where Graveclaw had pummeled Simon, and then at the huge form of the bestial vampire standing next to Alastor.

3. the hidden one

the hidden one Streets Ahead

Igor had to admit that the necromancer had a point. Alastor could still be anything that he wanted, but maybe being a hulking beast would suit him?

4. The Raven Lord

The Raven Lord Ghoul

"It is an honour to speak with you again, if even for a brief moment," replied the Blood Dragon, "I have missed your company. I could really use you here right now."

"Your envoy, is there anything I should know of him? He is not of a Bloodline I recognise, but then again, you never did keep "normal" company."

Peter wished the strange Strigoi could have been present at this meeting of the Council. Despite his oddities, his vast resources and his many inventions were a huge boost to any undertaking. Not to mention is wise council and homely moving fortress.

5. Mello

Alastor's patience withered slightly, for the millionth time.. He glanced at the necromancer irritably.

"Surely you have lived long enough to notice that cheating is not at all the way to go about life. You lose respect from others, and more importantly, from yourself. Ideally I would either break the rules, or make others abandon them like me. Free them so I am no longer alone."

Alastor's harsh laughter echoed around the room again.

"You're telling me that this beast could possibly play a musical instrument? Disallowing the physical problems, and no offence intended Graveclaw, but music requires years, years of devotion, concentration and above all passion. Sadly I'm not sure I'll have all three in time to come.." He looked sadly up at the hulking beast, "And for that I am truly sorry, I can't imagine the pain you must feel.. For my loneliness I have music, the only thing left to me. what could you possibly have?"

Alastor never thought he'd feel sorry for something.. but he guessed he wasn't the worst off after all, on the outside at least.

6. The Dread King

Morturion raised an eyebrow at Alastor's words. "Surely you have realised that respect from others is not crucial? Considering your own life, it seems to mean little, and I respect myself as much as I need to - an overdose of self-respect becomes foolish pride and self-pity." Morturion narrowed his eyes at Kraskor and Shah, and then his gaze bored into Alastor's face.

"But, to be fair, cheating was not the only thing I used to become powerful. Determination, and a goal in unlife, was what drove me on. Get yourself a goal, and you won't need to be wallowing around in your own sorrow for the next millennium. You are priveleged to be one of the few with unlife in this world." Morturion frowned, and his voice grew stern. "Best use it well, before someone decides to end it."

7. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

Graveclaw snapped his gaze towards Markus, and for several seconds the Strigoi simply stared at the Blood Dragon gauging him, despite centuries of solitude Graveclaw was very good at reading body language and from those few seconds the Strigoi was able to tell the Dragon didn’t like him. A low grunting sound began to emit from the Ghoul Kings throat sending shivers up the council’s spines “If Graveclaw wassss going to eat you Dragon, Dragon would know it” he rumbled before turning his gaze back upon Alastor “Boy knowssssss nothing of pain” he growled.

8. Malochai

Malochai Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Markus returned the Ghoul King's gaze levelly, not allowing anything to enter his eyes other than a cold stoniness; everything else was hidden behind the lionesque mask he had inherited from his father.

"If Graveclaw tried to eat me, he would find four needle-sharp Claws through his stomach, from navel to neck." His words were said proudly, and sounded as if he truly meant them. Of course, he knew that the strigoi was older and more powerful, but he knew he could at least cause him some discomfort if he did die that final death. "And if you did manage it, there are those who follow me, both here and where I come from, that would have you hunted down and slaughtered like a beast, and so determined would they be, so ferocious in their hunt, they would find you cowering in your cave like a mewling babe. This, I will promise you."

9. Mr Nightwere

Mr Nightwere Necromancer

Jason gazed out from the corner of the room, his form dark and wistful. He had moved over here to wait as the councils temper had flared once again and as he drunk his tea, he considered the moment he was in, how his unlife had lead here to this council and when or if Lesa would be getting here. He needed to retrieve his orb and quickly as well, it after all hid the secrets of a 200 life times of his tireless work.

Soon he decided, as his mind keyed into the council once again and he looked as the lion challenged the beast... How amusing. He thought touching out at the winds again the soft light which played around his eyes shimmered with a luscious glow as he rose again having drunk his fill.

He moved over towards the council once again wishing he had a blade with which to disembowel someone with...

" Lord Markus, I have not known Graveclaw to cower on any occasion and I would request you calm your tongue. you only show your weakness by threatening others with your might. Graveclaw here has not said he would be eating you after all. Only reminding you that we here are under rules to obey Curtsies to one another."

He looked into the lions eyes as his own feral brutal eyes gazed back sending small glimmers of fear into Markus's unbeating heart. As Markus stared into Jason softly, he came to understand that though he was vampire the eyes held an entire separate being.

"Could we not speak of finer thing's? I do find killing such a dull topic at the best of times."

10. Malochai

Markus, still determined in his guise of Shah al-Hamid, Lion of Araby, turned to face Jason and listened as he spoke. Spikes of anxiety shot through him, but he brushed them aside temporarily and returned the look, despite feeling there was definitely something off about the member of the Night's Aristocracy before him.

"I didn't threaten him with mine own might, Jason," he sneered. "Whilst the Strigoi could probably kill me, and whilst I could probably only cause him a wound which he would most like survive, those who have sworn oaths of loyalty to me, and owe their stations to my generosity, my gets and theirs, would avenge my death."

Markus turned to look at Graveclaw and looked him in the eyes, "Not even all the assembled gods of man, elf and dwarf could save his undeath against those who would look to take their vengeance."

11. The Dread King

And now they fight amongst themselves, them who thought themselves civilised, and declared themselves as members of a council. How did the forces of undeath come to this? Morturion shook his headness with mad disgust, and then began to laugh.

He laughed for a while, his voiced mirth increasing in volume until he crowed, "So! I see the council fights itself once more. My acquiantances," He gave mocking looks to Graveclaw and Shah, "let us not argue until Rowhaine arrives. After all, civilised vampires would argue only in the meeting to come, I think. But then again, you are just beasts. Both of you have claws and fangs, both have animalistic faces, both have high levels of aggression. The only difference is that one of you...thinks he is more than an animal." Morturion turned to Shah, eyebrow raised. "A base creature in armour and clothes is still a creature, no matter how much they pretend to themself that they are not. And a pack of direwolves is so easy to destroy without its leader. The promise of revenge from the puny gets and servants of an overproud blood dragon is not very scary."

Morturion smiled smugly; hopefully he'd be able to get away with annoying Shah a little bit. He'd always disliked that bloodline, and Shah was part of what made him loathe it in later years.

12. Malochai

Markus snorted at the mortal, derision clear in his body language and the look in his eyes, recessed behind the golden mask which shimmered in the moonlight that streamed through the windows. Lukas was behind him, glowering at the necromancer levelly, hand resting on the pommel of his sword.

"My Lord Shah, if you would allow me ... ?" he began, voice cold and yet, strangely, yearning. 'He hasn't killed anything recently," the vampire supposed, smiling to himself. This was a human who would rise far ...

The Baron shook his head and returned to the present. "Mortal, you once more interfere in matters that do not concern yourself or your kind. This is between myself and Graveclaw. However, now that you mention it, my Claws are sharper than my fangs." The metal of the weapons tinkled like glass shattering as he ran them against each other. "And you have clearly never met a pack of Direwolves, fool! You seem not to realise that the Direwolves of Sylvania are commanded by the undead lords who rule here! But then, such ignorance is expected from the mind of such a fool, who considered the Great necromancer akin to the gods! The true power of the gods lies with Rowhaine, and shows that Nagash offended them, and all who served him should be wary.
    "My gets may be small, and they may not be many, but they are powerful. And there is one you should fear above all ... Oh, yes, if any harm comes to me, she will know it, and she will take her vengeance. She wouldn't rest until the bones of my killer were bleached from the sun and buried amongst the roots of the mountains, little more than a speck on the history of the Old World."
    He ended in a growl, and had subconsciously stalked closer to the necromancer, until he stood less than a foot away, seeming to tower over him and one of the Claws was pressed against his right shoulder, the weapon immeasurably sharp. With a sharp twist, he pulled it away. 'That will have caused some pain to a human,' he told himself with a smirk.

13. Mello

"Indeed respect may not be essential, but more importantly it is fair. If you can defeat someone on their own terms, then how can they possibly make excuses. That's the difference between us. You live to win. I live to prove I'm better.

Markus, people like Graveclaw have been hunted for all their existence. Do you think your death will change anything at all? I've had enough experience with being hunted that's for sure."

14. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

A twisted grin split the Strigoi’s face “Dragon thinkssssss Graveclaw fearsssss being hunted, that he fearssssss Morrssss embrace, Graveclaw ssssssshould have died eight hundred and ssssssixty yearsssss ago” he growled “Finial death not sssssomething Graveclaw fearsssss”.

15. Dark_Wolfen

Dark_Wolfen Grave Guard

Bored, Nimrais had retreated a bit as the argument got heated again. An arrogant necromancer with the fierce blood of the Blood Dragons and the bestial side of the Strigoi did not prove well, as it seemed. She sighed a bit and mumbled under her breath as she shook her head, "boys will be boys".

As the threats and non-verbal indications of eagerness to fight rose again she took a few steps back, she didn't want to get caught in the middle of anything. From here she looked at them as a dark figure walked up behind her. "I had a feeling this would happen. We.. you're all so self centered like that." Nimrais didn't turn her head as she looked at him from the corner of her eye. Very hushed and concealing her mouth behind her handkerchief she replied "what is keeping them so long. I didn't come here for nothing, why are they just beating brows?" Any onlooker wouldn't notice a thing with her. Maybe that she was acting a bit weird, but nothing more than being simply occupied with air, since in fact, there wasn't anything more around her. "Hmmm hehehe", a distant giggle was heard, "yet, they're so intruiging aren't they? When was the last time you saw one of your kind again, hmmm?" Nimrais sighed again. Just exactly what was it about vampires, or otherwise immortal beings, she corrected her thought as she looked at Morturion, that made them act like how they do?

16. The Dread King

The claws of Shah scraped off Morturion's armour, giving his shoulder a tiny push. He could feel the power of them through his necromantic plate. A look of contempt spread on his face, and he said in revolted tones, "I was not talking of the undead direwolves, but of the living kind, ignorant vampire. Who is this she anyway? Your mother? Your concubine?" He grinned. "I'd kill her if necessary, though I doubt she'd be much of a threat."

What am I doing? Morturion reminded himself. This lot will only drag you down into the muck if you talk with them. Morturion's features grew calm. His voice sounded almost respectful as he said, "Personally, I consider my decision to aid Nagash sensible, but there are other opinions. I am not going to take this situation further out of hand, as I made a promise to the Triumvirate here not to get involved in any more of these vampiric trifles." He stepped away from Shah.

"I do not intend to have this argument out in here, young vampire. If you have any differences to settle with me, we can handle them later, without causing any...disruptions." He smiled mildly, and swept his hand around the room. "I, for one, am going to remain dignified in the presence of this company. As Lord Nightwere has kindly prompted us, let us talk of other things. I'm sure..." The necromancer's armour melted back over his face; and as he spoke, his voice came out of the iron-like material in a hiss, "...that you'll enjoy the company."

17. Count Darvaleth

Count Darvaleth I <3 marmite Staff Member True Blood

Kraskor's anger had fizzled away by this point. He tired of the squabbling, and tired of the thrice-damned Necromancer. One day, Morturion would have his just deserts, but that day wasn't today. The Blood Dragon growled as the mortal angered yet another vampire; surely, somebody who professed to be so wise could see that alienating the most powerful vampires in the world is not a good idea?

He had long-since passed rage, now. Kraskor was simply tired, a little frustrated, his temper gently simmering in a pot which had already blown its cap. Something must have happened to Rowhaine, for him to take this long.

Kraskor started. Rowhaine. With the distraction, nobody had thought to see where he had got to. The Blood Dragon marched briskly forward, towards the three thrones.

"My Lords Imperator and Regent, Rowhaine arrived with us. I fear he has been waylaid, and that in our bickering we may have allowed his assailants to escape,", Kraskor paused, "I think we shoul-"

The vampire was cut off by a bang as the door to the hall was smashed open. A full detachment of armed men stood in the doorway, holding a makeshift battering ram. They dropped the ram to the floor and drew swords and shields. There was fifteen of them, all lightly armoured and standing in a shield-wall, blocking the exit and ready for combat. In the midst of them, a captain stood proud, fully-armoured and wielding a huge greatsword.

"In the name of the Empire, surrender yourselves or we shall kill your leader!"

18. The Dread King

Morturion whirled arond to see the task force standing by the door. He needed to react quickly to this situation, he needed to step forward and prove himself. "Fat chance of me surrendering," he snarled. "You want me? Come and get me. Killing our leader, however, would be a mistake. I would then have to torture your souls for eternity as well as killing you, and that would be a shame."

Seeing the shocked vampiric faces around him, he quickly snapped, "But I do not rule here. I am only a necromancer; it's the Triumvirate you want to make terms with." Best not to make yourself seen as the man who killed Rowhaine, the Champion of Asaph, by talking, Morturion thought. He started to mentally reach for his guards. If his soldiers were still alive, they could well come in handy, cutting off the force from the rear and perhaps even rescuing Rowhaine from behind enemy lines.

19. Zanos

Zanos Vampire Count True Blood

Alexander was beginning to get a headache. It seemed as though weeks had passed in this room and still no sight of Rowhaine. If he had to be trapped in this room with these people for just another minute he would -

"In the name of the Empire, surrender yourselves or we shall kill your leader!"

Was this really happening? At least it would provide some fun time for Al. Leaping up to the front of the room, Alexander drew his sword and pistol, aiming a shot for right in between the captain's eyes. "What makes you think barging into the capital of the greatest of night's dark masters was such a great idea human, prisoner or not?"

20. Malochai

Markus was about to reply to the necromancer, after grinding his teeth, when the door crashed open. "In the name of the Empire, surrender yourselves or we shall kill your leader!" The vampire narrowed his eyes, and he felt as much as heard Lukas draw his sword and level it at the intruding humans. The Baron could see beyond them, and saw the remained of his guard, all nineteen of them - the seventeen he'd left had been joined by the two who had seen to his steed's stabling, and he called to them.

"Men of the Under Guard! Stand ready!" In perfect unison, they all drew their swords, expertly holding their swords levelled. A grim smile touched his face. The poor humans were doomed. "I speak not for the Lords of this castle, nor these realms, but I suggest you surrender yourselves into the custody of the Lord Imperator and Lord Regent, before we decide your are too impudent to live much longer," he growled, his voice low and threateningly. "I would remind you that you are in the heart of the Triumvirate's lands - as much as I dislike the fact, this is possibly the second most powerful state under vampiric power in the history of the world!"

21. The Dread King

"No, Shah, they have Rowhaine elsewhere. Don't you see? They would not bring him here," he muttered in alert, low tones. "Yet perhaps this escort can be...persuaded...to tell us where their friends are keeping Rowhaine. We must play them at their own game"

Calling out to the troops, he said, "I would advise you to tell us exactly where you keep Rowhaine. Necromancers, bring them in!" He smiled as a small troupe of ghastly undead stepped out from behind the Under Guard. "You're outnumbered, and you're outmatched. Yet...you hold the Champion of Asaph, am I right? So we stand, locked in stalemate, waiting for something to happen. I can wait a thousand years for this thing. You can't. You'll wither away and die, as all you Sigmar-hailing humans do. I would kill most of you and send the rest for special questioning. But I am not the Triumvirate, so I will not issue commands that could endanger the most powerful Nehekharan in the world...and neither should you!" Morturion shouted, glaring at the guests around the room. "What do you think you are doing? I remind you, they have a hostage elsewhere; if you kill these empire soldiers, their friends will kill Rowhaine!!!"

22. Malochai

With a withering glance at the necromancer, Markus, his guise as Shah still intact, replied. "You fool. If they are going to kill the Lord Rowhaine, they will do it regardless. And how will they know they're dead, I ask you? I cannot see the Aethyr cling to any of them particularly ... Unlike yourself, it's a morass of ugly, sluggish worms," he finished in disgust, before taking in the unexpected allies his men had received ... And he despaired. How could any man hope to fight with such creatures, as unskilled and like to fall apart as they were.

'I'd take a mortal man over an animated skeleton given the choice,' he thought, regardless of the issues of loyalty; he had long ago that if they were treated right, any man would stay loyal to the man who protected him and paid him.

23. Mello

Alastor was losing the will to live, still more bickering continued. He thought the lonely immortals of the night might have something to offer against his vision of the future, but sadly they were all so damn shortsighted and arrogant they couldn't see past the next gain of power that they needed. Still at least the magic had returned to the ro-

The door was kicked down and a dozen or so mortals emerged, as the Immortals just started showing off about how powerful they thought they were, Alastor thought sensibly vanished onto the rooftops. Some bats were disturbed and flew off in protest, Alastor didn't care.

Kraskor, which leader do they refer to? More importantly where could they be? I'll try and get there before any message of ultimatum can reach the-EEEEM.

Alastor screamed in pain as the link backfired, in his haste he had teleported his left foot into the ceiling and had just tried to move it. Taking deep breaths, he calmed his mind and shifted a metre upwards, landing on the roofs with a gentle clak.

so?

24. The Dread King

Morturion smiled mockingly at the blood dragon known as Shah Al-Hamid. "Young vampire. The reason these soldiers have not killed Rowhaine yet is that they are holding him hostage. The empire wants us to give ourselves up, and they will - if their plans succeeds - get to kill all of us; Rowhaine is only a peaceful human, after all: the Empire would rather not make an enemy of Nehekhara by killing its leader. They may well let Rowhaine go if we surrender. And the humans -" Morturion rolled his eyes "- will know they're dead because the next thing they know, their souls will be in my laboratory for testing, as I've stressed for the umpteenth time."

Seeing Shah's dismay, and feigning misinterpretation, Morturion said "Fear not, Shah. My great warriors are on your side; they shall not cut down your valiant men. They are only a few, but I should add that they're not only mere skeletons. Oh, no. I keep a few...pets as well." He chuckled as darkness sparked from the fingertips of a lesser necromancer. One could see the outlines of three stooped wizards and a few strange warped undead minions standing behind the humans.

25. Dark_Wolfen

Dark_Wolfen Grave Guard

Nimrais was fairly close to the door when it banged open. She let out a yelp and turned around quickly to face the intruders, as a mechanism of defence already summoning magical energy around her. When the men announced their captivity of the leader she took a more defensive stance, but didn't stop gathering magic. She looked around the room and to the guards. She wasn't sure how to react, certainly, these humans would have been dead by now if there was nothing holding the other members of the council back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.