1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC II Chapter 2 - A Distraction

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council II' started by Count Darvaleth, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Karl waved the thanks aside.

"You have shown your loyalty since the days of my father's reign Peter, such authority should always be made free to you. Once this matter is dealt with and you wish to return to court we will find a proper position for you, though I would wish to have you at my side I am guessing that would not be your choice." the Regent said with a knowing smile "I'm sure the Marshal would appreciate your help on the front line."

Karl snarled slightly at the mention of a Sigmarite priest, his eyes glowing slightly red.

"There orders have been banished from our land. We shall have to see to the rebuilding of your home. We shall have mortal peasants establish themselves on your holdings, forces assigned to it's protection and holy members of the Order of Vashanesh to spread the faith and ward off those vicious religions of mankind." Karl swore.

Dieter nodded "I'll be happy to assign one of my men as a personal retainer, it will legitimise you at court to be protected by a Royal Guard, we can also send failed mortal aspirants of the Guard as a moral force to reinforce your castle guard. Although failed they are some of the finest mortal swordsmen I have seen."

Karl smiled, his anger vanished as swiftly at it had come, "Worry not Peter. All suggestions for your land will be left with you for a final decision my friend. We can deal with them in detail after your success with the council."

2. Simon von Carstein

Simon von Carstein The Poetic Fiend True Blood TVC II GM

"Well this must change at once Peter!" Everyone looked up as Simon entered smiling. "We cannot have a noble of our great empire hiding in a ruin with just a handful of guards for company." he continued.

Looking over to Karl he said "We have the manpower and resources now. We must have Swatzhafen rebuilt and fully manned its only right."

3. The Raven Lord

The Raven Lord Ghoul

"A position at your side would be an honour, but I feel my talents would be better used aiding your cause in the field," agreed Peter.

As Simon entered, he turned to the poet with a smile.

"And with your help, I am sure we could restore my lands to their former glory. Swartzhafen can once again be made prosperous. Its fields are some of the most fertile in your domains, and it could become a bread basket to feed your mortal armies."

The Blood Dragon's eyes glazed over at the prospect of rebuilding his holdings. To have something to exist for would give him a purpose once again.

"And, I am sure that a well defended outpost on the Eastern borders would serve us well in the campaign against the sons of Sigmar. Although I am reluctant to have a bodyguard, I will trust your judgement on matters of court. It never was my strong point."

4. Get of W'soran

Karl smiled at Simon's sudden entrance, used to his nephews abruptness.

"I shall have the resources summoned whilst you are away on council bushiness." Karl said "I will have farmers sent to prepare the land for the next harvest, villagers sent to build up a basic foundation for a new population centre and builders sent to your fortress itself to make repairs and ensure the defences are strong. I will also send a force there immediately to reinforce your lands until your return." Karl added looking at Peter "You can decide on specifics on your return."

Turning to Simon he nodded "Perhaps I should send a letter to the Red Abbey to set up a basic church on his lands, a members of the Order would do well at keeping the Sigmar lovers out."

Karl smiled at Peter's words.
    "The field it will be then my friend, after we have the final plans to do with your land completed."

"And the Guard would be a symbol of authority, little more. You could assign him to train mortal guards, Dieter's warriors are the greatest swordsmen infantry I have ever met." the Regent suggested.

5. The Raven Lord

The Raven Lord Ghoul

"I trust your judgement on this matter Lords. Seeing what you have achieved here and in the Badlands, I know you are competent in these matters," replied Peter, "As I mentioned, a mustering point on the edge of Imperial territory will also aid the war effort."

"But to the matters closer at hand," he continued, "The Champion of the Gods was very uninformative in his letter, do either of you know why he as summoned us? I thought, with the defeat of Nagash, we were free of the influence of the Land of the Dead."

6. Simon von Carstein

"We could use another defensive fortification and the men always need something to put in their stomachs." Simon admitted with a grin.

Throwing himself into the nearest chair he said "Building an empire Peter is an incredible experience everyone should try it at least once. This one is proving to be quite a satisfying experiment even now I look forward to expanding into the Badlands, Wiping out the orcs, rebuilding Mourkain that'll show the Strigoi whose running things now. Their arch enemies doing what they couldn't." he laughed and slapped his knee.

"But first things first we've got business to finish up here first starting with Nuln its been under siege for four years I think everyone agrees when I say that this is ridiculous. We take this city and secure its blackpowder stores and we'll be in Altdorf and Middenhein within the next two years."

He looked over to Peter and Karl "they'll be enough titles and positions to go round. How do fancy being the next Prince of Altdorf Peter? We'll get the Theogonist of Sigmar to crown you personally before we deal with him."

7. Get of W'soran

Karl shook his head slightly at Simon's fanciful speech.

"Since there is so much to do perhaps you should consider not taking part in this council." Karl said to Simon although he wasn't being very serious, he had already had these arguments with his nephew in length and had failed to convince him.

Turning to Peter he shrugged "I have not paid close attention to what young Rowhaine wants but I will note that with Nagash's death I fear we have only allowed this Land of the Dead to unify it's strength and now they have these Gods..."

Karl turned back to Simon to ask the question he had been pondering for some time "Speaking of which Simon how much do you trust this man? I realise he was the Dark son of Lesa and Cromwell which is why I agreed with you about holding the meeting at all but he also threw away the dark gift and is now a slave to these Gods who have long been an enemy to our kind."

He remained silent a moment before voicing his fear, he trusted those in the room, "I fear that he may seek to use the resources of our family and then when he is finished with us the refounded Land of the Dead will become our enemies."

Dieter nodded at this "I have feared the same my lords. Can we trust this living man?" he asked "Nevermind the other bloodlines who may be against the von Carstein expansion." the Captain fixed his gaze on Simon "You in particular Lord Imperator may be in danger travelling with these council members"

8. The Raven Lord

The Raven Lord Ghoul

"Haha, Simon, you always were a most ambitious man," said Peter with a grin on his face. It was good to be amongst his old comrades.

"Nuln has always been a fastness we have struggled to take," mused Peter, "I have been inside the city a few times, and when I was present, I was impressed by the scale of its defences and the number of artillery pieces the Gunnery School commands."

Peter mapped out the city in his mind. The metropolis straddled the confluence of the Reik and Aver, with two bridges spanning the dirty water. A plan came to mind.

"I trust, Lord Imperator, that the city is entirely surrounded? The weakness of the city as always been its bridges. They can be raised to allow ships pass down river. They are the only way the Imperials can move their artillery trains round the city."

Peter was enjoying the challenge of cracking this challenge. And if he could crack this city, a fastness that had held the Marshall at bay for four years, all the better.

"In order to smash the Imperial city, my friends," said the Raven Lord with a flare, "We must hit the south east side of the walls with that we have. In order to prevent the humans moving their forces to reinforce the south east wall, we must raise or burn the bridge leading from the Gunnery School. In order to get inside the city, we will need to get a small force inside the city. Perhaps we could take advantage of your flying ship, Simon?"

Turning to Karl, he nodded in agreement, "I can not help but distrust this "cured" one. I know not what entities are pulling his strings. If the Old Gods of Nehekara use this as an opportunity to waste our strength on some wild goose chase in order to reinforce their own position."

9. Simon von Carstein

"I never really knew him even back then." Simon admitted "He was Milosh's servant highly trusted. But then that was when he was one of us."

He stood "I don't trust Rowhaine at all now. He undoubtably intends to resurrect the old Nehekharan empire which is why I wanted to take the Badlands and fortify them as quickly as possible. As far as I'm concerned we are the only gods around here not these pagan entities from an age ago. If it wasn't for the magical problems I wouldn't even consider treating with him or this new council unfortunately if we don't find a solution soon we could find ourselves without an army to serve us just as uncle Konrad did and we all know how that ended."

Walking over to the fire he continued "Needless to say I do not intend to go anywhere with them. I have selected an agent who will go in my stead to represent us. We'll have our mages like Ademus look into the problem from here and we'll let the council look into it from wherever. One of us has to find the answer somehow."

"As for Nuln" he said turning back "My brother the Supreme Marshal has had it completely surrounded I don't know the details. My ship would be useful for this sort of work but I'd rather wait until the rest are finished. The Ravager named after Uncle Konrad is a one of a kind vessel at the moment we are not yet ready to control the skies. Which is what we will need to finish our conquest with the minimum loss of life on our side."

10. Get of W'soran

Karl was put at ease by Simon's assurances, he had been worried his nephew's fondness for Lesa and Milosh would have caused an issue regarding the champion.

"I shall have Ademus summon the greatest magi we have available to throw themselves into the study of this problem." Karl assured his nephew.

Karl stood and smiled "Gentlemen, I believe it is time to make our way to the Great Hall. We'll send servants to the others."

"Let's get this council meeting finished."

11. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

:siren:This Chapter is now closed.

Please leave any comments or feedback in the OOC thread.

A new chapter will start shortly:siren:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.