1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC II Chapter 5 - The Wastes

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council II' started by Disciple of Nagash, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

[OOC: This chapter starts later than chapter 4, as they have waited until dusk]

Rowhaine had watched the group depart to the Silver Pinnacle with some hidden trepidation. Though none has seen from where he stood high up on the battlements, he could not help feel a sliver of worry about sending the princess to one as powerful and volatile as Neferata.

You fear for her life?

'Yes, even Ushabti pale compared to a master vampire. I fear that even I would. But the potential gain if the Queen sees reason.....'

Even if she does, it will likely be only for her own gain. Even when she was a mortal she was deceitful and manipulative.

'That I know.'

"Champion.' Phahotep suddenly appeared in the nearby doorway, "everything is ready and the time approaches."

"So it does Pha." Rowhaine had trained the warrior for many years, and had developed some level of familiarity and even friendship, or the closest that could come for one who was looked upon as nearly a god.

"You seem tired. Have you had rest?" Phahotep asked after a moment, "the rest of us rested as well as we could, however the those who stood guard noted.....restlessness?"

"Checking on me?" Rowhaine said, his tone grave. Only Phahotep could tell the humour hidden well underneath and a rough chuckle came in return,

"If I don't Champion, who else will? You are our great hope, your wellbeing is paramount." Silence followed the statement before Rowhaine turned, grasping Phahotep's shoulder in gratitude,

"Come. Let us not keep the others waiting. The sooner we get there, the sooner we know what we face."

2. the hidden one

the hidden one Streets Ahead

"At last, we are off!" Igor said thankfully, having grown weary of bickering. "I must say, doing something is a nice change."

3. Count Krieger von Blutstein

Count Krieger von Blutstein Grave Guard

Two massive bats blotted out the moon as they swooped into the courtyard, their landing throwing up an uncomfortable amount of dust. The great beasts paused for a moment, sniffing the air about them and giving out high pitched squeaks and clicks, trying to get their bearings.

The Twins were agitated. Maria had been petulant when Alroy explained that he would have to leave, and had no idea when he would be back. She had locked herself in her room and refused to come out, and hit him with a lightning bolt when he ripped her door off of its hinges to scold her. Katarina had been thoughtful enough to fix the damage before he shifted to a form that could do so itself. When Aidan explained all he wanted done in his absence, however, she had nearly refused to kiss him goodbye. And in truth, he had to admit, even if his brother could not, that it was a heavy burden to bear, even on her capable shoulders.

The poor girl had been asked to keep Maria on task and make her add more shielding enchantments and anti-magical interference charms to the castle itself, while reinforcing the arcane battery's safety measures and bolstering its ability to recharge on the Winds. Maria would also have to be made to add some sort of magical shielding to the castle as a whole. Meanwhile, Katarina herself would be expected to work on increasing the Castle Guard's ranks, as well as filling out their number with anything that might make them less of a one-trick pony. She would also be responsible for arming the castle with whatever she saw fit. Alroy had insisted upon a giant warpstone beam-cannon as one of the armaments, despite the difficulty of finding warpstone in the first place, let alone enough for such a weapon. Naturally, she would have to find a way to sustain the crew for such weapons, necromantically, of course.

And finally, she was to give the castle a suitably impressive-sounding name.

So, while the Twins waited impatiently for people to get on their broad, furry backs, their castle moved off into the night, Aidan's beloved Katarina at the helm. One of the bats looked off wistfully in its direction, while the other scratched itself and shouted obnoxiously,"Oi! Where is everyone!? We are here and ready to carry you!"

4. Sweeney Todd

Sweeney Todd Moderator Staff Member True Blood

"I agree." Kenshiro said to Igor as he strode towards the rest, making a small bow of respect to those who had already arrived "It seems some of us, and I do not mean you, simply cannot resist the urge to turn a discussion into a futile argument. It is time we did something fruitful for a change."

Kenshiro said nothing as the vampire twins arrived in the form of huge bats and one of the duo shouted loudly and obnoxiously. He was still skeptical of the twins' commitment, and thus was concerned the they would simply hurl the Council off their backs in mid-flight. Kenshiro made sure not to show any outward sign of his doubt however, and simply continued waiting.

5. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

After all had vacated the Main Hall Nekhlior had remained behind.
    Having gained permission from the Triumvirate to use their Main Hall for his arcane ritual.

The Necrarch secured the doors before beginning, not wishing any idiotic council members interfering.

After some long distance telepathy Nekhlior was joined by Reshorn and Katie.

The beautiful young Lahmian and Ancient Necrarch apprentice walked around the room whispering words of power as they magically etched runes and glyphs into the floor of the ground, connecting the symbols together into a complex magical inscription consisting of circles within circles.

Nekhlior stood in the centre and surveyed the work of his apprentices, truth be told initially he had been unsure how to teleport such a large group.
    Disturbingly it had been the now familiar form his fraying sanity took on that had advised him.

"Don't worry this will definitely work, you're lucky I was here to help." the shade of V'azrin said with a smirk.

"Of course it will. You're not real and thus the idea came from my mind." Neklior muttered quietly.

"Well then as a figment of your fractured mind I have to inform you that the third rune of the second level is incorrect."

Nekhlior frowned and cursed as he saw the mistake, with a hissed incantation he corrected the mark.

Ignoring his dead brother's gloating he watched as Reshorn and Katie finished.

"Return home, I'll do the rest alone...and Reshorn I want the Tower Guard raised encase this all goes wrong so the Tower is secure."

Reshorn bowed and hesitated for a moment.
    "Beware the foul Gods from our homeland Master." his apprentice replied hesitantly before he and the Lahmian vanished in a swirl of shadow.

Nekhlior waited for a few minutes to ensure that the magical residue from his apprentice's teleportation spell had dispersed.

Standing in the centre of the circle Nekhlior calmed him mind, thankfully V'azrin's shade had vanished once more.

Chanting the Necrarch raised his staff, turning slowly he slashed his empty hand through the air.

Stepping out of the centre into the next circle he began writing fiery words into the air. The very fabric of reality began to pucker and twist before tearing apart leaving a gaping ragged tear in existence.

Now to stabilize the portal. he told himself silently.

Still speaking the incantation the vampire stepped forward, grasping the Staff of W'soran with both hands he plunged the stave into the portal.
    The staff shuttered violently as Nekhlior forced magic into the tear to calm the breach.

Slowly the forces calmed down and the tear became an wide and tall oval shape doorway into darkness.

Leaning heavily on his staff Nekhlior limped towards the Main Entrance and pulled the doors open.
    Feeling exhausted he waited for the group to arrive at which point he'd explain how the portal worked.

6. Malochai

Malochai Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Shah walked imperiously into the main hall of Drakenhof Castle where the Council had gathered earlier and almost couldn't recognise the place, so different was the feel as the runes glowed in his vision, leeching magic stably from the aethyr. Lukas was to his right and slightly behind, stony faced and clearly unhappy at having his Ascension postponed and not being able to accompany his liege, to the most dangerous place he had ever dared visit.

'He is your vassal; his feelings shouldn't interfere with what must be done,' he told himself sternly and looked at Nekhlior, bowing very slightly. "Master Nekhlior, it will be an honour to witness your magic first hand."

Suddenly, he was glad for the Lord Regent's absence; the aura he exuded was oppressive and not usually in keeping with the Baron's demeanour. His respect for the necrarch stemmed purely from his great age and magical ability - far beyond what he could ever hope to achieve, although it was tinged with a slight distaste at both his appearance and preference for magic over mundane combat. With that, he began to ponder what they might come to face in the crumbling remains of forgotten civilisations and lost places of the blasted northern Wastes. His main concerns were not the creatures that stalked and hunted on the plains, or the magics which eddied much more strongly, but the Marauders and Warriors themselves. 'Much stronger than the men of the Empire and Kislev, born into a world of hardships amongst a world that was anything but easy. Unafraid of death. Crazed. Barbaric. Intelligent. Almost impervious to damage. They are the true terrors of the world,' he told himself calmly. The creatures didn't cause him much consternation; he had encountered many over his seven centuries, and there had been no few locked in the system of caves beneath Carrasville during his reign. 'No, they will die like all the others. Sheer numbers can overwhelm even us.'

To clear his mind of such thoughts, he smiled almost fatherly and turned his gaze on Lucas, who held his Claws. With his right hand, gloved in soft, supple leather the colour of the night sky, he turned Lukas' face towards him, rather than staring coldly at the wall. "You shall be Turned, Lukas, but there is no time now. I could not take you with me; the Wastes are too dangerous for a newly turned vampire not in control of himself, and I would not leave you without a mentor after turning you. I never forgave my sire for that, even after I took my retribution. You will not suffer like I did." The smile left his mouth, and he turned stony again. "Now, go. The Under Guard need your leadership. You shall remain here until I send word; Captain Dieter has given instructions for you to be given provisions and quarters. You will be allowed access to the training halls. Use the time well. Learn from those around you."

The mortal nodded and handed the vampire the Claws which he held, waiting for them to be strapped on before bowing from the waist and turning on his heel, cloak billowing fully, despite the lack of wind. Another smile touched Baron Markus Shiefter's lips for a split second, and then he turned to the room once more, and - almost as if the thought of his favoured mortal's potential disillusion wasn't niggling at the back of his mind - spoke.

"Lord Rowhaine, I assume we have a plan of action for once we reach the Wastes? I expect you would not ask us to gamble aimlessly about such a hostile envorinment?" He reflected on the odd feelings that the Champion of Asaph conjured into him by just being in the same room; he respected him as a fighter - his performance on the battlefield had proven that without a doubt - but there was something that was just far too ... Alive, for the vampire to be comfortable around him. The Ushabti also made him nervous; the chosen soldiers of gods newly risen after being supposed long dead didn't help his disposition. Doubly so that they were the main guard accompanying the entire group going north.

7. Get of W'soran

Nekhlior nodded to Shah gladdened despite his weary state to see someone give him his due respect as a Sorcerer.

"You'll never get used to not being a Dark Lord of Nagash. You deserve more than this" his pride whispered into his mind.

The fact that it sounded like V'azrin's voice no longer even surprised Nekhlior.

Had the death of his hated brother effected him so? Perhaps it was simply that he no longer had any more brothers that was so disheartening.

"Thank you Lord Shah. I am sure you will see far too much of it, I fear we will find ourselves drowning in the Barbarians soon enough." he rasped at the Blood Dragon

"But I draw courage in that Abhorash's Blood still flows strongly amongst my allies." he said with a respectful nod.

Turning to Rowhaine he nodded.
    "Inform me when I need to explain the process of using the Gateway." he told the mortal before taking a small vial of crimson liquid from his robes and drinking it.

8. the hidden one

Nodding at Kenshiro, Igor replied. "Yes, it seems that some must grind all planning to a halt." He eyed the twins, while thinking of Mortuion.

He listened to Nekhilor explain his magic, and was glad that some among them had magical abilities, as they were fighting against the god of magic.

9. Count Krieger von Blutstein

When no one made a move to climb onto their backs, the Twins shrugged, and turned into their abnormal selves. They managed to arrive back at the council chamber unfashionably late, walking in with loud greetings and salutations just as Nehklior was opening his mouth to explain their mode of transportation. Aidan slapped his hand over Alroy's still gabbing mouth when he noticed that what was being discussed might be important, but that only made things worse. Alroy's haymaker knocked him to the ground, and the two grappled for a moment before finally settling down to listen, sitting cross-legged on the floor like expectant children.

10. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

“We will wait a few moments for the others, Kraskor for one,” Rowahine replied to Nekhlior. The Necrarch’s magic was impressive, to hold a stable rip in the very fabric of the world spoke volumes of his skill and power. The Champion stood to one side, Ushabti collected behind him in preparation, Phahotep at their head.

“As to your question,” Rowhaine replied to Shah, “that is being looked into as we speak.” Rowhaine was reluctant to mention his relationship with Asaph. Being her Champion made many uncomfortable, telling them how closely they spoke, that she was with them right now, watching them, would likely cause great concern.

We may have something, a little longer…

“By the time all arrive and Nekhlior has explained how the portal works, then I should have a clear direction to travel. Our aim is to remain hidden at all costs, and confirm if Banespike is present. If so we must judge at that time whether it is prudent to approach and attempt to confirm his intentions and loyalty. Much of this will depend on what we find out, however I am confident that working together that we will be able to collect useful information, something we can use to formulate a response.”

11. Get of W'soran

Nekhlior tapped his staff on the ground, the sound was amplified magically so that it echoed throughout the hall.

"I am tired of waiting so the rest will simply have to catch on." he rasped impatiently.

The Necrarch gestured at the portal "This gateway requires a huge amount of Magic but most of the energy is on this side and the rift at the other end will use a lot less power so it should be close to undetectable by magi. I shall also cloak us for the first few minutes when we exit encase their are observers. The other end is also invisible. This spell was invented by a skilled Dark Lord of Nagash."

Nekhlior looked around grimly "This is the only way I know to transport such a large amount of people swiftly. It consists of travelling through a temporary plane between the living and dead, visually it is a never-ending land of darkness except for a single narrow silver path connecting the two portals."

Nekhlior smiled faintly "Do not stray from the path or you will be lost. Whilst temporary this realm is filled with the lost dead, they would swarm and destroy us if we strayed. However the greater of them may even tempt to attack us on the path as such I will be casting a warding spell, I have adjusted it slightly so that it exhibits a purple glow."

Nekhlior's grin vanished as he stared seriously at each person in turn
    "So basically, stay on the path and stay close enough to me so that you are enveloped in the glow. Whilst it will take mere minutes in this realm for us to teleport the distance it may feel like seconds, hours or days on the silver path, that is something I simply can not control."

"Best not tell them that I'm not strong enough to cast the warding alone...they don't need to know I'm drawing power from The Tome of Nagash...or which Dark Lord invented this spell." he thought to himself.

Nekhlior suddenly grinned again.
    "Questions?"

12. Count Krieger von Blutstein

Alroy raised a hand high in the air, waving it. "Are the dead in this land able to be hurt by someone not using magic if we are attacked? If not, may we ride on you as small bats? Or would it be safer to simply become wraiths and blend in?" He rolled about on the ground like a child's wobbly toy as he waited for a reply.

13. Get of W'soran

Nekhlior smiled at the strange young vampires, he found them quite amusing.

"Only Magic may harm them but as I say if you remain within my word you will be safe...if you wish to transform into small bats and sit upon my shoulders then that is fine, you'll be perfectly safe." he told the twins in a close approximation of kindness.

14. Count Krieger von Blutstein

In a flash, the Twins became tiny bats, and flitted their way over to the necrarch's shoulders, where they latched on to his robes and sat there, preening themselves. Aidan wished that they were not dependent on the wizard for their safety. The pair had been working with Maria and Katarina to learn how to harness their innate magical skill better, with some small degree of success, but their progress was not nearly great enough for the trip they would now have to make.

"We are glad to see that those who practice Necromancy are not all impudent, small-minded mortals like Mr. Almost-a-Liche." he remarked casually, as Alroy flew out and bit the wing off of a nearby moth in order to watch it flutter the remaining one futily until it crashed into the ground. The little vampire bat let out a demented giggle on impact, and returned to his perch.

15. Malochai

The Lion listened intently to the ancient Necrarch’s description of how the portal would work and felt a shiver walk itself down his back, but held himself as steady as a mountain, refusing to reveal any weakness to those around him. Instead, he let a scathing bark pass his lips when the Fools transformed and perched on his shoulders; it was a rather comic appearance for the withering husk he called a body. Regardless, his respect for the sorceror was even greater than it was prior. It must have been hugely draining, yet the vampire barely seemed to be feeling it.

“Master Nekhlior, I must ask ... What are these ‘greater undead’ which may attack us? I have no desire to stray within this ‘temporary realm’, but I still prefer to be informed.
    “And I assume this realm is woven of the Winds? If so, I may be some limited aid in the worst possibilities, but only if Aqshy is present ... Beyond that, my aid can only be physical on the mundane plains.”

The vampire was feeling increasingly uneasy about this method of travel, even more so than the Fools purported castle - akin to the fabled Fozzrik’s Flying Fortress - as it relied even more so on a skill he couldn’t master. At least the castle would have allowed him a chance at life if something went awry. The blades on his Claws danced to and fro in the only display of nerves he would allow himself to show, before he closed his eyes. ‘Kraskor is still absent,’ he thought, before raising his arms and once more opening his eyes, his Witch Sight showing him Aqshy.

This far south, without the Storm of the battlefield he found it harder than usual to manipulate the Wind. He stood murmuring to himself, chanting meaningless cantrips to focus himself; a trick Isabelle had taught him three hundred years ago in the safety of Carrasville’s caverns, ensconced in a chamber twenty foot wide, high and deep surrounded by wards. He imagined himself back there, gesturing at the aethyric threads of the fire wind around him, drawing certain strings to him and feeling an imagined heat on his skin - not entirely unpleasant, either. After ten minutes, he had a web of threads winding themselves around his Claws and up his forearms. With a mutter, he severed the threads from the main stream, and was about to utter the word he always associated with fire and ignition - feu. And then a noise distracted him, probably just a servant stumbling, or armour clashing as soldiers walked. Whatever it was, the result was the same. His concentration slipped from focusing entirely on the magic he was gathering and trying to categorise the noise - a habit borne from self preservation.

The threads around his weapon and armour drifted away and joined the main streams that flowed about, faint as they were. He growled quietly, scowling in disgust. He quickly moved his hands down to his side, dispersing the warm glow he had felt and turning his gaze, of steely ice, onto the vampires around him, challenging them to comment on what had just occurred.

16. Get of W'soran

Nekhlior rolled his shoulders slightly as the two transformed vampires landed on him, the Necrarch as quite use to bats being around his personal and so quickly turned his attention back to the Blood Dragon as he spoke him.

Nekhlior watched Aqshy cling to Lord Shah's very spirit and guessed the Blood Dragon was a fire mage.

"Your magic would be effective against their kind but as long as we don't wander from the path I doubt we'll even see them. I have used this method multiple times..."

"With smaller parties."

"so we will be fine. The Greater Dead are simply elder inhabitants of the Spirit Realm which have managed to survive undeadth and kept their sense of self more preserved than other lesser dead." he rasped. "Worry not, I assure you I'll keep this group protected."

Nekhlior crossed his arms "Honestly the most dangerous part of this ritual was creating the Portal. If I had done it wrong I could have been incinerated by the rush of arcane energy and brought the castle crashing down."

Nekhlior was feeling impatient, he wanted to leave quickly...and he didn't want to leave the rift open too long.

"Kraskor! We are waiting, if you still plan on coming you had best get to the Hall at once!" he sent over the Link, his mental voice as rasping as his physical one.

17. Sweeney Todd

Sweeney Todd Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Kenshiro strode quickly into the hall, immediately turning his gaze upon the portal to beyond. His face a somber mask, he nodded once to Nekhlior as he explained the portal's operation, making no comment as he listened.

A singular feat of magic...Sweeney Todd wasn't wrong in his estimation of Nekhlior's abilities

Taking a quick glance, Kenshiro noted that not all of the party were present. The gauntlets encasing his hands seemed to somehow amplify instead of muffle the noise of Kenshiro cracking his knuckles, as he waited unperturbed by the possibility of having to confront the incorporeal.

18. Count Darvaleth

Count Darvaleth I <3 marmite Staff Member True Blood

The Blood Dragon cut an impressive figure. He had repaired and refitted his armour in the wait-time, and its black surface shone gently, the golden trimmings practically gleaming. The armour was tough, meteoric steel, and would stand up to a lot of punishment, especially after the work he had given it. A crimson cloak billowed around his shoulders, the hood pulled over his pale face, dark eyes smouldering as if lit from a distance. He was almost completely ready; however, he didn't have a sword.

Kraskor had searched around the Carstein armouries, but nothing as yet seemed suitable. True enough, he could wield any blade with a strong degree of deadliness, but after he had broken his Red Blade nothing had ever lasted that long.

"Swords just aren't made like they used to these days," Kraskor muttered to himself.

Finally, he found a weapon that didn't look like it would break in the first duel Kraskor got himself into. He gave it a couple of swings, sharpened its edge a little on the grindstone, and was about to give it a quick practice when Nehklior's voice came across the Link. Kraskor realised he had tarried too long searching for a blade; he quickly buckled it to his waist, the ostentatious golden wolf-hilt glinting.

"The hilt isn't the bit they should be focussed on..." grumbled Kraskor. He made his way to the main hall, where he found Nehklior explaining a rather ominous-looking portal. As he entered, he heard talk of "Greater Spirits" wandering the quasi-passage the portal would create.

"Might we find, shall we say, "old friends", on the journey?" asked Kraskor as he entered the doorway. "The Red Duke, or Zacharias the Everliving, for example. Might they have manifested themselves in this spirit realm?" Kraskor knew neither vampire would suffer him to pass uncontested, but then the reward of proving Vekarin's loyalty was worth the risk in this case.

19. Get of W'soran

"I wouldn't worry, it would be an exceptional thing if a destroyed vampire's soul managed to detach itself from it's physical remains." he told Kraskor absently as he ran a hand across the Nagashi Tome. "Even if it did the chances of them wandering into this temporary plane would be unimaginably slight."

"I think we are all here now." Nekhlior rasped glad that they could soon be on their way.

20. Malochai

Markus looked up as Kraskor entered, still irritated at his failure to manipulate Aqshy. The Blood Dragon truly looked the part of Vekarin Banespike's get, but something still niggled at Shah about him.

"Lord Kraskor," he intoned sardonically. He was disappointed in the vampire; his utter refusal of a potentil truth showed a weakness in him that he wouldn't let himself see, let alone try and amend. 'If we come across Vekarin now ... He die, truly,' be thought sourly. Despite being a fool, Kraskor was a son of Abhorash, and as such it would be Markus' assumed duty to aid him. 'Resulting in my destruction as well.' He shook his head. He would have much preferred Dieter in Kraskor's place. At least he had his head screwed on straight.

"Whenever you are ready, my Lord Nekhlior," he voiced easily, nodding his head slowly. He flexed his Claws and his left leg twitched. He couldn't wait to be off, even if it was to the Wastes and Death.

21. the hidden one

As Kraskor approached,Igor felt an inward pang of annoyance. He had lost all the respect the he had given the blood dragon for his more reasonable honor. There is no point in limiting yourself in combat to make yourself feel better about winning. If he would only accept the fact that he had daddy issues, and get over it, then he would be a much more valuable member of the council.

"Your magic is most impressive Nekhilor, and I am glad that we don't have to walk to the wastes. I am still a little sore from when you, er, healed me." Igor said with a rare smile.

22. Count Krieger von Blutstein

The Twins piped up from their current roosting place, their voices accompanied by the usual chittering of bats. "If speed is better, it may be clever of us to all turn into wolves, and then one of us can carry Melkior and anyone else who is able to use magic effectively, instead of the other way around! Mel is light and bony, so we could carry two people aside from him with no trouble at all!"

23. Malochai

The young vampire's voice grated on Markus' mind and he scowled further. 'Trying to prove they are useful,' be told himself patiently, graciously ... But he couldn't help imagining their necks clasped in his iron grip.

"I wouldn't trust the safety of any here to yourselves - you are young and naïve. Better we all move at a steady pace we can all sustain over a long period - Nehklior himself said it could feel like days within this Realm. Can you sustain that pace for an unknowable time? Possibly. I'm sure, however, a slow but steady pace will serve us better than a headlong rush.
    "You will gain wisdom with age. Until then, listen and learn. Your impetuousness will not serve you well - indeed, in the end it will serve you only with death!"

24. Count Krieger von Blutstein

The Twins hopped off of Nehklior's shoulders and shifted, each into the massive, draft-horse-sized wolves they had mentioned earlier. They stalked around Markus in alternating circles, chuckling to themselves as they went.

"How silly. The one moment we become serious and have a helpful suggestion, you complain of our inexperience and audacity. Somebody has unresolved anger issues." Alroy chortled.

"That aside, as you can clearly see, we can bear the load, and we are vampires, freshly fed. Days is nothing. And for all you know, we may need Melkior's strength when we reach the Wastes, so making use of his talents for longer than necessary may be unwise." commented Aidan.

"Besides, you have no standing upon which to speak of age or experience. You know nothing of us beyond what we have shown. We could be older than you by millenia, and fought enemies in places you have only heard folk tales about. We would not doubt if both were the case."

25. Malochai

The older vampire sighed and stopped himself from curling his hands into fists. He thought about how he would love to carefully drag his claws across their thick, tough hide, before plunging them between ribs and spearing their hearts. The thrill would be lessened by the fact they were only young, and idiots on top of that, but they would be dead, their voices but memories locked within his mind, and they could be ignored better than the soft padding of their paws across the stone floor of the von Carstein throne room. He collected his thoughts and calmed himself.

"I say you are young and naive; that is true. I said, though, we should move at a pace we can all sustain. We would not all be able to sit astride you. And if Nekhlior - I would learn to get his name correct - suggested this in the first place, I am reasonably sure he can sustain his powers. Added to that, we go to the Wastes. The Winds blow much more strongly there. Even I will be able to use my magic much more easily - though not effortlessly, of course.
    "As to your experience ... Granted, I know nothing of you. And you know nothing of my seven centuries of undeath. I have travelled to the ruins of Bel Aliad and the Southlands, sailed The Great Ocean, and traversed the blasted Darklands.
    "I fought and captured creatures of all shapes and sizes, with all abilities. I wouldn't presume to think you are more experienced than I. Indeed, managing the estates is a time consuming job as it is, without all the pressures put on me from else where. If I were you, I would return to Nekhlior's side and seek his protection during our time in the temporal realm. Speak not of what you do not understand."
    His golden brown eyes had started to flair up angrily, and his hands had formed fists. The quiet tinkling of his Claws scratching against each other reverberated in his ears, and he heard Eva's voice in his mind, soft and soothing. He forced himself to let his anger at the Fool's lack of respect go. His eyes softened slightly, but only slightly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.