1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC II Chapter 6 - Return to Drakenhof

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council II' started by Get of W'soran, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

Mikhail cursed inwardly as he struggle to make sense of what the damned vampires seemed to be discussing rather fervently, they semmed to be hurling around strange names that obviously held great importance to the undead but to Mikhail left him rather bored and unimpressed casually staring off into space. His moment of brief contemplation was interrupted with the hackles on his back tensing as he suddenly sensed something wrong, turning towards the source of the discomfit Mikhail was surprised when the sigil of chaos appeared within the mirror cursing loudly. As the Vampires continued their seemingly pointless discussions again, Mikhail felt suddenly sick as the sigil of chaos slowly started calling to him with sibilant whispers that seemed to echo louder and louder around the room unheard by everyone else as the beast within started to rage within him as Mikhail felt his grip on sanity slip as well as hi control of his bestial nature.

"Enough!!!!" he cried " Get out of my head!!!" whilst nearly stumbling over as he tried regaining his composure mumbling and cursing to himself, the Wight's sensing Mikhail's discomfit drew closer their skeletal hands clutching the pommels and hafts of their weapons as their dead eye sockets filled with a spectral witchfire blazed surveying all around

Slowly regaining his grip on things Mikhail returned to glaring at the vampires whilst sneaking quick glances back at the sigil

"I will go with the skeleton " he announced bluntly gesturing to Kithan "His plan sounds like a good one" desperatly wanting to get far away my the cursed sigil before something bad happened

2. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

"Good!!" Helena retorted, snorting at Satsu's ill-hidden condescension. She would make him eat that attitude of his. In fact, she felt it was well within her rights to walk up to the shady creep, pull off his mask and give him a hard slap right now. However, she decided to let that wait until later when she would rub her success in his stupid face. Then, when Mikhail began his drunken braying Helena reacted to the situation with nothing more than a loud annoyed sigh, rolling her eyes while slumping back in the seat with her arms crossed.

3. Simon von Carstein

Simon von Carstein The Poetic Fiend True Blood TVC II GM

The Colonel acknowledged Satsu's compliment with a nod. "I will of course be happy to place myself under Lord Satsu's command for the duration of mission." he said "Though it would help to know what we were looking for."

"Indeed." Simon nodded in agreement "There is also the matter of getting to Blood Keep. The area around it has been traditionally abandoned for many years however to get to it we have to pass Nuln which is currently under siege and across the front lines into Sigmarite territory. This is not something to be taken likely. A full scale incursion is out of the question we will have to travel in disguise."

4. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

Graveclaw remained in the corner as events transpired a low growl rumbling in his chest which increased in volume as Simon entered the room. “Graveclaw sssssay leave the whore to rot, she desssserve it` the Ghoul king rumbled, rising to his feet. "And there is nothing elsssse to be learned in the Wasssstessss, the Chaos Lord will reveal himssssself in time and then Graveclaw will tear off his damned head, but for now Graveclaw will go with the knight to talk to the Dragons" the Strogoi glared coldly at Simon, as if daring him to protest.

5. MasterSpark

Helena was reminded of Graveclaw's presence as the ghoul-king started to speak in its growling tongue. She didn't really listen to what the beast said, as she was instead preoccupied with thoughts of how to get a collar placed on it. She would very much like to have a ghoul-king as a pet and through this night's transpirings Helena figured that she might have the leverage to make it happen... ghoul-kings were dangerous creatures, though, and she knew better than to walk right into its sights. There would be a right time for her to make her move but tonight was not it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  6. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

Morturion said to Karl: "I am glad for this military delegation. I hope that our troops can cooperate regarding this matter, with different scouting groups having areas in which they can be most elusive, and special forces coordinating to strike most effectively if needed. The combined force of three delegations should be enough to drive out the assassins and their soldiers, unless there are significantly larger forces at the Pinnacle than we witnessed on our last venture there. Then, if the scouts have not seen such a force before the main assault on the Pinnacle, which would be an unlikely occurrence, at least we will be able to gauge their total strength through the partial expenditure a relatively minor force." Morturion suddenly realised he'd missed out something that he ought to have said, but smirked slightly anyway as he said it after a delay. "Excluding any council members that might happen to be at risk in such a conflict, of course."

Morturion listened as Nekhlior spoke. So Rowhaine's pawn has not passed away. What a pity...she only needed to survive the battle to improve the morale. Otherwise, she serves no feasible purpose but on the frontline, and she's not even fit for that, I'm told. Still - Morturion perked up at this thought - at least she won't be causing any more...inconveniences...with her vindictive righteousness and potential capacity for eavesdropping. Morturion opened his mouth to reply to his former tutor, and then paused, not quite sure what to say. "Idiocy is happening," he stated bluntly, before pausing again uncomfortably. It was a thought far more immediate than any other about the council's behaviour in his mind. "Tensions between various members including drunk werewolves, immortal children and ghoul kings are not helping to speed up this decision making. It does not help that our attempt to contact the Pinnacle seems to have been rudely and violently interrupted by a chaotic force." He cast his eyes briefly over to where they chaos star had formerly lain. "We're deciding where to go. I can't say that I have faith in the abilities of my colleagues, especially when it comes to the missions requiring more subtlety. Still, your apprentice seems to be no longer under such scrutiny. Kraskor's managed to get away with what is obviously latent treachery; as your tutor you should be proud of him." Morturion beamed at Nekhlior. "After all, he's following in your footsteps," he chuckled, with a tinge of worry. The blood dragon, in his opinion, was a dangerous beast, as was his apprentice.

Morturion's face was drained of colour as Satsu agreed to take Helena to the Amethyst college. A quick calculation convinced the necromancer that complaint would be no way of getting her removed - and abandoning the trip himself was not an option. He presented Satsu with a fixed smile, and said chillingly, "Well, I'm glad to hear you're taking responsibility for young Helena. Should she step out of line and endanger the expedition, I understand that you will be the one to silence the child, by any means necessary."

He addressed Simon next. "Don't worry, I know what I am searching for, I just need to access the building and then I can direct the group to the location of the artefact I desire. Unless it has been moved, I expect it will still be in the college's vaults. I am confident that others who have specified their interest in acquiring certain objects there - " the wizard gave a pointed look at Faust and Roland " - will be able to impart to us the general locations of the items they wish to acquire. I hope they know where they are likely to be, at least."

7. MasterSpark

Helena was broken out of her thinking by Morturion speaking his mind about her joining them to the college of magic. Instead of getting riled up by the continued belittling of her abilities she was instead adopting a new approach to the matter. It was plainly obvious to Helena now that these people had no idea who she were and what she was capable of. There was nothing that she couldn't steal. She would take great pleasure when they would subsequently grovel at her feet.

She looked at Morturion with an impish smile.

"Do not worry, old man" she said, smugly. "You will be thanking me when I have taken whatever it is you want to steal, which I will give to you... if you ask me nicely."

And then she would have them all whipped for their insolence.

8. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

Niklaus had refrained from commenting as Helena got increasingly annoying and...rude? Effectively insulting Morturion? That was not something sensible. he remained quiet, however, not wishing to attract any more ire from the arrogant child von Carstein. And what was she thinking? Morturion did nto seem the type to ask nicely. Niklaus didn't know her abilities, but was sure Morturion was above Helena's. Maybe she wouldn't be missed...

9. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Satsu chuckled at Helena's response before glanced at Morturion "Fear not Master Morturion, the child may surprise you yet."

Meanwhile Nekhlior was grinning at the ancient Necromancer "Then I am ever so proud of him, sadly however I will never have a student so apt at betrayal as you my boy."

"Nor I". The Shade of V'azrin added with amusement.

Nekhlior's head whipped round to glare at the returned delusion.

With a muttered curse Nekhlior turned back to the Council.
    "Now children! I think it best that you hurry up and do something useful so that I can get on with my research, the noise you're all making in here is quite distracting!."

10. MasterSpark

"Stop calling me a child!" Helena snapped at Satsu. He wasn't the only one to have done it but it was starting to become bothersome. And when Nekhlior then addressed them as children Helena wasn't attentive enough to notice that it was to the group at large. She glared and growled at the Necrarch. The aggravation of it all was just too much.

11. the hidden one

the hidden one Streets Ahead

I am already regretting this trip. Igor thought. At best, Helena will be an annoyance. At worst? We will be discovered.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I hope that the strigoi eats Helana. That would an ideal start to this mission, and would take everyone's mind off of the previous failures at least. Odric smiled grimly to himself.

12. Count Vashra

Every time Helena opened her mouth, Niklaus got more irritated with her. She was being called a child because that was what she was! 800+ years old she may be, but still physically, and apparently mentally from observations of her behaviour, a child. She needed to accept it. He was sick of trying to intervene in matters she was involved in.
    Then Nekhlior spoke sense. He agreed with the old Vampire, and said, 'I agree with Master Nekhlior. There has been enough discussion, and who remains to make a choice? The few who have not yet chosen where to go, should, and then those of us with...servants will be able to arrange their deployment.'

13. Get of W'soran

Nekhlior saw that the child vampiress was staring at him with, what he assumed was, utter admiration. Not surprising though, after all how often did such lowly creatures get to bask in the presence of one so ancient, revered and knowledgeable as he.

He smiled kindly at the insignificant girl, allowing her to bask in his greatness, it was likely the most significant moment of her existence.

Hearing Niklaus speak the Necrarch clapped whilst beaming at the shadowy vampire "Quite right!"

14. Count Vashra

Niklaus smiled back at Nekhlior, glad to have received a positive word from the old and supposedly highly respectable Vampire. Not that he needed praise from Vampires, but...it still felt good. He saw Helena looking at Nekhlior, and doubted it was with admiration. She'd probably misinterpreted his use of 'children.' How relieved he would be to get away from her.

15. Get of W'soran

Nekhlior was now beginning to feel uncomfortable as he noticed that Helena was still staring at him.

There was admiration and then there was just being creepy.

"Perhaps she likes you." The shade of V'azrin taunted.

Nekhlior turned to stare in disgust at the imaginary version of his brother. The delusion simply shrugged
    "What? Children can have crushes...best hope she's not the stalking type though...you don't need her finding out about the whole 'talks to his dead brother' thing...oh look she's still looking at you"

Nekhlior glanced back at Helena to see that she was, indeed, still staring at him.

Feeling extremely uncomfortable now the Necrarch began sliding down the chair he was sitting on in an attempt to use Morturion to to block the girl's line of sight in what he (wrongfully) believed was a subtle move.

Meanwhile the Shade of V'azrin chuckled at his discomfort.

16. MasterSpark

When they had made eye contact Helena had been waiting for Nekhlior to deliver an apology for his rudeness, but instead the cadaver had just stood there, with what Helena thought might have been a smile on its face, before it had summarily dismissed her. It had been looking around itself like it was delusional, obviously trying to feign an excuse to escape its apology, and now it had sat itself down and attempted to break her line of sight to it. However, Helena would have none of it. If the wizened old coot wouldn't respond to words then she would take action; without looking she retrieved an object from the table in front of her. It was a piece of chicken that for some reason had not been cleared out after the dining earlier. There was still some meat on it and it would serve well as a vessel for justice.

She threw it. The improvised missile flew through the air towards Nekhlior, and it would strike him right between the eyes. Helena's aim was ever true.

17. Get of W'soran

An old cadaver Nekhlior might appear but he was in fact an ancient Vampire Lord who had a keen enough instincts of self-preservation to survive hundreds of battles and attempts on his life.

This was no different.

As Helena's thrown weapon flew towards the Necrarch he darted to his feet and swept up the staff of W'soran in a single motion whilst thrusting the arcane item before him and roared an incantation that had saved his life countless times

"Umbram Protegat!"

The words were said with such inhuman speed that they were barely comprehensible.

The air swirled with potent magic as a wall of shadow leapt forth into existence between Nekhlior and Helena.

All of this occurred in mere moments before the piece of meat was even half way towards the withered wizard.

What happened next was either sheer misfortune or malevolent design for when the chicken struck Nekhlior's arcane shield it was rebounding back the way it came with equal force but at slightly downward angle.

Right towards Morturion's head.

18. Count Vashra

Niklaus was surprised and shocked at what Helena had done. 'Helena! How dare you?' he said, struggling to keep his voice level. He flicked his hand out, and a gout of shadow burst forth to intercept the unusual missile before it could connect with Morturion, then solidified to crush it. he had been waiting for an opportunity to use his magic, but had not been expecting this. 'I suspect all of us hold some mistrust of someone else here. We are Vampires, after all. And Necromancers.' And you're von Carstein, he added silently. 'But I do not see what you hold against Nekhlior. If you are annoyed he used the word 'children' then he used that to describe the Council as a whole. He is Necrarch, and likely ancient, so most would appear as children to him. it was not specifically directed against you. I have tried to reason with you, but my patience is wearing thin.' Niklaus' voice began to relax. 'It is for the best we are not going on the same mission. I hate to think what would happen if we were. You do not throw improvised missiles at ancient Vampires. It is extremely impolite, and serves no purpose.' Niklaus did not suggest she apologise. he felt forced apologies meant less than volunteered ones, and either way doubted Helena would give one. 'I suggest you refrain from such activity, and that we begin our journey as soon as possible before inaction causes more flare-ups like this.' Now he was completely sick of Helena. Her behaviour had been bad enough, but assaulting Nekhlior was too much.

19. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

Morturion was halfway through initiating a slightly indignant reply to Nekhlior, whilst trying to exercise caution throughout his conversation, when a series of events happened at lightning pace and left him staring blankly forwards with his mouth half-open. The surreal and comical image of the gaping, pallid necromancer was only added to by a handful of errant crushed chicken crumbs pattering gently onto his head. With deathly silence, he turned his head, his expression unchanged, to look at Nekhlior, then Helena, then Niklaus, then back at Nekhlior again.

Nekhlior planned this...incident. Caution be damned.

"In all likelihood, you've set this up," Morturion muttered quietly, with a strange mixture of conviction and shock. "Damn you, you old fool."

Morturion rose, quaking with rising rage, before remembering the unfortunate events that transpired when he lost his temper last time during a council meeting. On the precipice of exploding with anger, the necromancer gingerly lifted a trembling hand to his head, and brushed the crumbs off, looking daggers at Helena. As he did so, he said, "Satsu's right; you've certainly surprised me.

"You still haven't given me much of a reason as to why are you are still here, in this room, at this time, after that fiasco." He paused for a moment, before continuing curtly, "Go on. I'm listening."

20. Get of W'soran

Nekhlior dispelled the shadow wall with a gesture and smiled at Niklaus, waving a hand in a placating gesture.

"Now, now, no need to get angry. It's only a little piece of food. Beside's children will be children after all."

At Morturion's accusations the Necrarch put on an aggrieved expression that didn't quite look authentic "Morty, such hurtful words."

-----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Satsu saw Karl was looking at him with a slightly accusatory look as if this where all somehow his fault.

Satsu shook his head "I...don't even..." he shrugged helplessly, half-gesturing at Helena.

The assassin tried to ignore Karl's annoyed look and glared at Helena.

Perhaps I'll have to take disciplinary action sooner than anticipated.

21. Count Vashra

Nehkilor's words went some way to calming Niklaus. Maybe he had overreacted. But child-like Helena may be, she was certainly old enough to count as an adult where it mattered - in her behaviour. Either way, he had said his piece, and didn't really feel like getting into arguments over whether Helena was a child or not. Also he was surprised Nehklior had so calmly brushed off the action. Still, he was Necrarch so who knew what was going on inside his head? And why had he been looking around frantically? A matter for another time.

22. MasterSpark

Helena was frustrated enough by Nekhlior's defence to make her gnash her teeth. She was about to blindly pick up another object to throw at him when she was interrupted by Niklaus, the meddling mediator, as she had styled him herself. She didn't care about what he had to say, she was fed up with the derision she was getting from these strangers inside her home.

Then, however, Helena noticed that she had drawn Morturion's ire towards herself. His eyes burned with balefire as he spoke to her in his chilling tone, but she strongly felt that she was being wrongfully blamed.

"It's all his fault!" she screamed, pointing violently at Nekhlior. "He should've been hit in his wrinkly old face to pay for his disrespect and then he should've been whipped and then-!"

She was becoming irate, making it difficult for her to speak properly.

"And then-!!"

She gave up trying to explain her just actions to Morturion and the rest of the group. She sighed angrily and looked around to see the eyes of many on her. She saw Satsu's hard stare from behind the mask, she saw Karl with his disapproving expression, and she even saw Simon, her saviour, looking at her unamused. Helena knew that it was unbefitting of one of her high station to throw food around herself, human food nonetheless, but she would definitely not apologize for it. It had been justified, as an insult to Nekhlior for his insults towards her. She gave one last glance around the room before she crossed her arms tightly across her chest, sighed again and threw herself into the back of her chair, her face sullen and eyes downward.

23. Get of W'soran

"Child." Nekhlior said placatingly "I am unsure if I can pay disrespect to those for which I never held respect."

The vampire continued, his words were without judgement and almost kindly "If one sounds as though they speak without thinking and has no known noteworthy acts well then...what are they but simply impulsive children?"

Nekhlior was referring to more than just Helena although his speech didn't make that overly clear.

The Necrarch chuckled "You are but a young girl and I understand that your words have little...focus...however..." the ancient sorcerer smiled pleasantly "threaten me again, implied or not, and I shall remove your ability for speech."

The nonchalance with which Nekhlior added the last made the calm statement all the more chilling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Satsu looked at Nekhlior with unease, he had worked alongside the more ancient Necrarchs before and they could be as unpredictable as they were powerful.

Before the assassin could say something however Karl spoke.

"Ladies and Gentlemen please!" The Lord Regent began looking around the table "Let us not lose focus on the task at hand due to trivial nonsense."

"Many of you have already stated your choice but not all, you must decide now."

Karl relaxed back into his chair "Once the entire membership of the council has been heard and the consensus for the next steps reached then I can begin making arrangements to assist you all."

24. MasterSpark

Helena stubbornly kept her eyes low, but she heard everything that Nekhlior was saying. The old creature did intimidate her despite his whimsical ways. She cast him a brief glance after he had finished speaking to her but when she noticed that he saw her looking at him she quickly drew her eyes back down in front of her, biting her own tongue to make sure that it was still there.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  25. Bounce

Bounce Varghulf

Elanor struggled to avoid giggling while watching the withered necromancer get hit in the face by a stray piece of chicken. She wished she could do that and get away with it. If only they would hurry up and leave and they could perhaps get back to doing something more useful then merely making snide remarks to each other. She for one was doing her best not to get involved. There was little point antagonising anyone here. They were after all allies and from what she had seen at the silver pinnacle the council needed as many allies as they could find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.