1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC II Chapter 8 - Stealth and Subterfuge

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council II' started by The Dread King, Feb 5, 2015.

1. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

"Oh come now, do not be so glum" Helena said to Elanor brightly and without the antipathy from before. "As my servant I will teach you how to carry yourself with proper dignity. You will grow to be a better person after your time with me."

Helena then turned to acknowledge the others present in the hall. "With this victory I believe any doubts as to my ability will have been dispelled" she proclaimed confidently. And there was more to come, with swordplay being only a small part of her collective skills. If they were impressed by this then she would leave them in awe later.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  2. MasterSpark

Noticing a lack of action around the room Helena turned to Nicoletto to address him.

"I have had my fill of fencing for tonight. Did you also have some things to inform me of in private? I think now would be a good time for it."

3. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Nicoletto looked a little disappointed that no one had taken him up on his offer and nodded to Helena.

"It will be nice to catch up my dear." he said with a smile.

Walking to the wall he pulled on a slim cord that descended from a small hole in the wall.

After a few moments a mortal man with a vampire at his waist walked in and bowed.

"My Lord." he greeted in a Tilean accent a little like Nicoletto's.

"Take care of the Council Members, if they wish a fencing lesson be kind enough to oblige."

He turned back to the Council. "This is Francesco, a pupil of mine. Whilst he lacks our natural abilities he is a skilled fencer, he will be happy to assist you if you decide to take advantage of this hall's training facilities."

With a smile Nicoletto bowed slightly. "Please excuse us. If you are interested in some other type of distraction then Master Giovanni will see to your needs."

Placing a hand on Helena's shoulder in an almost paternal gesture. "This way my dear." he told her as he guided the young vampiress out of the hall.

4. MasterSpark

Helena was about to go with Nicoletto when she stopped, remembering that she had forgotten something.

"Oh, servant girl!" she called out without a name but it was clearly referring to Elanor, "Come with me." Helena then noticed that Nicoletto had stopped and she looked up to see his puzzled expression. "I want to keep her close", she added with a smirk.

5. Bounce

Bounce Varghulf

Elanor was surprised to hear Helena demanding she come with Nicoletto in their secret, private, rendezvous meeting but she was nonetheless eager to find out what they might be scheming about. Unless they planned to kill her...

"Of course, mistress." Elanor said sweetly.

6. the hidden one

the hidden one Streets Ahead

Igor smiled to himself. Somehow, I don't think that I will be allowed to fence with a dagger that causes wounds that never heal.

7. Get of W'soran

Nicoletto strode back into the fencing salle to find the Colonel, Igor and Morturion standing there with an exceptionally bored looking Giovanni.

"Boring fellows aren't they?" he thought to himself.

"Gentlemen!" Nicoletto greeted with an easy smile "If you are finished here shall we retire to the parlour?"

8. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

Morturion had been puzzling over planned undead constructs. Designing such creatures and planning the construction of the components required to make them was easy, but most of his more ambitions creations simply fell apart upon animations. The wizard reflected that such was the nature of his trade as a necromantic artificer; a quill, inkwell, and parchment had earlier withdrawn from his coat, and from the seats in the training room he had written notes and sketched diagrams as to the modification of existing creations to better their abilities in combat. Alas, he lamented internally, this business is so much more difficult without a laboratory to test my hypotheses. How tedious...

Progress without the facilities associated with a laboratory became slower after initial planning stages, and it was grinding to a halt when, pleasantly, the necromancer's boredom was interrupted by Nicoletto's return. "Ah yes," Morturion replied, "that would be a wise idea. I trust that Helena and Elanor are not, ah, particularly troubled?" He needed to check, of course, that no significant problems had impeded their ability to serve in the upcoming mission, although in truth he did not care much for them. He had a nagging suspicion that Nicoletto's role as 'handler' might have come into play, should Helena have thrown a fit. Hence her absence... Morturion pondered.

9. Get of W'soran

Nicoletto smiled and gestured for the others to follow him. "Helena and the Lady Rosenberg are with Lisette...ah my wife." he explained to the Necromancer as they left the fencing hall.

"They will join us soon enough so let us relax in the meantime."

It only took a short time until they had returned to the Parlour. Nicoletto took a seat before gesturing his Necromancer man-servant.

"Giovanni, to bring us some appropriate drinks and food if our living friends wish it."

10. MasterSpark

Helena arrived at the parlour together with Elanor and Lisette. The three made their way to sit with their companions but Helena, head held high, didn’t spare a word of greeting or even a glance to the others. The only thing she said was a bid for Elanor to sit next to her once she had chosen her seat. Her disapproval of the motley crew was boldly displayed.

Once seated, Helena got to thinking about the situation ahead of her. This was an important quest, for sure, and her family expected her to carry it out successfully, but at the same time Helena felt that it was more of an obstacle than anything else at this point. She would rather have it out of the way so she could turn her attention towards more important things, such as finding the elusive husband she knew she deserved. At this thought she looked up at Nicoletto with some jealousy.

Helena had waited long enough. This was to be her time of triumph but first they had to get going.

When are we leaving?” she asked Nicoletto, the impatience clear in her voice.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  11. Get of W'soran

Nicoletto nodded to his wife as she entered and smiled at the three women "Ladies." he greeted.

However the Lahmian sighing softly as Helena made no effort to be pleasant with her allies, he wondered what had possessed the vampiress to work with people she seemed to despise.

"When are we leaving?" his student asked in a rather impatient tone.

With a smile Nicoletto clicked his fingers with a glance at Giovanni. The mortal strode over to him and quietly told his master of the situation.

"I see." the Tilean said before turning back to the Council. "It will be late into tomorrow before the proper arrangements are made, for now the servants have prepared rooms for each of you."

The vampire stood "In the meantime I recommend we all get some rest. The servants will show you the way." he added as a group of mortals entered quietly.

12. Get of W'soran

Giovanni stepped up to whisper something to Nicoletto making the Lahmian frown.

He turned back to his guests and spoke "I have something to attend to before turning in for the day but as I said the servants will show you to your rooms or see to any other needs you have."

"Well I bid you Good Morning...or Good Night for those who's hearts still beat."
    he said lightly with an amused grin.

With a polite bow the Lahmian left the room.

After her husband left Lisette turned to smile at Helena "Allow me to show you to your room." she said happily "We have organised it so that your Handmaiden's room will be next door." she added with another smile for Elanor.

13. MasterSpark

"Thank you, Lisette. That is most considerate of you" Helena replied to Lisette. After first sighing with disappointment that they wouldn't be setting into action despite her spirited determination she felt that a period of rest would do her good. Helena beckoned for Elanor to leave with her when she remembered that there was something she'd forgotten.

"Oh, Lisette," she said, "would you ask for your servants to bring my chest to the room? I left it in the training hall but I have something there that I want to keep close."

The lucky charm that Helena always kept on her was still in the chest after having been deposited prior to the duel with Elanor. For centuries there hadn't been a day where she had slept without it.

14. Get of W'soran

"Of course." Lisette said and snapped her fingers at one of the nearby servants "Fetch Lady Helena's things please."

A pair of mortals bowed and hastily followed their mistress' orders.

As the three vampiress' walked down the hall Lisette added "You will both be staying in the west wing, the others will be in the east." she smiled over her shoulder at the others "My room is just down the hall from your own."

After a few minutes they reached the pair of room and Lisette opened one of the doors.

"This is your room Helena." she said with a gesture towards the interior.

The large bedroom was beautifully furnished with paintings and decorations that were likely older than the house itself, no doubt stolen by Nicoletto over the centuries.

The room also had a giant four-poster bed which was as extravagant in it's appearance as the rest of the Tilean's home, however against the wall there also rested a plain wooden coffin which somewhat amusingly was covered in artistic engravings and silver fittings.

"We did not know which the Council preferred so each room that has been readied for our kind has both." he explained with a nodded at the Bed.

Lisette crossed the room to open a second door which led directly to another, almost identical, room.

"And this will be yours Lady Elanor."

Lisette smiled at her guests "I hope this will suit you?"

-----------------------------------------------

Nicoletto returned to the room he had brought Helena to earlier.

When he got there Franz was already waiting for him, the assassin seemed to be reading the spines of the books in the nearby bookcase.

Nicoletto quickly activated the room's enchantment to give the vampires privacy before speaking. "What do you want Assassin?"

Franz turned to the Tilean, he wore a chillingly blank expression. "We need to speak about the girl."

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  15. MasterSpark

Helena looked over the room provided for her with a smile. The decorated coffin across the room appeared quite inviting now that the weariness of immortality was encroaching on her mind. The fact that her unsavoury companions on the council would be resting at the other end of the manor gave Helena additional satisfaction.

"This will do perfectly, Lisette. Thank you," she said, answering for both herself and her new maid. After bidding their host a good rest Helena and Elanor were alone in the room.

"Go now, servant girl," Helena said. "The coming night will be sure to be an important one. Remember what I have taught you and sleep well."

After Elanor had left the room Helena looked to see that her chest of belongings had already been delivered to the chamber. She hurried over to it and was relieved to find her prized lucky charm stowed away inside. By now the talisman should have had time to gather power to itself for her protection. Despite being in the home of a dear friend Helena still felt safe from keeping it on her person during rest. Taking it, she made her way over to the coffin and entered into its velvety interior. It was far larger than what she actually needed but its silken linings provided it with all the comfort Helena was used to with her own coffin.

The lucky charm hung from around her neck and she took hold of it on her chest with both hands, one on top of the other. Closing her eyes Helena grasped the charm tightly as the coffin's lid sealed her inside it, letting her sink into the deep sleep of undeath.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  16. The Dread King

After sitting in a trance-like state of quiet reflection for some time, Morturion rose to his feed, nodding at Giovanni. "Some rest now would benefit my constitution; that would be invaluable before tomorrow's mission. I look forward to setting off to the Amethyst College tomorrow with your master. Until then, good night, sir," Morturion said, walking out of the room.

As the necromancer had expected, a servant scurried after him, gesturing at a room where the wizard could sleep for the evening. Not even sparing a thank you for the human, Morturion walked into the room, absorbed in his own thoughts, and collapsed on to a bed, falling asleep soon afterwards. The events of the last few days had been tumultuous indeed, and had taken their toll on the necromancer, who would benefit from mortal sleep (although he did not require it for his own survival).

For Morturion, this night granted valuable time in which to slumber and reflect on pressing issues.

17. Get of W'soran

"No." Nicoletto muttered with a shake of his head as he dropped into his seat behind the desk.

Franz stepped forward to stand opposite him. "This isn't a request, it is a command from my Commander himself."

The Tilean shook his head "Do the Triumvirate know?"

The von Carstein smirked "The leaders of our glorious kingdom do not concern themselves with the destiny of one tiny insignificant girl."

Nicoletto ran a hand through his hair and shook his head. "They may not know about this but what about the Master of your Order?"

Franz hesitated causing Nicoletto to smile slightly "Then I suggest we ask him."

Franz snarled "No! She will either be deemed worthy or be done away with! Even a single weak link in our Order endangers us all as you should know brother." he spat the last word with distaste before smilingly coldly "And I'm afraid the Headmaster is on assignment right now."

Nicoletto sighed "This is all hypothetical anyway, Helena will surprise you. She's more talented than you think, she'll show us that she is worthy of this honour."

That seemed to satisfy Franz who nodded. "Very well but the Council's foray into the College will be the girl's test and if she fails it is her mentor's duty to grant her the final death. If not then I will step in."

Nicoletto frowned "And who will judge her performance?"

Franz shrugged "Well will...both of us." he assured the Tilean as he strode away and then vanished in a swirl of shadow.

The fencing master sat at his desk until the door swung open and Lisette disengaged the enchantment of silence. "What happened?" she asked softly.

Nicoletto shook his head. "It doesn't matter. While the Council is here we will use the safe room." he told her as he strode over to one of the bookcases. Nicoletto tugged on one of the books causing a hidden mechanism to activate to force the bookcase to swing open like a door revealing a hidden staircase.

The Lahmian and von Carstein descended the staircase as the bookcase swung closed behind them.

18. Bounce

Bounce Varghulf

Elanor smiled at Lisette.
    "Thank you for the room. Good night and sweet dreams, mistress."
    She added to Helena before entering the room and closing the door swiftly behind her. It was nice to be alone. The room was nicely furnished although looked slightly odd with no bed, only a large black coffin. She opened the lid, feeling the hard polished wood. It was beautifully made and lined with the softest velvet. She stepped in and laid down. it was slightly too big for her but she didn't mind. She locked it from the inside and closed her eyes. Floating off into dreams of blood and death.

19. Get of W'soran

The sun set to the sound of heavy rain ushering in another night for Altdorf, with the sun down each Council member was now free to leave their rooms and roam the house as they wished.

Nicoletto was already dressed and impeccably groomed standing in the foyer with Giovanni and a third robed mortal where they conversed silently.

20. MasterSpark

Helena's eyes snapped open with great intensity. The night had finally come and there was now no more time to spend lingering in rest. With one swift motion she burst out of her coffin and strode out into the room. The excitement was such that she couldn't remember feeling it since the bygone days where she'd be entrusted with and sent on important personal missions by uncle Vlad. Tonight would be when Helena would reclaim her standing in the family, of that she was certain.

As she was readying herself for the quest ahead she called out to Elanor in the room adjacent. "Oh, servant girl!" she shouted, "Make yourself ready to depart and then come to me!"

When met with a short moment's silence she cried out again, this time in a harsher voice, "Servant girl!"

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  21. The Dread King

Having woken some time ago silently in his room, Morturion heard Helena readying herself for departure outside in the corridor and resolved to join her. Straightening out his robes, he left the room with a brisk step, walking out into the corridor and making his way to the main foyer.

The night air was virtually crackling with potential - there was so much that had to be done; items to be obtained, goals to be achieved...ah, there is almost nothing in this world so pleasing as the feeling of progress, Morturion reflected. The resurgence of the Nagashi is at hand. The necromancer addressed Nicoletto: "I trust everything is prepared?"

22. Get of W'soran

The robed stranger turned to look at Morturion as he approached, the man was dressed in heavy robes of a Dark Purple hue and in his hand the mortal held a staff in the form of a scythe.

A Death Mage of the Amethyst College.

Nicoletto smiled "This is Magister Soren Salazar, he is the agent I believe I mentioned."

The wizard nodded "A pleasure." he greeted in the accent of Reikland Nobility.

Nicoletto grinned "Let us go adjourn to the Parlour, I will explain everything once the others arrive."

23. The Dread King

Morturion nodded in greeting to the wizard. He was similar in appearance to the necromancer himself (although perhaps the ravages of time and dark magic did not show so much in a death wizard's face as in the necromancers). "Gladly," Morturion murmured in response to Nicoletto, setting off in the direction of the parlour and wondering what chaos Helena might be causing at this very moment.

24. MasterSpark

Also on her way to the parlour, Helena had decided to leave without Elanor. She wasn't fond of tardiness but she had decided that she wouldn't be needing her new handmaiden's service where they were going. The servant girl would have to make amends later.

Helena's brisk pace of walking caught up with Nicoletto and some others just as they were leaving the foyer ahead of her. She didn't know who they all were, but she knew that aside from Nicoletto she didn't care for them. Helena hurried the pace of her stride as she called out to Nicoletto, hoping to stop them before they vanished from sight.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  25. Get of W'soran

Nicoletto paused hearing Helena and gestured for Morturion, Giovanni and Magister Salazar to move on.

The Lahmian waited for his diminutive apprentice to reach him.

He smiled at Helena "Hello Helena, I hope you slept well?" he frowned for a moment looking down the hall behind her "I thought your friend the Lady Rosenburg would be here."

With a shrug Nicoletto continued "My agent is waiting with Master Morturion in the Parlour, I'll explain tonight's plan once we get there...unless you wish to speak in private first my dear?"