1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC II Chapter 8 - Stealth and Subterfuge

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council II' started by The Dread King, Feb 5, 2015.

1. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

Helena smiled back at Nicoletto.

"The servant girl decided to idle so I left without her. She should be with us soon enough. As for me, I am quite eager to embark on our mission, so let's not tarry needlessly. Please lead the way."

2. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Nicoletto opened his mouth as if to say something before shaking his head slightly and smiling "This way then my dear."

The Lahmian and von Carstein entered the Parlour taking their seats.

Once seated Nicoletto smiled "I am sure Master Igor, Lady Rosenburg and the Colonel will join us shortly."

3. MasterSpark

Having followed Nicoletto to their seats, Helena looked around the room at the others who had gathered there. She frowned when she saw that it was just some insignificant humans and the unlikeable Morturion. However, bothersome though he was it was still by the necromancer's schemes that they would now be going on this much anticipated adventure. Proper greetings were in order.

"A good night, is it not?" Helena said to Morturion, her assuredness apparent in voice and face. "A night of nights where we go and take what we desire."

4. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

Morturion looked at the new arrivals. Excellent; everything is in order and there seems to be no internal animosity of significance here. He responded to Helena, "Quite. Once we're inside the building, with the knowledge of our informant death mage, we should be able to find the artefacts we require. They have a formidable reputation, no doubt, and hence their location will be known to most wizards of the amethyst college - however, they will probably also be well secured for the same reason.

"We will proceed with caution, of course."

5. The Dread King

OOC: I'm RPing GoW's characters until he can get back to the RP.

Nicoletto nodded his head slightly, in agreement with Helena. "Helena, this is master Salazar," he said, gesturing to the death wizard standing beside him, "a mage of the amethyst college who saw which way the tide was turning in this war and had the sense to join our Empire. He is familiar with the college's outer defences, and hence with his aid we will breach them."

His face darkened a little at the thought of what came next. "The inner defence mechanisms are hard to evade, even with the knowledge of a mage who knows of them. We will have to be careful, but we should be able to slip in and then out of the building silently with our cargo as long as we do not activate any rune-triggered traps."

Morturion interrupted, "Does Salazar know where the items that I require can be located? They are the Gem of Bound Souls, the Orb of Morbid Power and the Shattered Staff of the Dreamer's Tower."

Salazar's brow furrowed in thought, and, after a brief pause, he replied, "I can roughly locate the vaults in which they will be stored, but the Amethyst Order is scrupulous in its storage of powerful items such as those. As a security measure of sorts, it rearranges the positioning of its artefacts on a regular basis, so I will not be able to pinpoint exactly where each of the items you mention will be hidden in the vaults. of the college."

Morturion considered cursing, but reflected that this revelation was a tolerable one. After all, at least he knew for certain that the items he was looking for would be found in the vaults, even if he did not know where exactly they would be stored.

Confident that the exchange between the two wizards was over, Nicoletto continued, "Some of my agents will, on my command, aid in ensuring our exit from the college occurs without council casualties. We are fully prepared for this operation, and so we set off imminently. Our coaches our prepared for travel, but remember - stay quiet at all times whilst in the college, and trust in the navigational skills of my servants.

"The items we are searching for are crucial to the success of the council, the Triumvirate, and all vampire kind, so I must remind you that we do not leave before master Morturion has his artifacts, unless I say so, and I will only do so in case of emergency. We intend to kill only if necessary; avoid conflict with mortals wherever and whenever possible."

The Lahmian readied himself to set off on the journey to the council, and then remembered that there might be more to address before doing so. Looking around the room at the assorted undead that were to follow his lead, he asked, "Are there any questions?"

6. MasterSpark

Helena, looking at Salazar, had her doubts whether or not she trusted her mission to be guided by a human. However, seeing as Nicoletto apparently had confidence in him she would trust in his judgment. When Morturion declared the names of the items they were after, though, Helena couldn’t stop herself from giggling. With those dramatic names they sounded like something right out of a fairy tale.

Nodding in accordance with Nicoletto’s instructions on the coming venture, there was no doubt left in Helena’s mind... and even if there were they could solve that during the mission. When the final question came she swiftly answered, “no, everything is clear. Let us finally be on our way.”

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  7. The Dread King

Morturion's brow furrowed at Helena's giggle. Not understanding the source of her humour due not possessing a decent, functioning sense of humour at all, to be precise, he was slightly confused, and somewhat suspicious. He dismissed his worries about her, relieved that they would finally be going after those artefacts.

"Very well," Nicoletto said, "follow me, then." He turned on his heel, and was followed by Morturion, Giovanni, Salazar and - he presumed - Helena. Through several darkened corridors they strode, until they reached the entrance to the manor. "Outside these doors rest our coaches," Nicoletto explained. "Giovanni, if you please," he muttered.

The necromancer servant nodded, and chanted unexplained incantations for a few seconds, before he stopped abruptly. Although nothing seemed to have happened, something in the atmosphere had changed. Nicoletto looked to his servant for assurance, and Giovanni nodded back. The wards had been taken down temporarily; it was safe to exit the mansion.

As the council group stepped out into the cool, crisp night air, Nicoletto took a moment to reflect on the cold beauty of Mannslieb. It looked down on them mysteriously, revealing them, to a degree, to both friend and foe alike; thus, as was its nature, it was not clear whether or not the moon itself would aid or stymie their efforts this night. It might hurt, it might hinder, but what it clearly did do was promise.

That was it, Nicoletto thought to himself: the moon promised an eventful night to come.

Morturion, who had been thinking about the orb in the sky above him in rather less poetic terms, came to a similar conclusion. This will be an evening of opportunity, he reflected internally, and I refuse to miss out on any of it...

Nicoletto and Giovanni stepped into one coach, and Morturion and Salazar stepped into the other. Once Helena had joined one of the two carriages, the Council group would finally depart Nicoletto's mansion, and embark on their mission.

8. MasterSpark

Like the others, Helena was also somewhat taken by the light of the moon as they stepped outside. It was finally happening; they were finally on their way to undertake this important task. She grasped her lucky charm hanging around her neck tightly. It had been so long since she had been involved in anything like it but Helena knew that they would be successful. How she would delight in the praise and recognition she was going to receive once they returned.

Presented with the choice of travelling together either with Nicoletto or Morturion, Helena swiftly chose the former. Without a moment's hesitation she made to approach and enter the coach in which Nicoletto and Giovanni had gone.

9. The Dread King

"Depart," was the single order given by Nicoletto after Helena had chosen her carriage. Subsequently, the coaches took off into the night, their macabre drivers not flinching at all as they proceeded to move with breathtaking speed towards the college.