1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC II Chapter 9 - The Master of Blood Keep

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council II' started by Simon von Carstein, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Simon von Carstein

Simon von Carstein The Poetic Fiend True Blood TVC II GM

"Indeed. Show a little of that need for self preservation which I have to believe you possess somewhere in that thick skull." Said Simon emerging from the tent.

"You are not a great power here Graveclaw. You are a just a toothless old predator trying to impress your betters with your roar. A monster trying to be more than what it is. Which is simply adorable."

Turning to Sir Hans Simon continued "I think our business here is finished "We'll spend the night and then continue to Blood Keep early and discreetly."

2. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Hans said nothing at Simon's comments, he instead stood silently with a hand on his sword waiting for his master to finish.

The knight bowed his head respectfully "Excellent my lord, I look forward to returning to the Keep...it's been a while since I've spoken with the Grandmaster."

3. Kavok

Kavok Wight King

Kavok glances between the vampire throwing insults, and the monster he was throwing insults at. 'By the Lady... Why are they trying to drag me into this... I realize I'm already a dead and doomed man, but... insulting the beast doesn't seem like a very bright idea... Unless I am either overestimating its abilities, or underestimating this vampiric knight. Which could very likely be the case. Vampires are monsters... My time among them is making me forget that... They've just been acting so... human... mostly. But the question of whether or not I'm on their council. It definitely gives me something resembling a position for continuing to fight against the ruinous powers... but admitting that I am a part of a council of vampires... I truly am doomed, but I'm not sure if I am ready to truly admit to that level of blasphemy.'

Kavok finally decides to speak up as he puts a hand on the girl's shoulder, trying to lead her away from what could potentially be a fight. "I stand with you against the forces of Chaos, you have my word for that. If that means much anymore coming from me..." Looking at Ellan, he says, "We should probably go find some food and a place to sleep for the night. Hopefully this will be a short, uneventful night..."

4. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

Graveclaws one remaining eye remained locked on Han’s “Dragon’ssssss huntersssss musssst be blind deaf and dumb, Graveclaw been in Ssssssstirland thissssss whole time sssssssleeping, and only jussssst woke to thissss nightmare nor doesssss care what prey thinkssss of him” as Simon emerged from the tent and spoke the Strigoi ignored him completely instead turning his gaze upon the upon Kavok and Ellen “ there no time for you resssst here, every hour we wasssste the clawsssss of Chaosssss growssss tighter, and it will be Ssssslyvania thatsssss sssssufferessss for it” the Strigoi glared at Simon with pure venom. “ for where elssssse isssss Chaos certain to find Vampiresssss?” Graveclaws gaze retuned to the mortals “hurry and mount your horssssessss , or Graveclaw will drag you the resssst of the way”

5. Simon von Carstein

Simon von Carstein The Poetic Fiend True Blood TVC II GM

Overhearing Sir Kavok and Ellen Gabriel spoke up "You can eat in the officers mess tent." he offered "the food is of better quality and the conversation a little more interesting than that of the common soldier. I will also speak with the quartermaster to arrange somewhere for you to sleep." Turning to Sir Hans he said "Of course you're always welcome to join us Sir Hans. The mess caters for living and dead."

Simon nodded "Good idea Gabriel might as well unwind for a few hours." Turning to Graveclaw he continued "We are currently being watched by every Imperial eye in Nuln. When we enter Imperial territory I would prefer that they not be aware of it. So if you want to go now then please do and rid us of your incompetence."

6. Kavok

Kavok Wight King

Kavok glances over at Graveclaw and says "Sorry monster that we are but weak mortals who require sleep and food to sustain us. Eventually we are going to have to stop, and here seems like as good a place as any. And while time may not be on your side like it normally is for those who don't age, I perfectly understand how precious time is. I may not know much of sorcery, but no one else seems to have expressed enough concern to make me feel as though we are truly in as much of a rush as you are describing. Certainly a problem that needs to be seen to, but running ourselves ragged is currently unnecessary as far as I have seen."

Kavok gives Simon a nod before continuing on.

7. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

As night fell, human and vampire alike dined in the tents outside the city. The food was rich, the air cool and crisp, the serried ranks of skeletons always ready for war.

Inside Nuln, defenders survived on only the rations of the stalwarts and the memories of the fallen. The air was thick was the smoke of the forges within the settlement, and the city's defenders were on edge, wondering who would die tomorrow if the undead were to attack.

At first glance, it might seem to be in a desperate state. Such an assumption could not be further from the truth.

The metals of industry that plastered the city's homes, walls and its towers reflected the sunset. It glowed with defiant light. It had been battered by years of war, the full might of the Triumvirate's armies thrown at it time and time again, but still it stood, a beacon of hope, an effigy to human ingenuity, a bastion of the Empire's determination in the face of apparently inevitable doom.

It would not fall. It could not fall, Avax realised. He had spoken to Eckhart upon his return to the city. The lord commander was sceptical that the ceasefire would hold, and cynical about its benefits. But what had struck the mage general was his sheer rage - a rage shared by the veterans of the war against the Triumvirate. They would not give up, not until the walls of the city were but rubble, not until the great factories and institutions of Nuln were reduced to dust, not until each of their bodies was impaled on a Carstein banner.

As Avax looked at its unique distortion of the sunset, standing on the top of the inner wall of Nuln once again, he was struck by its brilliance. The city had lived in defiance of the Von Carsteins. The sun dropped below the horizon, and the mechanical beast that was Nuln fell to sleep. If it died, it would die in defiance of the Von Carsteins.

8. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

OOC: RL has caught up with Simon and GoW, so I will RP their characters until they return.

Simon had prepared himself for travel as the night passed; dawn would break soon. It was in the small hours of the night that he and his allies would continue their journey. Hans approached him and greeted him, "Lord Imperator."

"What is it, Hans? Is everything prepared?" the Imperator questioned.

Hans replied, "The strigoi has been sent for, and the mortals awoken by our servants. We leave within the hour, sir, on your command."

"Excellent," Simon exclaimed, beaming at his soldier, "Truth be told, I'm rather relieved the night passed so uneventfully. Frequently occurring disasters has become an all too familiar feature of both this council and the last." With these words, he smiled ruefully, remembering the past council and the strife between its members. He continued, "The time up until now since the first council's inception is roughly equivalent to the time for which the second has existed. By this point, Milosh and Vekarin had already parted ways and the Violet Keep had been attacked by Skaven. Of course, they had somehow managed to weaponise Lesa too.

"Oh, how dangerous and yet amusing that time was. Still - I hope our second council works on a more civil basis."

Hans nodded his head, unsure of what to say. The carriages, whose wraith drivers waited silently behind the Imperator and his servant, had already been prepared, and the Blood Knight's thoughts had focused on them for the past few minutes. He was astounded at Simon's account: that an organisation as chaotic as the first council had come so far as to defeat Nagash made him wonder how much potential the second council had. He dismissed his wonder and looked around him, waiting for Kavok, Ellen and Graveclaw to arrive.