1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

CN Medals need you!

Discussion in 'Grave News' started by Count Darvaleth, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

That might be difficult as there would be no way to automatically grant such medals, and very time consuming to have someone manually grant one when a member reaches those goals.

2. Raven Torrid

Raven Torrid Black Knight

With the Golden Bat behind us, it is time to start working on the rest of the forum medals. These are the next five to be done first.

Any ideas for motifs to be used?

3. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Just a note Raven - I've got the medal software working on the testsite, and those medals look bloody (pun intended!) good :vampire3:

I think firstly we could do with designing a new background? I think the bat shield should be specific for the Golden Bat medals, it would be good if we could have a different one for forum medals?

As for the actual images, well the Banshee one is easy - a screaming banshee! xD The Vaults one really needs to reference wealth in someway, perhaps a large blood red gem nestled in some gold ingots? Dread Scholar - an old book / tome? Not quite sure for the TVC..... @Get of W'soran, @The Dread King @Simon von Carstein - any suggestions?

4. Raven Torrid

Sure. As I stated earlier in the topic - another idea is to use a banner. Tried to come up with more ideas what else to use as background...only thought of shields, tabards, cloaks and banners. Banners still seem to be the most practical so here are a few banner background variants:

1) Based on the Ogre banner, a bit elongated: http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/images/303397125272.jpg
    2) Based on the Von Carstein banner, somewhat widened: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Von-Carstein-Upgrade-Pack
    3) Based on the Bloodletters banner, widened: http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/images/626979061833.jpg
    4) Based on the Grave Guard banner: http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/images/283074388581.jpg

My picks would be either 1 or 2. Here are the sketches:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a preview of the approximate medal size:

[​IMG]

That's a good idea to start with, although the ingots don't seem very Lahmian-ish to me. xD So I'm thinking of some kind of a brooch with a ruby in the middle, surrounded by a golden part with fancy design (I'm thinking maybe stylized golden snakes)...will try to come up with something for sure.

Thoughts?

5. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

I like the use of banners for medal backgrounds but I think we'll need to see the combined products to really know how it will end up looking. The design of the banners are very nicely done but they'll need fitting emblems to keep that.

6. Raven Torrid

Here is the basic visual test using some of the Golden Bat emblems:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Contrary to my initial presumption, the 2nd shape isn't very practical (not much space in there after all). The 1st and the 3rd seem to be doing quite well tho.

The Sun King likes this.
  7. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

I like the 3rd best but I wonder if the split colours will be a problem with it diffusing some emblems? These 2 here seems to have worked out fine though.

8. Sanai

Sanai Stylish Deviant True Blood

A way for army completion medals to work would possibly be to have one central thread to keep track of everyone's points painted, like a pledge thread. If people want the medal, they have to post in the thread and keep that specific thread updated with how many points of VC they have completed (with spoiler tag wrapped images of said painted & based units as evidence that won't make the page impossible to load)