1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Cold Undead

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by SkinAndBones, Oct 23, 2016.

1. SkinAndBones

SkinAndBones Zombie

Thanks guys. No ice effects on these guys in the works. Probably just stick to the basing I have going. I think I'll eventually do a winter Wood Elf army with ice, but who knows?

Borgnine, the blood is done by basing stuff in Mephiston Red, then washing in a 1:1 mix of Carroburg Crimson and Nuln Oil, then hitting that with a coat of Blood for the Blood God, which is maybe the greatest technical paint ever.

Also, my Bretonnians are scattered all over the internet haha, but here's some albums:

http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org...view&id=167314&catid=18&limit=15&limitstart=0

http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org...view&id=168520&catid=25&limit=15&limitstart=0

I have a couple more things completed as well, like Louen, a lance of KotR and a lance of Errants that I'm really close to finishing. I can post that stuff later when I photograph it if you'd like.

2. SkinAndBones

SkinAndBones Zombie

Another small update. It occured to me that I had never posted my Corpse Cart. It's been finished for months, but I was taking some pictures of my Bretonnians, so I made sure to get a few shots of the cart. Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, he's not technically Undead, I guess, but he is ethereal! My newly completed Green Knight:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys enjoy.

3. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Woh, the eyes on shield and horse looks freaky! Really nice effect! Always loved the model, nice to see him one more time and in such a fitting look! Your CC is also nice, the blue flames are on top fitting with your cold theme!

4. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@SkinAndBones I second @Theerteen here - that green knight is nicely done, very eye-catching paint job you've achieved. The corpse cart is cool too, the blue flames work really well. Great work.

5. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

I really like the strong blue shade on the Corpse Cart, the whole piece is pretty striking :) And that Green Knight is brilliant of course, with those glowing eyes - as people already said here. Great, great job there! :)

6. StarkRavingMad

StarkRavingMad Zombie

Hey, nice looking work all around. I saw your black coach come up on a google image search as well. It lead me to some other sites but then I came across it while browsing here for the first time in a while. I think I take credit for making this black coach conversion first. I posted it here a while ago. http://www.vampirecounts.net/thread...rtarch-of-night-conversion.26540/#post-400844 Almost 3 years ago! :o I think yours is only the second other one I have seen though. I still haven't painted mine. :( I have instead been playing a lot of Bolt Action since but recently found my VC itch again. Nice Green Knight too. I also have Brets.

7. SkinAndBones

SkinAndBones Zombie

Yeah I think that was it. Awesome, and thanks for the inspiration. The internet is a magical place, haha.

8. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

That Green Knight is very, very nice! Thank you for inspiring me to paint mine GK :D

Theerteen likes this.
  9. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Looking good!

10. SkinAndBones

SkinAndBones Zombie

@Sessioni, make sure you post it when you're done!