1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Downtime?

Discussion in 'Wisdom of the Master Archive' started by Count Darvaleth, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Count Darvaleth

Count Darvaleth I <3 marmite Staff Member True Blood

The forum has been down for me for the last couple of days, this is the first I've been able to access it.

Anybody else been having the same issue?

2. Blutsauger

Blutsauger Vampire Count True Blood

Same here. Hope CN isn't experiencing financial difficulty.

3. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

There has been an issue with the host, which I am assuming has now been resolved. if you join the CN facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/303211981227/ then you can keep updated when downtime like this occurs

4. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Financial difficulty? What would make you think that? o.o

It was issues with our VPS, compounded with very slow response times from our host. Please refer to the Grave News section for further info.

5. Blutsauger

Blutsauger Vampire Count True Blood

Seems to be the most common reason for sites shutting down, glad to know that's not the case :)

6. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

That's a poor reason. If things get very bad sites can downgrade to shared hosting at $5 a month - don't get me wrong, will likely be very slow but better than nothing.

Happily we aren't in that situation, though I have firmly been told by the missus that £40 I am paying monthly for our VPS is the limit xD

7. Corien Sumatris

Corien Sumatris Vampire Count True Blood

Well either way we all appreciate all of the finacial efforts you contribute to making this site amazing!