1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Dragon Riding Vampire Lord Tactica

Discussion in 'The Teachings of Abhorash' started by Archamedius, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Archamedius

Archamedius Grave Guard

Anyone have a link to a tactica covering the Vampire Lord on a Zombie Dragon? I thought there was one around here somewhere but cannot find it for the life of me. I have suddenly come into a need for reviewing the tactics surrounding the unit.

2. DanteAlSimmon

DanteAlSimmon Zombie

3. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

I could write a complete tactica if there is interest enough?

DanteAlSimmon likes this.
  4. Henning

Henning Ghoul

for shizzle

5. Archamedius

Archamedius Grave Guard

Given how close Age of Sigmar is, and that it will likely make any tactica written for 8th obsolete, I'd hate to have you go through all that work. However a short synopsis would be appreciated.

If the unit really is as straight forward as it seems (move turn one, angle for flank charges, then turn two charge and murder, rinse and repeat, Charge war machines if necessary) that may not be necessary.

6. Majrenob

Majrenob Zombie

I really really want to put a Nightshroud Vampire Lord on a Dragon and wreck face. But there are so many cannons in the local meta and I get sad when my VL dies.

7. The Sun King

Well I don't think it is straight forward to play the Vampire Dragon build... Playing with the zombie dragon is a study in zone control, a subject that I am very keen on writing about, but I agree: Let us see what happens after AoS. I assume that the tactica will only be MORE relevant with combined statlines :D

8. Archamedius

Archamedius Grave Guard

I am really starting to think combined profiles, even if you give ward and armor saves to the mount will not make monster riders overpowered. With cannons unlikely to change drastically, they still ignore armor and so at best get a 50/50 shot to save. Large infantry blocks still hold up monster riders thanks to steadfast and step up attacks. But it would give them some semblance of a chance to get into combat, and at least a fighting chance at survivability.

9. Henning

Henning Ghoul

The Zombie Lord really comes into his own in ETC "simple line of sight" rules where he can hide behind hills.

10. The Sun King

@Henning has the right of it. He is a beast in ETC.