1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Emerging from the deep wood.

Discussion in 'Fresh Blood' started by emptyhat, Nov 1, 2017.

1. emptyhat

emptyhat Zombie

Hello VC forum. I'm currently in the middle of trying to get through my long built up Fantasy backlog of models to build paint and then get on the table for games. One of the armies I've got is a moderate collection of Vampire Counts. I'm not especially interested in Age of Sigmar and would rather play Fantasy, either 8th because it is the most recent, or whatever edition an opponent is particularly wed to if it is good for getting games. For now I'm mostly trying to learn 8th.

I've almost finished painting the first 2k of High Elves that I have so the next thing will be getting about 2k of Vampire Counts ready so that I have two armies to lure in players who would like to play some Fantasy but don't have an army right now. My sister has expressed a strong interest in playing Vamps because of their pretty sweet monstrous aesthetic.

I've got some questions that I'll put up on the World That Was section when I've got a bit more time. For now I must flee, the children of the dark wood will soon be upon me and they wax with nervous energy.

2. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

Welcome to the forum :). I believe that there are still a number of members here who play eighth edition Fantasy, so I'm sure that you'll be able to receive valuable input on any questions that you want to ask. I hope that you enjoy being a member of this community.

3. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@emptyhat Welcome to the forums, there's shed loads of info for 8th Ed around here and there's even a pretty sweet guide called 'Sunny & Najo's Handbook' here too. Well worth a read if you're just getting into the game.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. emptyhat

emptyhat Zombie

Thanks for the welcomes. I'll be sure to read through the guide thread.