1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Entry Thread. Turning the World to Darkness: 'Heavy Metal'

Discussion in 'Dying to Help' started by Borgnine, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

The Theme: Heavy Metal

Ok, this one is pretty open - similar to the 'Blood Red' one I proposed some time ago. The interpretation of the topic is open, you are free to enter any undead models you'd like as long as you feel it is appropriate for the theme Heavy Metal.

Original models and conversions allowed.

The Prize: The winner earns the glory and a place in the Hall of Infamy thread. The winner also gets to select the theme of the next painting challenge (note that the winner only has a weekend to present the decision, so please be prepared and available).

The Rules:
    • All models entered should not have been painted more than a year ago from the date the entry thread is closed. This will not be enforced but violators will politely be asked to retract their entry.
    • All miniatures presented must have been painted by the entrant.
    • Max one entry per person.
    • Max 3 images per entry (including pictures in collages), of reasonable size.
    • No voting for your own entry.
    • No model can be entered into several challenges.
    • For every started set of 5 entries, each member gets a single vote (for example: with 7 entries everyone would get 2 votes).
    • Open entries and open voting. Everyone can see who painted what.
    • Models can be of any manufacture and conversion, but must fulfil all the criteria of the given theme.
    • If no decision on the next theme is made within a week of the winner announcement, the decision falls to the competition organizer.

The Schedule:
    Week 1, Monday: Theme announcement and entry thread created
    Week 7, Sunday: Entry thread closed. Voting thread opened.
    Week 8, Friday: Voting thread closed. Result announced. Winner asked about next theme.

This thread is now open for people to post their entries. Please state a name of the miniature along with the pictures (ex: Vampire Lord or Countess Squigmachine). The thread closes on the 21st of January 2018 at (roughly) 23:59 CET.

2. Borgnine

3. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

There's only one thing I can do for this... and I've got so much to do, already. Damn your excellent category choice, sir! :tongue:

Borgnine likes this.
  4. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Black Knight

OK, that requires some thinking...

5. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

At first, I thought this meant only metal models. I think the heaviest model I have is a exorcist or penitent engine for sisters of battle, followed closely by Zecharias and the varghulf.

6. Borgnine

That's an interpretation I didn't consider, but I don't see why it shouldn't be valid too :D

7. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Seriously? I'm completely with @Alabaster427 , I totally was fixated on metal minis :D But I'm glad it's not only that ;)

8. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Black Knight

I'm going for a composition involving my heaviest metal miniature, served with a heavy metal song lyric. :cool:

9. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

THAT is friggin awesome xD

I had quite the mini for that, my wight king (from chaos warrior converted, so heavy ass armor) with a metal album title on his banner, but I fear it's too old to enter xD maybe I find something else

10. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Sooo, heavy metal refer to anything that can make sense? Actual metal minis that are heavy, super metallic paint job,related to heavy metal music, or whatever?

I'll have to think about it and see if i have something that could fit this!

11. Borgnine

@Mioum basically yes :) I think I'll enter with my ogre cannon filler, that should be metal and heavy enough ;)

12. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

This is pretty open then?... Given the looseness of the theme :)

13. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Snowed in today, and was at a heavy metal gig last night. so was inspired to make a start on my entry! Only a brief distraction though - as soon as I can get access to my garage, I need to start spraying all these Space Marine vehicles, which remain my priority.

14. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

Man I'd love to do something for this, but I'm stumped. I find it hard to find the motivation to paint something right now, despite having some candidate that would suit this challenge (mostly metal mini that are heavy :tongue:).