1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Entry Thread. Turning the World to Darkness: 'Heavy Metal'

Discussion in 'Dying to Help' started by Borgnine, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Wight King

When the going gets tough... Ghost Rider picks up a tank! xD

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  2. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

That tank is awesome! Not undead though, I'd support the Black Coach prox with an undead driver ;)

3. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Oh, so you're *sure* that the Legion of the Damned aren't Undead Space Marines, are you? Have some special knowledge about them and the Cursed Founding do you? These large, power-armoured gentleman from the Inquisition would like a word with you...

Any more objections? ;)

Theerteen likes this.
  4. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Even more special knowledge would be knowing that they are precisely 'undead' and nothing else, mister inquisitor ;) And it could be a looted, Ork-owned machine!

But, jokes aside - I really want to let it slide, because it looks awesome, but the rules are the rules (german mindset is affecting me), so adding an undead driver to that monstermachine would be really cool :) If that's not an option, then we're have to describe it as an exception of sorts.

5. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

I'm not clear why it's not allowed under the rules, to be honest

6. Borgnine

Because the rules state 'undead model'. I had to trawl through some wikis to get more precise info about them and it can be streeetched to make them count as 'undead'. But then we would probably have to add dreadnoughts, plague marines, necrons, thousand sons, etc. into the list. It can be argued that it fits, but I always understood it as stuff that would fit in a Vampire Counts or a Tomb Kings army.

But hell, I won't be making a big deal of it now, when we have so few members and this is such a good piece - leave it as it, let's make those marines undead for this competition ;) Hopefully for the next competition we can define what is undead and what isn't :)

What do you think, people?

7. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

You should consider adding words like Warhammer, Fantasy, Vampire Counts or Tomb Kings to the rules, then :) I wouldn't enter something like this in any old undead category, it's only because you declared it open to "interpretation", and this model only exists because you chose this category for this competition - I had absolutely no plans or concept of building this until then!

8. Borgnine

I didn't want to force anyone into a particular system - that's why I kept it under rather vague 'undead' category - I didn't know something like this would show up... I guess this is an interpretation too ;) Sorry for the mess, I'll think about clarifying it in the future ;)

9. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

If it makes you feel better, this model contains parts from "officially" Undead models from GW / Citadel, while many of the units in my "officially" Undead army contain no such things - my dryad-ghouls, elf-Bloodknights, werewolf-Crypt Horrors and zombie-Carmine Dragon have NO undead model parts at all ;)

10. Unas the slayer

As promised, here's my entry. "Heavy metal Tank".
    What happens when a block of iron on wheels crushes against a skeletons troop? here's the answer.

Lyrics taken from the song "Kill with power", by Manowar.

Hear what's written on the wind.
    We come to kill and kill again.
    Trample on the dead
    None can harm us - not their fire, iron or steel
    for we have the Will to power-with power we will Kill
    KILL WITH POWER - DIE DIE
    !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Hahaha, you have to love these pictures! Well done :)

Unas the slayer likes this.
  12. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

I once killed a steam tank with a pack of dire wolves. Granted, I only caused one wound with them, but that's irrelevant...

13. Borgnine

A great idea there @Unas the slayer ! A steam tank was the first that came to my mind when I first came up with this topic xD

My entry - a heavy (piece of) metal cannon left in the forest for zombies to crawl on ;)

[​IMG]

14. Unas the slayer

Once again, great attention to details.
    Great entry, @Borgnine ;)

15. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

16. Borgnine

Are we still waiting for anyone else?