1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tom-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Entry Thread. Turning the World to Darkness: Undead Artillery / Warmachine

Discussion in 'Dying to Help' started by Borgnine, Jun 19, 2017 at 5:35 PM.

1. Borgnine

Borgnine Vampire Count True Blood

And we're going again with the competition!

The Theme: Undead Artillery / Warmachine

As it says on the tin. Cannons, catapults, ballistae, trebuchets, steam tanks - crewed by undead, made of undead, powered by undead, using undead as ammunition - all kinds of artillery and engines of war are allowed as long as undead are involved ;) Those can be self-sufficient units, fillers to other units, dioramas etc. Original models and conversions allowed. If someone wants to be creative with the topic - think things like "he's more of a war machine than a man" - I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.

The Prize: The winner earns the glory and a place in the Hall of Infamy thread. The winner also gets to selected the theme of the next painting challenge (note that the winner only has a weekend to present the decision, so please be prepared and available).

The Rules:
    • All models entered should not have been painted more than a year ago from the date the entry thread is closed. This will not be enforced but violators will politely be asked to retract their entry.
    • Max one entry per person.
    • Max 3 images per entry (including pictures in collages), of reasonable size.
    • No voting for your own entry.
    • No model can be entered into several challenges.
    • For every started set of 5 entries, each member gets a single vote (for example: with 7 entries everyone would get 2 votes).
    • Open entries and open voting. Everyone can see who painted what.
    • Models can be of any manufacture and conversion, but must fulfil all the criteria of the given theme.
    • If no decision on the next theme is made within a week of the winner announcement, the decision falls to the competition organizer.

The Schedule:
    Week 1, Monday: Theme announcement and entry thread created
    Week 7, Sunday: Entry thread closed. Voting thread opened.
    Week 8, Friday: Voting thread closed. Result announced. Winner asked about next theme.

This thread is now open for people to post their entries. Please state a name of the miniature along with the pictures (ex: Vampire Lord or Countess Squigmachine). The thread closes on the 6th of August at (roughly) 23:59 CET.

I extended the deadline by two days of weekend, to get that last good chance to finish the entry ;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 5:21 PM
  2. Borgnine

Borgnine Vampire Count True Blood

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  3. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

My lucky day! I've got just the unit.

4. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Varghulf

5. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

@Adam_Barrow My supernatural senses told me you would like the theme :D :D
    @Shadespyre Yeeeehhh kind of. As Borgnine said, there's plenty of possibilities ;) I've chosen that one because of my upcoming change to KoW, where undead can have our beloved catapults and stuff, and I have one of that kind laying around here unassembled, and hope for the same motivation boost like on the last challenge ;)

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  6. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

@Theerteen KoW is a blast, dude. You'll dig it.

Theerteen likes this.
  7. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Grave Guard

Me too!
    It won't be the most original unit ever (no conversions or captured enemy's artillery), but who cares? ;)

Theerteen and Adam_Barrow like this.
  8. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Varghulf

So I had an idea.... now all I need is bits and time... no promises, though!

Adam_Barrow, Theerteen and Borgnine like this.