1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tomb-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Farmer's Greenskins

Discussion in 'The Faces of Our Next Meal......' started by Farmer7574, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

Not much O&G stuff done these days other than my competition entry (I'll post him in a few weeks), but I have been working on bits here and there between doing my VC stuff.

First up is a few homemade bases I put together for the Snotling Pump Wagons I have planned for the future:

[​IMG]

I wanted to try out @Lord Elpus 's basing tip (over on Da Warpath) where he glued kitchen towel over the undesirable gaps on bases, which I can say worked out nicely and saved a fair bit of greenstuff.

I also put together a 60mm squared base for the Skull Pass tent, this'll serve as a night gobbo unit filler:

[​IMG]

Speaking of which, I got that one prepared for assembly during a work lunch break the other week and put it together:

[​IMG]

I green stuffed the area inside the mouth as I plan to paint it as though there's some green light inside the tent, suggesting a shaman inside chanting spells.

I also put another bunch of Skull Pass spear gobbos together ready for some paint the next time I fancy a break from painting VC:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regarding earlier posts:

@benvoliothefirst Since my last post I've swayed my decision more towards using cold ones for my night gobbo 'wolf' rider mounts since the savage boyz are quite stocky and the cold ones are prettty thin. Plus a giant unit of 20 raptors will look pretty darn cool!

I like the idea of sculpting fur over areas, and I'm sure it'll work well but I am completely new to sculpting fur so I'll have to try that out :)

@Borgnine Wow, thanks a lot mate! :) That yellow is definitely a love/hate scheme - I'm not much a fan of the yellow gore gruntas but the red ones they've painted look pretty cool. I had to go for black armour though as I wanted him to meld in with my black orc side of the Waaagh :)

The reins aren't actually too bad. I'm considering opting for cold one mounts for the night gobbo cavalry, so reins wouldn't look out of place. The saddle parts however will, so GS fur and cloth seems to be the obvious way forward.

Cheers for your feedback, gents :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Lord Elpus likes this.
  2. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Varghulf

Nice project. I agree that the Raptors would look better as substitute wolves; perhaps one of the older Cold One sculpts (which were bulkier) might be better for Orcs, if you can get them?

3. Farmer7574

A little side project I did a few weeks back for the latest competition over on Da Warpath:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a before shot:

[​IMG]

The category is 'Brave or Just Plain Stupid', so I fashioned a daredevil doom diver gobbo. I happened to get a goblin head with shades in a random bunch of spares I bought ages ago and thought that it would make a good addition to my O&G at some point, and so here it is :)

To add a bit of character, I wrote some fluff for him:

Two-Flight Jif:

Two-Flight Jif got his nickname after being found alive embedded in an unfortunate ogre's belly, barely conscious & with only a few missing teeth after his first bout as a Doom Diver, something seen even less so than a troll with intelligence. Since recovering, he's developed quite a reputation among his peers as a courageous fiend of the sky and has become a bit big-headed & adopted something of a style for it, doing away with the phallic-shaped tin hat donned by the other Doom Divers and instead keeping his usual attire & sporting snazzy shades he looted from the corpse of a dwarven gyrocopter pilot a while ago.

@Shadespyre I agree mate. I've since bought some more gobbo wolf rider legs and am in the process of getting some cold one mounts (DE style). I think I'll just stick to boars for the orcs as I wouldn't likely use the boar mounts for anything else.

Cheers for taking a look.

der vued likes this.
  4. Borgnine

Borgnine Vampire Count True Blood

Wonderful work on that gobbo! Seems a perfect fit for such a competition topic ;) Is that a hood you sculpted behind his head? So a night goblin doom diver? That's even more awesome :) It's also quite funny that he's not wearing the helmet and despite that he has such good survivability xD

5. Farmer7574

It's been a while! Some night goblin 'musicians' I converted for the current competition on Da Warpath:

[​IMG]

I've entered them as musicians but have decided that they'll make great additions to the squig herders instead.

Here's the before shot:

[​IMG]

Inspiration came from a few things I've seen in China. The guy on the left is holding clapper sticks:

[​IMG]

I've seen these on TV in China. The audience usually have them so they don't have to clap all the time...

The guy in the centre has a singing bowl:

[​IMG]

These are used in parts of Asia to help get rid of headaches and stuff by moving the stick around the inner side of the bowl and placing on the affected body part. Of course, banging it makes a loud noise and can therefore herd squigs reasonably well. The guy on the right has a flute (which kinda looks like a blow dart come to think of it).

@Borgnine Cheers buddy! Yeah, that's a hood I've sculpted for him. I don't want anything common in my O&G, so all the goblins are night or forest, and all the orcs are black or savage.

Cheers for taking a look :)